Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 What worked in the past... 

Post What worked in the past...
In the past when I was diagnosed with Prostatitis I took cipro for two months and it just wasnt working, so doc gave me methylpresdelone along with the cipro for 7 days, and I was cured...

The last time I had it, first took cipro for a while and nothing, then took Leviquin for a long while agian and still nothing, then doc prescribed doxy and immediately I was cured, but no sex drive and took months to get back to normal sexually (but no prostate issues)...

Now having it again, I have been on cipro, doxy, and now i'm on moxycicline for one month, i though it was starting to work two weeks into the moxi when i started taking prostaQ, I was so happy i went out and drank and smoked cigs. BAD idea, now its back, still on moxi and ProstaQ but still in pain too, the only thing helping is the 3 percocets a day I take... So where should I go from here? I heard Flagyl works for some people, I might try that next.... Oh, and I dont need flomax or any of that as I pee normally, and prostate is NOT enlarged, just in pain.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:41 pm

Post Re: What worked in the past...
I should prob add that all the prostatitis issures started two days after intercourse, oral or vaginal. I think I prob added to the prob this time by starting on some leftover cipro when I noticed the initial symptoms cause I took two weeks worth and thought I was better, so I ceased taking cipro. Two days later symptoms returned, only this time it was cipro resistant thanks to my stupid mistake of ceasing cipro only after two weeks.

Also did the few weeks worth of the broccoli broth. That stuff will cure any impotence but not prostatitis unfortunately. I have an appointment with a new uro in two weeks, hopefully he will have a better luck curing this horrible condition.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:26 pm

No you don't need Flomax as if you pee fine and your steam is pretty or even very strong that is not going to do anything for prostatitis.You might of had an acute type of prostatitis so when you took the meds and prosta q you thought you were cured but since it can back you see that you were dancing in the streets and feeling great was just a short break from this.All you can do is hope it goes away and stays away as mine has been with me for over 4 years and there is no cure.One about about the antiboitics too much for too long is very harmful.

Best of luck.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Also, I sit down all day at work then sit down after work at night classes, standing up can bring temporary relief. This sucks! Hot baths only masks the pain while in the tub. When I leave the dr office after a DRE, the next day feels like about 90% cured, but the pain then eacalates soon after.So that tells me to massage the prostate daily, so I tried that but it's not the same, guess Im not able to reach spots the dr can. So frustrating. This is a full year dealing with this current bout of prostatitis.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:08 pm

Hi,i hear you frustration and know it's a real pain not to be able to live your life like you want to and have to have something debilitating causing that.As far as the Dre and a massge to keep the feeling of feeling better you might want to get a prostate massager that vibrates as you can just relax and let the device massage the prostate without having to feel uncomfortable trying to do it yourself.Also it is good to stimulate the prostate and helps keeeps your sexual feelings alive as that for us is our main physical sex organ. You can look on line as i did and get one that suits you.

Good luck

Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:25 am

To crownline78
Here is another patient testimony about prostate massage:

A cystoscopy showed no abnormalities. Prostate massages and the introduction of a frozen water bottle (covered by a sock to prevent frost bite) constantly applied in the groin area were the only thing that gave any relief.
We did prostate massages twice a day in the beginning but for the past several years have been only doing it once a day. My Urologist now says prostate is normal in size and consistency. The symptoms are about 85 percent better and I am now optimistic that my symptoms may soon completely disappear[/i][/b]

Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:12 pm

...update...

The day I ran out of Moxi is when I started my week vaca off work. I was still in pain when I ran out, but only two days later I was feeling 90% better and not being on antibiotics. Not sure if an issue is due to stress or sitting down all day, or both. While I was on my lazy week vacation I stayed horizontal pretty much the whole time. After about 10 days of feeling cured and weening myself off pain meds, I got strepp throat!!!! I had doxy laying around, so I took to fight off strepp, it worked but Prostatitis returned after my second pill of doxy! Was it the Doxy or a strained imune system that brought the Prostatitis back? who knows? Started back on the Percocets today and have 30 Avelox's so I might start another course, but im just so sick of antibiotics now. Oh, when i thought I was cured on my week off, I renewed my gym membership, damm the luck!!!! Its been over a year since ive lifted a weight.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:08 pm

semen culture came back positive for E. coli!!!! Finally, the culprit. As soon as I finish my last day of Flagyl I will start the Amox-Clav 875mg to combat this e coli infection... After over a year, finally a little light at the end of the tunnell... I will follow up it the amox-clav worked.... the flagyl didnt didnt do crap to help my prostate but did fix my gut that the avelox messed up...

...with the above said, the DR said the E.coli shows a high resistance pattern... :(

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:37 pm

How does one get e.coli? Is it something you ate or drank? And have you had it for a year now? That sounds kind of scary. Hopefully you'll be able to kill it with some medicine.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:56 pm

Post urinary tract infections in women are derived from e coli. I probly got it from having sexual intercourse with someone with a uti. And unfortunately for me it's highly resistance to our current antibiotics.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Took the amox-clav and flaygl together, result was pain was not as severe. This leads me to believe that there is two infections. Stopped percocets and switched to butran patches, they work great. Forgot I had prostatitis. This went on for a month or so untilled I let my gf give me oral sex; 12 hours later severe prostate pain returns and the patches aren't working now... going to try a 2g dose of flaygl to see if it has any affect on the severe pain. If does, I will treat gf the same. Already had her take amox-clav when I did. No oral and only protected sex with gf untilled this incident.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:02 pm

Crownline79 wrote:
Took the amox-clav and flaygl together, result was pain was not as severe. This leads me to believe that there is two infections. Stopped percocets and switched to butran patches, they work great. Forgot I had prostatitis. This went on for a month or so untilled I let my gf give me oral sex; 12 hours later severe prostate pain returns and the patches aren't working now... going to try a 2g dose of flaygl to see if it has any affect on the severe pain. If does, I will treat gf the same. Already had her take amox-clav when I did. No oral and only protected sex with gf untilled this incident.

Any Update ?/

Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]