Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:50 pm



Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next
 An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS - Update! 
Author Message

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:45 am
Posts: 37
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
how do i ask for ur email?


Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:08 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:15 pm
Posts: 98
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Okay, time for another update.

Things are still slowly getting better. It has denfinantly been two steps forward one step back. I've been seeing the Chiro for three week and been doing my CPPS physical therapy (14 weeks). I have also been utilizing baby powder to help with the penis tip irritation. Pain at tip of penis is generally about a 1-2 with times at 0. No other symptoms, no golf ball in the butt, no urination issues, no pain in the groin. Just the ocassional feeling of uretheritis.

As my symptoms started within days of unprotected sex, my theory is that the woman I was with had some type of bacterial infection (non-std related) maybe even yeast. This caused skin irritation that does not occur in most. Maybe I am simply genetically dispositioned. Hence causing a chain reaction. I do alot of travel for my profession, both air and land. In turn triggering my body to react with muscle tension and an already proven (x-rays) tilted pelvis.

The Chiro and PT is helping. My thoughts are that if you are suffering from symptoms that are Prostatitis related that you look into David88's theory. It is non-ivasive and is covered by most insurance.

There has been alot of research done on muscle and nerve related issues when it comes to Prostatitis, CPPS, and Pudendal Nerve Entrapment. There is a reason for this, infection is rarely the reason but may have been the trigger.. What I feel is unfortunante for most suffers (myself included) is that we want a quick fix. For example injections or a pill (antibiotics or supplements).

For most of us on this forum there is no quick fix. Thank you David88 for your time and continued support. I'll do my best to keep you all abreast of my progress and/or status.

-Richard1969


Wed May 01, 2013 7:47 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
My personal theory is that its related to recent sex because it involves pelvic thrusting. This irritates the sacro-illiac joints and clenches already over tight muscles.

Be sure to include deep tissue muscle work in your treatment.

I'm finding Tui Na to be almost superior alone than manipulation. You need to get tight, fused muscles to release to get permanent straight alignment.


Thu May 02, 2013 12:42 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:15 pm
Posts: 98
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Okay, time for another update. At this time I've been in CPPS physical therapy for 18 weeks and seeing a chiropractor weekly. I'm still taking a low dose of Amitriptyline (30mgs) daily with B12, quercetin, and fish oil 3. My pain, when I have it is between a 0-2. I go days now with no symptoms. The two symptoms that remain are irritation at tip of penis and pain in the coccyx. The redness at the tip of the penis is slowly vanishing.

Specialist believes that it is due to an irritated pudendal nerve. I'll be having a pudendal nerve injection on June 11th. What still amazes me is that some suffers refuse to believe that these symptoms can be non-bacterial related. I've seen posts that state, "come on guys it's 2013". I agree it's 2013, there are many reasons for prostatitis, CPPS, and pudendal neurolgia. I truly believe that there are suffers that have bacterial prostatitis. However, this is not the only cause. To me it's like saying the only way of getting cancer is if you smoke.

If a person has had multiple tests for bacteria: for example, urinalysis, blood, prostate culture, and semen tests and still no sign of infection it may be time to look at other methods of treatment.


Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:46 pm
Posts: 345
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
I think its great that you are trying new thing please keep us posted on the prudential nerve theory. What the link between red tip and prudential nerve?

Shaky


Thu May 23, 2013 3:55 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Richard1969 wrote:
Okay, time for another update. At this time I've been in CPPS physical therapy for 18 weeks and seeing a chiropractor weekly. I'm still taking a low dose of Amitriptyline (30mgs) daily with B12, quercetin, and fish oil 3. My pain, when I have it is between a 0-2. I go days now with no symptoms. The two symptoms that remain are irritation at tip of penis and pain in the coccyx. The redness at the tip of the penis is slowly vanishing.

Specialist believes that it is due to an irritated pudendal nerve. I'll be having a pudendal nerve injection on June 11th. What still amazes me is that some suffers refuse to believe that these symptoms can be non-bacterial related. I've seen posts that state, "come on guys it's 2013". I agree it's 2013, there are many reasons for prostatitis, CPPS, and pudendal neurolgia. I truly believe that there are suffers that have bacterial prostatitis. However, this is not the only cause. To me it's like saying the only way of getting cancer is if you smoke.

If a person has had multiple tests for bacteria: for example, urinalysis, blood, prostate culture, and semen tests and still no sign of infection it may be time to look at other methods of treatment.


Is the Chiro treating you for Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction? Would think that's causing your coccyx pain. As your pelvis straightens, the pelvic muscles should relax and release the pudendal nerve which should stop the penis pain.

Good luck and well done for soldiering on. It's hell i know but it's the only way to get better.


Thu May 23, 2013 5:38 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:15 pm
Posts: 98
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Shaky-

Great question. My understanding is that the pudendal nerve which branches out into three fingers, one being that travels from the S2-4 joints at the base of the spine past the prostate and up through the urethra to the tip of the penis sends mixed signals to the brain telling the brain that something is not working correctly. The brain in turn sends out its army to protect the body. Much like your fingers turning blue when they get cold or have a pinched nerve. Similar to carpool tunnel syndrome. It's how the body was built. Nerves, muscles, bones, blood vessels all working together like a symphony. As anyone who has been to a music concert knows, if one of the instruments in a band is out of tune the whole piece sounds like sh*t. I think David88 may be able to do a better job of explaining.

I will share that your Dr. Nichols has published on this topic. However, he most likely will not prescribe this treatment until a patient has exhausted the physical therapy approach first. And then he will most likely require a patient to continue physical therapy after the injection process has been started. I state this because he has co-published with the specialist I have been seeing.

The physical therapy can be a little painful at first. Not to mention how humbling and slightly embarrassing. Not a bad trade off when you've been dealing with pain for awhile. I'm writing this completely symptom free today. I bought a device know as the crystal wand and do self-applied therapy between visits with my therapist.

Let me know if you have anymore questions or reach out to David88.

I only have one request from this forum.....if you don't believe in this method that's ok. Just please don't attack me with questions of doubt. As I will not respond to attacking or personally offensive questions. My only goal of posting my progress is to share what has been working for me and provide an alternative approach when multiple tests have produced no sign of infection.

With that being said I will also mention that I went through a very extensive process of ruling out infection. I had the following: urinalysis 10 times in total, blood tests 3 times in total, prostate excretion 2 times in total, and 1 semen analysis. I had 2 cystoscopy's performed (not that bad, more anxiety than anything) and a full TRUS of my prostate, seminal vesicles, and ejaculatory ducts. If I have an infection it is the most evasive of all mother infections.

Best of luck.


Thu May 23, 2013 5:44 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:15 pm
Posts: 98
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Hi David88-

Yes, I am being treated by the Chiro for a twisted pelvis. I utilized the question list you provided when interviewing different chiropractors. I've also been very through on keeping all medical personnel aware of the Multi-latitudinal approach. This consists of: my urologist, my physical therapist, my chiropractor, and my general physician.

My pain in the penis in only a smidgen of what it use to be. And often unoticable. My urologist, who is ranked in the top 5 urologists in the USA was very straight forward with me from the begining. He suggested the injection to the pudendal nerve simply because it may be what's needed to speed up the healing process of the potential damage to my pudendal nerve. He encouraged me to continue with the chiropractor and physical therapist for the same reason you stated in a prior post, "if the pelvis is not in alignment, than there is potential to only see temporary relief or a reoccurrence".

Again, I thank you for sharing your journey. I hope that what you've shared and what I've shared will help other suffers today and in the future.

One thing that I want to express to others on this forum is to pay close attention to how fellow members share there successes and failures. As Albert Einstein stated, "if one can not explain it simply, they do not understand it themselves". Be mindful of the responses that don't answer a question but respond with an attack. In the world of politics and business this is referred to as "mudslinging". It's an easy way to not answer a question and put your opponent on the defense without never actually having to explain yourself.


Thu May 23, 2013 8:25 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Richard1969 wrote:
Hi David88-

Yes, I am being treated by the Chiro for a twisted pelvis. I utilized the question list you provided when interviewing different chiropractors. I've also been very through on keeping all medical personnel aware of the Multi-latitudinal approach. This consists of: my urologist, my physical therapist, my chiropractor, and my general physician.

My pain in the penis in only a smidgen of what it use to be. And often unoticable. My urologist, who is ranked in the top 5 urologists in the USA was very straight forward with me from the begining. He suggested the injection to the pudendal nerve simply because it may be what's needed to speed up the healing process of the potential damage to my pudendal nerve. He encouraged me to continue with the chiropractor and physical therapist for the same reason you stated in a prior post, "if the pelvis is not in alignment, than there is potential to only see temporary relief or a reoccurrence".

Again, I thank you for sharing your journey. I hope that what you've shared and what I've shared will help other suffers today and in the future.

One thing that I want to express to others on this forum is to pay close attention to how fellow members share there successes and failures. As Albert Einstein stated, "if one can not explain it simply, they do not understand it themselves". Be mindful of the responses that don't answer a question but respond with an attack. In the world of politics and business this is referred to as "mudslinging". It's an easy way to not answer a question and put your opponent on the defense without never actually having to explain yourself.



Absolutely agree with you.


Fri May 24, 2013 5:39 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
I've learned some more about my own particular spinal issue.

As well as a lower back trauma I damaged the catilage in my toe playing rugby as a boy. I also damaged ankle ligaments in my twenties.

Both these injuries have had an impact on the angle and weight I put through my left foot. This imbalance then feeds up into my left hip and affects the pelvic alignment and sacroiliac joints.

As my posture is now thrown forward the pelvic muscles above my penis have gone into traction to help stabilise my pelvis as I walk. This then pinches the nerves to my penis causing pain.

This just shows how incredibly complicated the issue is and how every part of your body needs to be looked at for prior trauma/injury.


Fri May 31, 2013 2:03 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:32 pm
Posts: 132
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Richard1969 wrote:
Hi David88-

Yes, I am being treated by the Chiro for a twisted pelvis. I utilized the question list you provided when interviewing different chiropractors. I've also been very through on keeping all medical personnel aware of the Multi-latitudinal approach. This consists of: my urologist, my physical therapist, my chiropractor, and my general physician.

My pain in the penis in only a smidgen of what it use to be. And often unoticable. My urologist, who is ranked in the top 5 urologists in the USA was very straight forward with me from the begining. He suggested the injection to the pudendal nerve simply because it may be what's needed to speed up the healing process of the potential damage to my pudendal nerve. He encouraged me to continue with the chiropractor and physical therapist for the same reason you stated in a prior post, "if the pelvis is not in alignment, than there is potential to only see temporary relief or a reoccurrence".

Again, I thank you for sharing your journey. I hope that what you've shared and what I've shared will help other suffers today and in the future.

One thing that I want to express to others on this forum is to pay close attention to how fellow members share there successes and failures. As Albert Einstein stated, "if one can not explain it simply, they do not understand it themselves". Be mindful of the responses that don't answer a question but respond with an attack. In the world of politics and business this is referred to as "mudslinging". It's an easy way to not answer a question and put your opponent on the defense without never actually having to explain yourself.


richard,

are you located by any chance in nyc? i tried a pt who did various pressure on different points in my rear. i was unable to get any relief. i am willing to try again but feel overwhelmed on figuring out the process.


Fri May 31, 2013 8:34 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
My advice to you would be as follows.

1. Find a good Tui Na massage therapist. Make sure they are qualified and do hands on work (not just Acupuncture). This stage should probably be twice a week and may last from 1 to 3 months.

They should then go through the body from feet to head checking for tight, knotted muscles and any scar tissue. Once all the muscles have been suitably prepared move to stage 2

2. EITHER have manipulation with the Tui Na specialist OR visit an experienced Classical Osteopath to realign the spine. Continue Massage between treatments.


Fri May 31, 2013 8:52 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:15 pm
Posts: 98
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Hello Robert-

I am not in NY. I found my physical therapist through the Cleveland Clinic. I'm in Michigan. Try searching on the pudendal hope website. How long did you do your physical therapy? I've been doing mine for 18 weeks. I also see a chiropractor who showed me via X-rays That my pelvis is tilted 13mm on one side. In addition to this I purchased a tool called the crystal wand and utilize that in between my PT sessions. I highly recommend you purchase and use. Since I started using it my progress has sped up rapidly. I think I'm almost to the end of it. :D

I can ask my PT if she knows of anyone in the NYC area.


Fri May 31, 2013 9:03 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:32 pm
Posts: 132
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Richard1969 wrote:
Hello Robert-

I am not in NY. I found my physical therapist through the Cleveland Clinic. I'm in Michigan. Try searching on the pudendal hope website. How long did you do your physical therapy? I've been doing mine for 18 weeks. I also see a chiropractor who showed me via X-rays That my pelvis is tilted 13mm on one side. In addition to this I purchased a tool called the crystal wand and utilize that in between my PT sessions. I highly recommend you purchase and use. Since I started using it my progress has sped up rapidly. I think I'm almost to the end of it. :D

I can ask my PT if she knows of anyone in the NYC area.



thank you . hopefully she will know someone. is the pt similar to what a mentioned that they did? i have multiple herniations for years in my spine and have always been told be chareful of chiros.


Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:43 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
I've got some more info on how my condition developed. Might help you guys to figure out your own problems.

In teenage life I damaged my lower back, left ankle and a toe in my left foot.

The damage to the left foot seemed insignificant but years of walking and sports exposed a lack of balance between the left and right side of my body.

Weaknesses in the left foot led it to over pronate and roll over. This initially stressed the ankle joint and the illiotic band on my left leg. That then led to a knee cap problem. That in turn led to a problem in my hips on the left side as the muscles struggled to compensate for the unstable left foot.

The tension in the hip muscle rolled the pelvis forward which then engaged the lower pelvic muscles which in turn pinched nerves to my penis, bladder, anus, etc.

This shows how a biomechanical fault spreads and ends up causing Prostatitis.

I very much recommend you buy an Ipad/Iphone App called 'Visible Body'. This shows you all the muscles in the body.


Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:49 am
Profile

Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 2:53 pm
Posts: 340
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
David88,

What were your original symptoms and where are you at with them now? I have the following symptoms:

Minor burning when urinating
Bladder discomfort/pain occasionally
perineum pain/discomfort
testicle discomfort
back pain
muscle pain in the lower butt


Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:28 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Evilpog wrote:
David88,

What were your original symptoms and where are you at with them now? I have the following symptoms:

Minor burning when urinating
Bladder discomfort/pain occasionally
perineum pain/discomfort
testicle discomfort
back pain
muscle pain in the lower butt


You need to read through this thread. I wrote it for people like you.


Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:30 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
The more I'm learning about this issue, the more the Gluteus Medius is coming up as a crucial part of pelvic pain.

It plays a vital role in stabilising the pelvis when we walk and can easily become over burdened by other bio-mechanical problems. A Sacro-iliac injury will put the muscle into guarding mode too as it attempts to stop the joint from moving. Long term tension in this muscle creates a wave of problems from your feet to your head as other higher back muscles attempt to take up the slack off the Gluteus Medius.

Next time you are all seeing your physios. Get them to check the Gluteus Medius for muscle scar tissue. It needs to be massaged out so that the muscle can regain it's length and healthy tone. Once the muscle is strong again, the other muscles won't have to do it's job and will likely relax too.

A foam roller may also help remove scar tissue and help the muscle relax

Very important muscle and possibly an underlying cause of lot's of other dysfunctions!


Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:50 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:50 pm
Posts: 26
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Thanks David88 for all of your help!


Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:07 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Getting to the real heart of the issue now.

A huge amount of muscle scar tissue in my left glute muscles. This formed in reaction to the injury I had at 13.

It's steadily built up over the years as I've compensated using my lower back muscles.

It's impossible to regain correct pelvic muscle imbalance without removing this scar tissue. No amount of exercise or manipulation would have ever got me back to normal.

It sure helped stop the Prostatitis but regaining a straight spine is the goal.

Glute muscles are the cornerstone of a healthy spine and pelvis.

I'd recommend you find someone who is going to check your bodies for fascia scar tissue. As I said earlier, I've found high level Tui Na to help.

Strong glutes = Relaxed Iliospoas muscles = Straight pelvis


Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:22 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:15 pm
Posts: 98
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Okay, time for another update. I had my first, pudendal nerve injection on 06/11/2013. There will be a series of three spaced 5-6 weeks apart. I have noticed a significant reduction in my symptoms. There was actually a full week that I felt normal. It was strange because it has been a full year since I was normal.

My follow up with my Urologist was on 06/24/2013. He did another DRE and stated he could notice significant improvement in the reduction of tension in my pelvic muscles. He also stated that I have been having a more positive reaction to the first injection than most of his patients.

I'm taking gabapentin and still taking the amitriptyline. I'm also still going to physical therapy and seeing a chiroprator. I sincerely finally feel like I know what has been wrong with me......pudendal neurolgia. I know that stress is a main trigger for me. Some people when they have stress they grind their teeth, clinch their fists, or tense up their shoulder and neck muscles. I on the other hand tense up my pelvic muscles causing strain on my pudendal nerve.

I'll do my best to keep you all informed. Also remember that being diagnosed with prostatitis doesn't always mean that your ailment has anything to do with your prostate. Prostatitis is an extremely over used diagnosis that really should stop being used.

My suggestion to anyone seeing a Urologist is to ask them if they are aware of CPPS, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Pudendal Neuralgia, or twisted/tilted pelvis. If they don't, you may want to seek out another urologist. I believe that many urologists are unaware of the different ailments that create what has been labeled as prostatitis.

-Richard1969


Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:28 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Richard1969 wrote:
Okay, time for another update. I had my first, pudendal nerve injection on 06/11/2013. There will be a series of three spaced 5-6 weeks apart. I have noticed a significant reduction in my symptoms. There was actually a full week that I felt normal. It was strange because it has been a full year since I was normal.

My follow up with my Urologist was on 06/24/2013. He did another DRE and stated he could notice significant improvement in the reduction of tension in my pelvic muscles. He also stated that I have been having a more positive reaction to the first injection than most of his patients.

I'm taking gabapentin and still taking the amitriptyline. I'm also still going to physical therapy and seeing a chiroprator. I sincerely finally feel like I know what has been wrong with me......pudendal neurolgia. I know that stress is a main trigger for me. Some people when they have stress they grind their teeth, clinch their fists, or tense up their shoulder and neck muscles. I on the other hand tense up my pelvic muscles causing strain on my pudendal nerve.

I'll do my best to keep you all informed. Also remember that being diagnosed with prostatitis doesn't always mean that your ailment has anything to do with your prostate. Prostatitis is an extremely over used diagnosis that really should stop being used.

My suggestion to anyone seeing a Urologist is to ask them if they are aware of CPPS, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Pudendal Neuralgia, or twisted/tilted pelvis. If they don't, you may want to seek out another urologist. I believe that many urologists are unaware of the different ailments that create what has been labeled as prostatitis.

-Richard1969



Good to hear Rich

Urologists don't study muscles in any depth so can't understand pelvic pain being caused by them.


Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:52 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Finally had my Gluteus Medius Muscle relax after years and years of tension.

It's made my whole spine go straight!

Amazing how one muscle can disable the whole body.


Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:33 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:46 pm
Posts: 345
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Hio David how do you explain de boggy prostate and inflamation when your diagnose with cpps...

Thanks


Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:21 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:45 pm
Posts: 122
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Boggy prostate and inflammation are signs of infection! Also if you semen is different or you have a odor all signs of infections . Read Dr. Polacheck's writings he explains it very well . Good Luck !
Peace And Light!


Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:44 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.