Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Recently diagnosed and finding info difficult to find. 

Post Recently diagnosed and finding info difficult to find.
Hello, I 49 almost 50. Was recently diagnosed with Prostatitis after high PSA test a round of antibiotics anther high PSA test and finally a prostate biopsy. The biopsy revealed acute and chronic prostatitis in 4 of the 12 cores taken. If it had not been for PSA test i would have never known about it. I have slow urine flow, hard to start, dribble a bit when finished and frequent bathroom trips. I blamed this on just getting older.

So far i have taken Cipro for 3 weeks but had an allergic reaction, then I was on Bactrim for 3 weeks, but had an allergic reaction. Now on Doxycycline for 6 weeks...I have 3 weeks left.

Sex life though limited is good, firm erections, no pain during ejaculation, not bragging, but able to maintain erection until next round. I discovered and enjoyed masturbation at an early age,(5 or 6) before I knew you could do more with it than just pee. Since that discovery I have been a regular user, even today I masturbate at least 5 out of 7 days. Fortunately still wired like a 17 yo.

I need advice on what to do, to help clear this..I fear I will eventually develop some of the terrible symptoms I have read about...any hints...I eat clean, no processed foods, I'm down to one cup of coffee a day and have cut out the few drinks I have on Friday nights after work, that has been hard, as my job is very stressful, actually I have an anxiety disorder, I over react ...I really don't know what else to do...I like to be proactive and really do not like take meds.

I may have shared to much info, but I wanted you to know who I am, also I am from US.

Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:30 pm

Post Re: Recently diagnosed and finding info difficult to find.
Sorry to hear you're going through some symptoms like the rest of us. Did they identify a bacterial strain in your biopsy? If so, what was it?

Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:42 am

No Uro did not identify a bacterial strain from biopsy...I really did not know to ask, but will on next visit. I really did not hear much after he said "you don't have cancer" :P . Thanx for the info. I would have not known to ask that.

The only info I have is Uro said I had inflammation in prostate and the lab report on biopsies that identified acute prostatitis in 4 or the cores taken also chronic prostatitis in in 1 of the 4.

Thanx again.

Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:52 pm

Yeah man, it's important to find that out, specifically what bacterial species it was. They obviously thought it was some kind of an infection though, since they gave you antibiotics afterwards, so it must be bacterial. Do you remember when your symptoms first started? After unprotected sex?

Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]