Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Newly diagnosed and needing advise... 

Post Newly diagnosed and needing advise...
Thank you for taking the time reading my post. Ive been dealing with prostatitis the past 4 months and truly feel for everyone in here dealing with this. Ive read through a lot of the post but still have a handful of questions and would love the community to help answer. You don't need to answer all but the ones you might know, thank you in advance.

Question

1. Has anyone given themselves a prostate massage for any length of time and found good results?
2. Ive read the techniques in this site but find it difficult, do you know where I can get a good video of some real step by step process?
3. Can A Urologist get a good sample from a masturbation sample? When Ive had a prostate massage from my doctor he has never gotten any sample from me no matter how hard he has massaged and Im afraid of injury? And it hurts like nothing on earth!
4. If you have prostatitis but without infection (like pelvic floor dysfunction) does that account to your prostate enlarging to the size of a plumb? Cant this be the only result of bacteria?

Thank you again

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:49 pm

Post Re: Newly diagnosed and needing advise...
Can't speak to how you perform a massage, but studies suggest it's no more effective than straight ejaculation and antibiotics. The sad fact is only about 5% to 10% of sufferers fall into the acute or chronic bacterial with the remaining falling into CPPS/Non-bacterial where there is no one effective treatment so my advice is buckle in and start trying things you see on the forums within reason.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:01 pm

Thank you Evilpog. So if you don't have bacteria infection and say you fall in the CPPS/Non-bacterial category does your prostate get enlarged? Im looking at alternative treatment like acupuncture and chiropractors as well.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:01 pm

Prostate massage has helped many many people. The main thing here is do get blood flow to the prostate without ejaculation. The violent constriction of the the prostate just leads to more inflammation. The key here is the massage and let the prostate rest and heal.

Acupuncture was a waste of money for me. Do external massage or internal. Highly suggest external with a heavy duty back massager.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:13 pm

It's a chronic pain syndrome like fibromyalgia and ibs, there is likely Nothong physically wrong with your prostate. You just have to hope it goes away on it's own be side there are no medically effective treatments. You may also want to seek counselling to help adjust as this can take it's toll. I hope this is something else other than cpps and that you feel better soon.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:11 pm

Prostate enlargement and Prostatatis/CPPS are not the same thing. Prostate enlargement is a mild condition which might create some minor sexual or urinary issue. Unfortunately Prostatitis/CPPS tends to be much more severe and often includes pain.

You can try acupuncture or chiropracter which has helped some people in these forums, but then again a lot more didn't experience any improvement. There are a whole lot of things you can try, but be safe and reasonable.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:49 pm

Last question please. My urologist wants to get a sample to see what kind of bacteria it is. In the past when Ive gotten a prostate massage Ive never had any fluid escape from the tip of my penis. Is there another way he is going to get a sample from me? Im afraid if he presses to hard he might injure me? Cant the doctor get a sample from masterbation sample? Thank you

Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]