Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Advise from experienced sufferers grateful 

Post Advise from experienced sufferers grateful
Hello forum members, my name is mikey I am 29 and was recently diagnosed with bacterial prostatitis. Back in September 2013 I had unprotected sex during a one night stand during this time I was also stressed due to being unhappy at work. Two months later (around the end of November) I had sex with my new gf at the time and lost my erection, I put it down to one of those things because I never suffered from sexual anxiety. But as the sex continued so did the ed and then frequent urination followed in that order. Being naive and thinking it was going to go away it wasn't until the new year that I visited my doctor and had blood, urine, testosterone etc checked all ok. It wasn't until July this year that I visited my first urologist who give me the diagnosis of bacterial prostatitis and 10 weeks of doxycycline. During the course my frequency got slightly better but nothing else. Now that I am off antibiotics things are still the same. I don't have any pain and my doctor physically examined my prostate and said it felt normal and it was not sore when he touched it. I am not sure if the ed was cause by too much masterbation or from the stress at work and then the frequency started due to anxiety or wether I do actually have a prostate infection. I have no pain, not during urination, ejaculation, not in the prostate, back or anywhere else. My mental state and libido have obviously taken a great hit with this as it is all I can think/worry about.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:36 pm

Post Re: Advise from experienced sufferers grateful
Are you getting nocturnal erections? You can test this with some tape around the shaft of your penis at night and see if the tape breaks. If you're getting nocturnal erections then likely it's mental.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:31 pm

Not in pain? Be thankful for that. Relax and meditate. Stress will. Kill and erection. Then whenYou have sex that's all you fear and it. Makes it even more difficult, give it time too. Let the urge build up.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:01 pm

Evilpog wrote:
Are you getting nocturnal erections? You can test this with some tape around the shaft of your penis at night and see if the tape breaks. If you're getting nocturnal erections then likely it's mental.
I have only woken to 2 fairly decent erections during the night over maybe a 3 week period. I'd say a big part of it now is mental but there's also a physical element I just can't work out wether it's due to my prostate or some sort of muscle issue from too much masterbating or stress.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:27 am

Neverlookback wrote:
Not in pain? Be thankful for that. Relax and meditate. Stress will. Kill and erection. Then whenYou have sex that's all you fear and it. Makes it even more difficult, give it time too. Let the urge build up.

I am thankful I am not in pain at the minute though obviously I fear the pain will follow if this is not resolved. From experience what do my symptoms suggest?

Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:29 am

Your symptoms seem caused by stress, as ED and frequent urination - can you define this please? How many times during the day/night? - are symptoms.

Try to relax and it'll get better.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:06 am

ThePatrician wrote:
Your symptoms seem caused by stress, as ED and frequent urination - can you define this please? How many times during the day/night? - are symptoms.

Try to relax and it'll get better.

Constant frequent urination at least every hour. (Up once or twice during the night) Lack of libido, I wake up to a nocturnal erection once every week, maybe every 2 weeks. I have been very stressed and anxious for almost a year now since this began. I am not sure about the diagnosis of bacterial prostatitis since I have no pain during urination, no pain during ejaculation, no smelly/ discoloured seman (I have recently became a father also) . When stress/anxiety is at it's worst I feel tightness around my abdominal area and can be urinating 3x in an hour.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:17 am

I should add that I don't seem to have a problem with flow, obviously if I haven't drank a lot but need to go frequently there would not be a strong flow but if I have drank plenty of water (making my urine clear) I have a strong normal flow. The thing that confuses me about the diagnosis of bacteria in my prostate is the no pain, if any other part of the body ie ear, mouth etc gets infected they become inflamed and painful, surely my prostate should be the same if it had an infection?

Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]