Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
 An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS - Update! 

Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
prayerandfaith wrote:
I disagree i have had nerve blocks . went to chiro had a micro denervation surgery ,Neurologists the list goes on and on. Once i saw on the screen the infection in my seminal vesicles and my prostate lobes and began injections my relief finally started ! Just trying to help to stop the run around !! trust me i have been all over the country to these so called best doctors! none of them helped but injections from Dr. Bahn .. Good luck! Peace And Light!!

Hi Prayer. Larry here. I am contemplating going to Dr. Bahn. Can I contact you by email to get more details on his treatment? My email is: jtranger@pacbell.net.

Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:14 pm

Please make this thread a Sticky.

ADMIN NOTE:
I am on my cell. I'll fix this later.

Wed May 14, 2014 10:25 pm

Thank you

Thu May 15, 2014 8:47 am

I wish to again push the connection between the toe's and the pelvis.

In my case, pressure on the nerves by bone spurs around a toe on my left foot sent a signal up to the L5S1 joint in my back. This doesn't mean I was in pain. Infact I never felt pain in my toe during normal walking activities.

This extra stimulation caused the muscles which are controlled by the lumbar nerves, the hip flexors, to get tight and twist my pelvis.

This twist travels up to my neck and causes muscle tenstion there too as the neck and the pelvis work to balance your heavy skull on top of your spine.

As my pelvis is rocked forward and twisted the pelvic floor muscles go into tension. This is the condition which goes on to create Prostatitis by irritating the nerves which go to the Bladder.

I currently have 2 options to me.

1. Remove the bone spurs around my toe to reduce the nerve irritation.

2. Use something called Cryotherapy to 'deaden' the toe nerve and reduce it's ability to get irritated.

If you've had back problems and Prostatitis, have a think about about toe problems you might have.

If in doubt, get an X-Ray done to look for any Bone Spurs or Arthritis.

Last edited by David88 on Fri May 16, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 16, 2014 11:26 am

Fri May 16, 2014 12:10 pm

David,

I have tortured myself looking for possible causes. With that being said, your theory seems to be the most plausible in my case. I say this hesitantly because I've gotten my hopes up only to be let down. However, I have had plenty of moments where I've fallen down and my butt. Moments when I was young, some even being recent before my symptoms. My starting symptoms were inability to sit, loss of feeling in my perineum, scrotum and penis. Then then urethral burning and urinary urgency came up. This made my doctors believe it was my prostate. Than I developed shock like pains, stabbing pains, burning pains and so on. I am now at the stage where my doctors believe the pudendal nerve is causing my symptoms. I had a CT Scan that showed spondylolsis in my L5 (not sure if it's relevant) and a slightly abnormal bulky prostate.

Upon receiving news of my slightly bulky prostate, I gained a touch of that depression I was oh so familiar with last year. Until I read your post about the pudendal nerve being able to leak urine and cause prostate inflammation. To me, your theory makes perfect sense. I almost want to do jumping jacks. I am a virgin, however I have had a history of excessive masturbation in my teens (3-4 times on some days). I thought that this had damaged my prostate for good but your theory makes me think a second chance could be given.

I'm going to bring this information to my family doctor after I get my MRI. I doubt my MRI will show anything because like you said, it's not commonly found. I mean, it's worth a shot. Thank you very much, part of me wants to get over this so you can feel the benefit of enlightening us. You said you are 100 percent in your original post? Is that still true to this day? I may be getting ahead of myself but I'm used to the let downs. Again, thank you and I look forward to hearing from you :)

Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:24 pm

Got an xray done and my pelvis is tilted to the right, its misaligned. My symptoms are hard flaccid, rectal tightness, pain after ejaculation, and sometimes it hurts when i puss, but overall its not as bad as other peoples

Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:01 pm

Hey guys, any chance of reviving this thread? Just stumbled upon it while searching for help, I'm in the same boat as many of you.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:46 pm

I've been following this protocol for almost a year now. It didn't do much for months 1-6. However, I've had slow but steady improvement. I have utilized a good chiropractor, a good internal pelvic floor therapist, yoga, and personal stretching. The most significant change I had that started to provide me with pain free days was when I noticed my piriformis muscle didn't bother me as much.

I feel that this is a multidimensional ailment. I believe mine was brought on by an infection in my urethera. I beat the infection, but ended up with what is know as reactive arthritis.

Be strong....It might take awhile, but most of us do improve.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:52 pm

Thanks for your reply Richard! I also find that yoga helps tremendously and I go to a 'Fit Camp' style gym (not crossfit) that is a pretty intense workout. I find during that class I forget about ALL of my symptoms and I feel great afterwards for a little while.
I'm still trying to figure out how much of this is my mind vs. physical symptoms. That may take a while :lol:

Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:50 pm

Hey David, just thought I'd spew out a bunch of muscle-related observations in the hope other people with similar problems will see them,

I think this post and some more research has been leading me slowly in the right direction. I've noticed a lot of muscular oddities being noticed independently by various professionals, which have been adding evidence to what was just a bunch of theories. For example, every chiro and massage therapist has noticed how tense I am and have trouble relaxing muscles. Then recently, a separate therapist noted that I had extremely tightened abdominal muscles and Iliacus was very tense. I also recall get an x-ray of the pelvic region, and the notes on the film mentioned muscle spasms.

I've had back problems for awhile. I can't stand for long periods of time without pain. Standing up for awhile murders my shoulders and lower back, even resulting in lower back numbness. My back muscles oftentimes get tense and hurt at my office job. Sitting, running, standing for long periods of time, and almost any workout all seem to make symptoms get worse. I also get other weird things like a tingling pain down my leg when I lean forward during a flareup, as well as a minor brush burn type pain on my upper thigh sometimes.

Also, my chest muscles commonly feel pulled out of place and hurt if I do certain motions. For instance, one time putting a seatbelt on caused a ton of pain in my left pec, to the point where it hurt to raise my arm.

Anyway, the tl;dr is: tons of weird back/muscle problems over the years, certainly not a coincidence. Some are worse now. Where should I look, given these possibly related symptoms? More deep tissue massage? How do I know if where I'm going is effective?

Huge thanks again

Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:40 pm

I also felt that I always put a lot of pressure on the heel of my left foot. All of my sneakers tend to wear down the same way. The back end of my left shoe looks like its shaved down at and angle on the right side. Severely. I went to try a Dr. Scholls foot station thing at a Walgreens a few years before and it basically supports what I think now in accordance to David88's theory.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:34 am

My original post is MIA so I'll basically give a quick summary on why I think David88's theory is probably the answer for most of those suffering from CPPS.

I've had a ton of tests ( regular bloodwork (3 times) X Ray on torso, CT scan of abdomen, urine tests (3 times), std tests including hiv (2 times) ultrasound of abdomen) done that show no sign of infection anywhere. I saw an osteopath to see I'd it would make a difference and felt immediate relief. It was ridiculous. Almost all of my symptoms ( with the tightness in my lower abdomen still present ) were gone within my first visit. The most notable difference was I was able to walk much better while standing straighter.

Then during the week since the visit I noticed the symptoms slowly coming back. The symptoms came back slowly starting with a little pain on the left side of my back and pain coming from my left butt cheek. It went from there back to where most of my back pain and abdominal numbness was felt: on my right side.

My questions for David88:

What treatment did you choose in treating your foot?

Do you think it's better to see an osteopath again to address this or to a podiatrist?

Thanks for sharing your experience as well.

ADMIN NOTE: This was TOTALLY my fault and I have apologized to the poster. I had approved his original topic about 7:30 AM and when it popped back up again, I checked and I distinctly saw two versions of the post... so I deleted a version. Turns out there was only one version where the poster had made edits and the post was gone... for good. Of all the versions of this board, this is the ONLY version that doesn't have a trash can. I hope we can all learn from this. I will make copies of posts that I delete, "just in case" and I will ask that if you make an edit to a post to please make a little note that I can remove that tells me that there was an edit to the original post. Again, this issue is totally on me and I can't tell you how sorry I am that it happened.
Admin
PS: Happy Fathers Day to all of you!

Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:41 am

I also expect that all of this explains my past medical history. I'm 24. I had gallbladder surgery when I was around 17. For a male at such an age, that is the definition of a medical anomaly. I have to believe part of it has to be related to irritation of nerves related to that area in my body from my spine again through small increments of change due to the sciatic nerve. Especially given how so normal all other areas in my body have appeared.

Theoretically, all of this seems quite plausible to me.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:55 pm

Overpronation is clearly the cause for me. It makes sense that I had the habit of putting my left foot under my right buttcheek. Didn't think much of it when I did it, but it provides temporary relief while making it more comfortable to sit due to my hips being more aligned.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:58 pm

Anyone else have any success with this? I am going to see a chiropractor Thursday to see if he can help. I read where one of you guys had plantar fasciitis. I got that when I was around 20, 21. It was really bad too. Still messed up, but I don't get the pain anymore, just doesn't look or feel like the other foot. Funny thing is I have chronic prostititus or pelvic pain. I get the pain in the root of my dick. It also seems like it have shrunk a bit and I don't get as hard erections as I once did. I also have thicker oozing ejaculation rather than the bazooka blast I would get a year or so ago. Sometimes I also get a numb tingling pain in my lower hips circling where my butt meets my thighs. It doesn't hurt, just feels odd. I haven't had any bacteria show up in my urine. At one point I did have trouble starting flow, but that seems to be gone. When the pain comes, I noticed sometimes I have to pee rather quickly right after I peed. Sorry for rambling all over the place. Anyone else have similar issues and had success with the sacral stuff?

Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:15 pm

Hey guys. So after reading David's post, I felt really enlightened. It changed my perspective to what could be going on in my body. I booked assessments with a pelvic floor therapist and a chiropractor. My pelvic floor therapist says that my pelvis seems aligned fine. She noted that my abdominal muscles and pelvic floor muscles are very tight and definitely cutting off proper circulation in my body. My chiropractor assessed me today. He noted tightness in my hamstring muscles, improper movement of my tail bone and my left leg being slightly longer than my right. None of them noted Sacro Iliac joint dysfunction though. I'm going to keep seeing my chiro for lower lumbar adjustments and my physio for pelvic muscle tissue work. I'm hoping this is the right direction for me. If not, I have an appointment with a neurologist that specializes in the pudendal nerve. I'm thinking all he's gonna do is injections though which doesn't really solve anything, just put it off. Fingers crossed though. Hope everyone else is getting better.

Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:09 pm

This is all highly unlikely.

Most men with CPPS have no back or foot problems.

The vast majority of men with back and foot problems do not have CPPS.

Use Occam's Razor, peeps.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:39 pm

Jeremy wrote:

Actually, Back pain is a fairly common symptom in prostatitis sufferers. Foot problems maybe not, although I do have leg and foot pains.

I'm open for debate to this topic whenever because it's not like the medical community has any better understanding either. However, if you're going to come in and try and disprove something, I suggest elaborating.

The bio mechanical theory is very likely in my perspective. I for one show symptoms of pudendal nerve entrapment. Men with prostatitis seem to get worse when they become active on a regular basis. Why would the prostate act up from running 5k or playing a game of basketball? It doesn't, the pudendal nerve gets stretched and that's a huge no when it's entrapped or inflamed.

It's my honest belief that men here either have an infection that is very stubborn or a mechanical problem.

Mechanical problems can be caused by trauma, birth defect, over use injuries, etc.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:26 pm

Quote:
Actually, Back pain is a fairly common symptom in prostatitis sufferers.

It's also a fairly common symptom in the general population. ;)

Quote:
Men with prostatitis seem to get worse when they become active on a regular basis. Why would the prostate act up from running 5k or playing a game of basketball?

That's easy. If the pelvic muscles are full of trigger points, exercise will cause pain.

Quote:
It's my honest belief that men here either have an infection that is very stubborn or a mechanical problem.

It appears to be a muscle-nerve problem, overlaid with psychological aspects in many cases ... according to recent research.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:02 pm

I just got my first chiropractic treatment and wow! May not be cured but I definitely feel something magic. He said my hips we're vey tight and sacral joint area was inflamed and tender. First I got the electronic pulse treatment for 15 minutes and then he popped my hips. It popped all the way up my back and I instantly felt better when I stood up. I've only had one treatment so it's too soon to tell, but I think we are on to something here.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:33 pm

Has anyone in the muscular/joint realm ever had bacteria present in any of their cultures? I tried a chiropractor a few times with little success. Once upon a time I thought this is what I had because it all started after an abdominal injury.(I thought maybe it has upset a balance throughout my pelvis). I'm not sure whether the infection is causing muscular skeletal or nerve issues, or if these issues are causing it and the bacteria is either just there or something else entirely?

Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:19 am

There is an ailment called reactive arthritis.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:45 pm

Jeremy wrote:

The fact is we don't know exactly what causes most people's CPPS just that it's not bacterial. What David88 is doing is just sharing his knowledge and experience and what was his specific cause trying to help others from misdiagnosis and years of pain and painstaking research that he himself went through. It's very noble and I've learned a lot reading his posts. It all makes perfect sense when you do your research which I would suggest before posting again. It may very well be the cause of my problems, only time will tell. I would politely ask not you to shoot down peoples suggestions just because you feel like being skeptical... I would hate for someone to read what you're writing and be directed away from information that could help him/her.

On another note I'd really like to take the time to appreciate what David88 has done. I personally believe that this is the cause of my pain but if not I'm sure it will reach the people that it needs to. You're a pioneer taking it upon yourself to figure out this debilitating condition that modern day medicine seems to be writing off as psychological and lazily writing prescriptions to deal with symptoms instead of fixing the cause.

Thank you for spending you're time analyzing what exactly was going on in your case so that the people after you won't have to spend so much of there's. Looking forward to hearing from you again David and hope you're still on the path to being 100% again.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:04 pm

Guys,

I just want to stress that an important step for me in deciding what to do was to begin to see the issue as a 'nerve stimulation' problem.

After all, NERVES control MUSCLES.

Whilst my Prostatitis did go away from Chiropractic treatment, the twist in my spine and muscle tension was still there.

Why did I constantly go out of alignment? My Osteo and Chiropractor were sure that with enough treatments that I would have a straight spine.

And here is the crucial missing detail.

I was constantly going out because of nerve compression in my foot. Bone spurs/Arthritis was rubbing and stretching the nerves in my foot with every step. No one believed this nerve compression could cause my back problem but I knew it was the cause as all symptoms changed with treatment for my foot.

These nerve pathways up the body are well known in Chinese Medicine and Reflexology but you won't hear it from Chiropractors or Osteopaths and CERTAINLY not in mainline medicine.

So you can see that a single enlarged joint in my body could throw all my biomechanics out of alignment…and it had a nerve origin.

If you can find an area where you think you might have some nerve compression (arthritis, surgery scars, etc) then it could be the cause of all your problems. Nerves send different voltages to muscles in order to get them to tense. Now if that nerve is being irritated it will be sending out a HIGHER voltage to the muscles it controls. This can lead to constant tension in the muscle. It NEVER get to totally relax. This leads the muscle to get very tight and can lead it to compress other nerves.

A lot of people do recover from Spinal Manipulation and Massage so I don't want to put you off but if your problem keeps coming back then really check your injury history and all your joints.

I also recommended buying and studying the iPhone App 'Visible Body - Human Body Atlas'.

This helps you study the nerves as they move through your body and where they go.

Good luck

Last edited by David88 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next