Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 muscle twitches 

Post muscle twitches
the index finger on my right hand has been twitching a lot for the past few days. could this be associated with prostatitis?

Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:43 pm

Post Re: muscle twitches
Jbfast
Yes, had all that when I was first diagnosed. Central nervous system gets wound up due to an anxious dispostion of the condition. My nerves got so bad I was twitching all over. So paranoid got mri for MS. Nothing...My best advice is give it time and stretch and sit on heating pad. Muslces will calm down and so will the rest of your central nervous system. The more you stress the worse symptoms will become and spread. In my case, it was a muscular skeletal condition perpetuated by pelvic trauma and STRESS. For others, its bacterial. Think the muscular skeletal theory is worth exploring. Were you going through a lot of stress before this started. I was. Just got married, bought home, baby on the way. Things will get better. Do keep me posted.
Rob

Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:02 pm

jbfast wrote:
the index finger on my right hand has been twitching a lot for the past few days. could this be associated with prostatitis?

Not trying to diagnose you because no one here is qualified to do that. My opinion you are trying to associate everything you feel with your prostate, and by doing so just making it worse. I've been in your shoes. The more you focus on your symptoms, the worse you will feel. Anxiety will increase every single symptom you have. If you can get your Dr to prescribe something like Ativan it will help you cope with this.
No matter how you approach your problem, the first thing you need to do is reduce your level of anxiety.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:42 pm

yeah, i'm extremely stressed about this. Thanks guys.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]