Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 At least finding this site, I now know I am not alone. 

Post At least finding this site, I now know I am not alone.
Ok, firstly I cannot tell you how much I need to talk with other men who are suffering from this awful depressing condition.

This is my second bout;
I first had this twenty years ago and was on antibiotics for three months. My doctor told me I was cured but even after that I still suffered mild testicular pain and burning at the tip of my penis on and off and just put up with it.

Then during November last year, I experienced awful burning/itching at the tip of my penis that would not go away, my doctor said I had thrush and gave me creams. At the same time I felt a lump in my bottom and thought I had a pile but pile cream had no effect.
I returned to my doctors in January this year and was then given an examination and diagnosed as having prostatitis.

I have been on antibiotics for 3 weeks and to be honest not much better, the aching between my legs and testicles has got slightly better but the head of my penis is very sensitive and I believe I may have made matters worse by using thrush cream.

Walking is very uncomfortable both with pain in my buttocks, between my legs and my penis is so sensitive.
Does anyone else suffer with a very sensitive penis head, the tip and rim around the head is so sensitive I cannot stand my clothing to touch it but on examination it looks normal.

I have to say this is almost exactly how I was twenty years ago and now feel I was never cured and for some reason it has flared up and making my life miserable.

I would very much welcome any advice as what to do to help relieve my symptoms.

Peter

Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:20 pm

Post Re: At least finding this site, I now know I am not alone.
Hi Peter,
I am very sorry to hear about how miserable you have been feeling with pain and discomfort and i can share my own personal experience with you and those who read this.
I have been suffering with chronic prostatitis for over 4 years now so i totally ubderstand how you feel.I have many days of pain and feeling like itching at the tip of my penis.I also had to stop working because of the inability of sitting long hours with pain and feeling swollen in my prostate and testicles and frequency with urination that would keep me up a part of the night.
First of all there is no cure for this condition so giving antibiotics is just treating the symptoms and that's really it unless you do have bacteria/fungus and then it helps but only for a short time as seems to never completly go away.
Sorry to same with this late date in time there is no real answer for this just giving patients meds to try and cope with your pain,discomfort and horrible way of living.

Gary

Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:57 pm

Thanks Gary,

Looking back over my life I now believe I have been suffering with prostatitis all my adult life but never realized. :(

When in my late thirties I was diagnosed as having prostatitis and was on antibiotics for three months and at the end of this was told I was cured.
However, I then suffered for years with mild testicle pain, groin and back pain, burning at the tip of my penis and I would sometimes visit my gp and he would be puzzled as to why I suffered this pain and just prescribed pain killers and cream.

Now I am ill again with very bad prostatitis the pain being much worse than I have had previously and I know for certain all those years of pain was prostatitis, I just wish someone had properly diagnosed my problem instead of dishing out painkillers.

I am early retired so do not have the stress of having to go out to work but I do get depressed that just doing simple things around my garden is very uncomfortable and I feel trapped in my own home as walking is difficult.

I do sympathise with you Gary and I understand how difficult it must have been trying to hold down a job, the swelling in your prostate would be hard to deal with, I suppose I have been lucky as until recently I did not suffer swelling but now feel I have a small ball inside my bottom.

All the best, Peter.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:58 am

"Burning at the tip of my penis" is such a common complaint it may be the most common symptom

Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:45 pm

I am now at the end of my of antibiotics and not feeling much better than before I went on them, however my gp is now refering me to a uroligst and I really do hope he will be able to help me.
The penis discormfort for me is the worst part as before I was diagnosed as having prostate, I was given hydrocortisone ointment that I used liberally. The ointment had an adverse affect on the skin (thinning) so adds to my discomfort. :(

Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]