Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Masturbation question 

Post Masturbation question
Reading I have noticed most say refrain from it, My Uro tells me to keep the pipes clean. So....I only know to ways to clean pipes, take matters in hand or sex. I have no GF at moment nor am I looking until i get things straightened out with my prostate. What works for you guys.

Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:50 pm

Post Re: Masturbation question
You will have to find out what's work for you.
In the beginning every time I masturbated, a flare up was following. Decided to refrain From it during 3 weeks which gave me the greatest relief of my prostatitis journey.

But now it seems to be the contrary I can't be pain free anymore by stopping sex but now masturbating gives me relief when I have a flare.

Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:30 pm

When my prostate is inflamed, it kind of makes things worse. Sometimes better, it varies really. I would say that more often than not, it causes some urethritis. There's several theories as to why you should do it, and others as to why you shouldn't do it.

The shouldn't theory...at least what I can think of would involve ejaculating out antibiotics that may further concentrate in the seminal fluids if left in the vesicles and prostate, but I honestly don't know if that's how it would really work, just a guess.

Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:32 pm

I avoid masturbation and sex. However, East Green had a very bad experience with celibacy. It's difficult to give advice.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:45 am

East Green Here!
Yes. In general masterbation and sex gave me flare-ups.
I have not tested positive for an infection. If you have bacterial prostatitis, maybe you should ejaculate every other day.
Over the three years that I made progress, I kept to once a week.
Sex preferable....to masterbation.
During that time I did many two week stretches...and a few three week stretches without ejaculating.
Some times I would, rarely masterbate 2-3 times a week. Maybe four times during those years.
Didn't set me back, but something told me to hold off.
Wet dreams began to occur again. I'm 40. Wild.

A general rule that worked for me was once a week. But then again...I still have this, but it has improved...until

I went celibate for 6 weeks and it backfired...brown, water semen. Pain returned to testicles...uggggggggg.

Not back at square one...but it was my first regression. I'm working on getting back now to where I was, which wasn't too bad.

I'm going to follow my original plan. Once a week. With twice here and there.

Helps to do it at night, right before you go to sleep. I feel your muscles relax and it is better for you.

My advice: Take a couple weeks off...see what happens, or stick to once a week.

?

One Day Closer

Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:38 pm

I feel like if I avoid masturbation, I start feeling pressure in my prostate. I think the inflammation makes that sensation worse for me. I'm currently masturbating almost every night. I tried 2 weeks of celibacy last summer, and ended up having a wet dream. I think your body is still wanting your prostate to drain, but I also think orgasms might disrupt the healing cycle. Seems to be a very delicate balance. I may re-try a one or two week celibacy now that my prostate has lost its boggy/inflamed texture.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:28 am

I learnt by trial and error definitely to avoid it, but everyone's different.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:00 am

If its muscular then I think rest is important until you can stabilise your pelvic floor a d get the stress off.

Sometimes I read people saying they feel there prostate and I often wonder if its a tight burning sensation between the legs if it isn't sometimes the muscles being over used especially if it worsens after ejaculation and calms down after a few days but never hurts with direct pressure.

That's my tales pulled from my ass for today :)

Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]