Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Newly Diagnosed But Confused 

Post Newly Diagnosed But Confused
I started with symptoms of a burning sensation at the tip of penis...usually when I felt the urger to go or right afterward. Went to Urologist and he did prostate exam. Did urine test, but no bacteria there. He gave me doxycycline for 2 weeks. About two days after the prostate exam, my prostate felt like sitting on a baseball and a feeling of pressure like I had to go (not urinate). That improved mostly, but the burning sensation stayed (burning at the very tip...but sometimes a feeling like burning on all of glans).

Went back to Urologist and he did another urine test...negative. He gave me prescription Ibuprofen (600 mg) to take three times a day for 2 weeks. I also got the feeling he thought I was nuts. Ibuprofen done, but burning sensation remains.

On another note, my ortho wants me to see a Rheumatologist because of ongoing joint issues...thinks it might be Rheumatoid Arthiritis. Could that have caused the Prostatitis?

The burning is not necessarily painful...just very annoying. Ejaculating does not help...leaves the same burning sensation at tip.

Am I crazy? Is it in my head? When I wake up in the morning I do not feel it, but then it starts as I move around. Are there over-the-counter or natural remedies that help? Sitting in hot bath does nothing.

I could really use some guidance. I am 46 years of age. Thanks.

Thu May 31, 2012 3:15 pm

Post Re: Newly Diagnosed But Confused
your not crazy ! thats how mine started. get on some ant- biotics and start prostate mssage a.s.a.p.
call dr. polacheck in arizona. i know he has cured guys when they first get it. its all about getting the right treatment when you first get it. once it goes chronic life is hell!! get busy!

Thu May 31, 2012 11:19 pm

Is there an antiobiotic that works best? Plus, the concept of prostate massage sounds both uncomfortable and embarrassing...where do I go to do this? I am in Chicago area.

Thanks for the help!

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:11 am

who cares if it is uncomfortable and embarrassing . get busy before it goes chronic. itime is on yoour side dont wate it !!!! as for anti-biotcs everyone is different.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:41 pm

I have a little bit of the same burning from time to time. Not too bad.
I have been using high doses of Saw Palmetto etc. which have helped me a lot.
I also use it to help the flow of urine since I have a swollen prostate and get up ever 2 hrs. to
relieve myself.
Even 'UrineZinc" was a good product sold at Walmart etc.but now I go to "INVITEHEALTH" online and use ProstateHX.
A much higher dose.
I was told by one doctor that he does not like to message a prostate till it is proven there are no active cancer cells
in it since it can spread. Take it from there.
A PCA-3 urine test can tell rather then the more extensive Biopsy that costs a lot and only gives the Dr. a nice cash flow.
PSA tests will be the thing of the past soon. False readings. PCA-3 is going to be the next wave and more accurate.
I would do the Saw Palmetto 1st for a month ans see how it goes.
Wish you the best.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]