Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:42 am



Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
 An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS - Update! 
Author Message

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
If you're legs are different lengths then your pelvis will be twisted.


Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:04 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Guys, very much recommend you buy 'Visible body' app on the iPhone. Both the cheap and expensive versions are great. It gives you a 3D model of the bodies skeleton and muscles to explore.

This is brilliant way of seeing which muscles relate to the area you are having pain. You also get an explanation of what job they do.

I think the expensive version also includes nerves and organs. Even better.


Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:20 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
mmagot wrote:
David88 can you private message me or email me at xxventanaxx@comcast.net please I would like to possibly Skype you or call you and ask some questions please


Hi,

I understand your thinking. Please can we try to discuss it first on this forum. I think it will be extremely useful for other members to have reference to our questions and answers. I'm hoping this thread will be a growing resource to help anyone who has this problem.

If you feel you don't have the information you need after some back and forth I will be happy to speak to you by phone.


Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:18 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Steve wrote:
Hi David,

Went to see osteopath today - Not classically trained - there don't seem to be any of those up here. The osteo checked my hips and back and thought they looked fine. No twisting. Said my right leg was very slightly shorter than my left . (Millimeteres) I was disappointed! Was thinking it would be just as easy to see the guys you saw in London. Its only 4 hours on the train. What do you think?

Cheers
Steve


I went to a non-classically trained Osteopath and they said I was normal too. Many of them are more physios than Osteopaths.

My advice would be to keep trying to find a classically trained Osteopath.

If your legs are different lengths then your pelvis will be twisted.

It's worth persevering to rule this out


Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:09 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
I'd also recommend massage into the deep muscles surrounding the pelvis.

This won't be your average masseur but someone with a advanced skill and knowledge of the bodies muscular skeletal system.

I've started something called Tui Na.

I'll let you know how it goes!


Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:20 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Just to say I will be signing off in about a week. Need a long break from obsessing on this subject.

If anyone has any more questions, please get them in now.

I have had one member get checked out and he is already having some big changes which is promising.

Hopefully this thread will grow and members will help each other by spreading their recovery stories.


Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:59 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:50 pm
Posts: 26
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
David88, thanks for all of the info. For years, I've had burning in the back of my thighs, butt, penis, and trouble getting and maintaining erections. I've had quite a few tests, X-rays, MRIs, etc, and none of them found anything wrong. Now I'm really thinking I may have problems with my Sacroiliac joint or Pudendal nerve. However, now I'm really confused. Who do I go see? A chiropractor, osteopath, or a neurologist? I haven't worked in years, I'm on disability, and Medicare only pays so much. I'm nervous that many tests will be involved, however, I'll do what I have to to fully heal. Any suggestions on who I should go see and any idea what kind of tests are involved? Thanks again!


Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:09 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
RiseAbove wrote:
David88, thanks for all of the info. For years, I've had burning in the back of my thighs, butt, penis, and trouble getting and maintaining erections. I've had quite a few tests, X-rays, MRIs, etc, and none of them found anything wrong. Now I'm really thinking I may have problems with my Sacroiliac joint or Pudendal nerve. However, now I'm really confused. Who do I go see? A chiropractor, osteopath, or a neurologist? I haven't worked in years, I'm on disability, and Medicare only pays so much. I'm nervous that many tests will be involved, however, I'll do what I have to to fully heal. Any suggestions on who I should go see and any idea what kind of tests are involved? Thanks again!


Dear Rise Above,

Sorry to hear of all your troubles. I can certainly relate to them. I spent a year basically lying on the floor and missed work for two years. I understand your frustration, fears and weariness.

I can't specifically tell you to see a certain type of practioner because while each one has the ability to fix the problem, it's the quality and knowledge of the individual themselves who determines the success of treatment.

Finding an excellent practitioner is very difficult. How many dodgy builders are there for every good one?

You are going to have to go on a journey.

Having said that, I would start by trying to get an assessment from 2-3 Classical Osteopaths. Then pick the one you are most convinced by. You should notice changes after your first or second session.

I think they are better at addressing pelvic rotation than Chiropractors who tend to be better at dealing with upper neck/jaw issues.

I wouldn't go to see a Neurologist personally. Chiropractors and Osteopath's have a practical, working knowledge of neurology compared to Neurologists who tend to think too much about phantom syndromes. They have little understanding of the biomechanical nature of nerve pain.

The common test at an Osteopath will be that he will have you stand before him in your boxer shorts. He will assess the rotation and alignment of your pelvis. He will look at your shoulder and head alignment.

He should understand the pudendal nerve and be confident in releasing pressure on the nerve. If he doesn't then I might advise you to move on and find one that does.

Sacro-Iliac Joint Dysfunction doesn't really show on MRI's as you've discovered. If you have a recent MRI that indicates that you can have treatment then you should be ok.

There are risks to manipulation but then there are risks to drugs and personally I'd rather do anything than stay in the place I know you are at.

I have recovered from this problem. It will take a long time.

Summon up some more energy and resolve and book some appointments.

Good luck


Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:50 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:50 pm
Posts: 26
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Thanks for the reply, David88, it's much appreciated. I'd be able to deal with the pain more easily, if it wasn't for the erectile dysfunction. Do osteopaths deal with both Sacro-iliac joint problems and nerve problems? Also, after doing some research, I came across exercises known as Piriformis stretches. Have you had any experience with them? Any beneficial responses? Thanks again!


Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:31 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
RiseAbove wrote:
Thanks for the reply, David88, it's much appreciated. I'd be able to deal with the pain more easily, if it wasn't for the erectile dysfunction. Do osteopaths deal with both Sacro-iliac joint problems and nerve problems? Also, after doing some research, I came across exercises known as Piriformis stretches. Have you had any experience with them? Any beneficial responses? Thanks again!


Yes, sometimes the pudendal and sciatic nerve can be pinched by the Piriformis muscle. They will be able to check yours fairly simply. It

But I would focus more on the rotation/position of the pelvis and the entire spine. Sort that out and the muscles should begin to relax any way.

Erectile Dysfunction should be the first thing to change with treatment. Once the nerve is released then the erections should instantly return to normal. They won't stay that way until the new postural position has stabilised but it's a very early sign that your problem is bio-mechanical and not some pseudo mumbo jumbo pain syndrome we are being force fed.

Osteopaths are good at dealing with Sacro-Iliac problems. It's one of their main treatments. Be sure to find a good one though.

I wouldn't start any stretches until I'd met a few Osteopaths btw.

Some things will be tight because they are already stretched. You don't want to stretch them any further as you'll cause instability.

Hopefully you can feedback to me your results before I leave.

Good luck


Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:12 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:50 pm
Posts: 26
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
David88, thank you so much for all the help and suggestions! I'm definitely going to look in to this and I'll keep you, and everybody, updated.


Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:21 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
RiseAbove wrote:
David88, thank you so much for all the help and suggestions! I'm definitely going to look in to this and I'll keep you, and everybody, updated.


Good for you. Hope you get some positive results.

You can also incorporate some deep tissue massage work with any spinal manipulation.

Spinal Manipulation moves joints into their proper position. By repeating this action over a large number of sessions, the surrounding muscles re-learn what position the joint should be held in. It's called Muscle Memory.

Massage will ensure good blood flow to the muscles and help to break down any scar tissue and tightness.


Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:46 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd report back after 2 sessions of Tui Na.

It's a Chinese therapy which incorporates elements of physio, massage and osteopathy.

I have always felt that each discipline had it's strengths and weaknesses so this approach makes a lot of sense to me.

The practitioner had a very high level of knowledge of the pelvic nerves and the muscles running through there.

It's too early after two treatments to fully recommend but I do think massage should be incorporated into your treatment plans.

I have much more flexibility after just two sessions.


Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:29 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
I'm really happy that at least one member has benefitted from the hell I've been through.

I feel like I have laid down the path for recovery from a common Biomechanical cause of Prostatitis. There is a lot of information in the thread. Enough for anyone to get the right help and ask the right questions.

I'm not going to be regularly posting anymore as I have passed on all I know. Getting this information pretty much cost me my sanity.

Time to clear my head.

Good luck everyone.


Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:04 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:15 pm
Posts: 98
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Now Thats "peachandlight"!!!!!


Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:50 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:15 pm
Posts: 98
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
David88-

After researching Chiros I found one that was able to answer all your questions except the "classically" trained. After reviewing the X-rays it was obvious my pelvis is twisted/tilted. I'm not a Dr. and I could see it. He even showed me dimensions. A normal pelvis may have a twist/tilt of 0-3mm. Mine is @ 13mm. I could also see my spine trying to compensate for the twist/tilt.

Wish me luck.......I had my first treatment today.

Richard1969


Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:54 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:15 pm
Posts: 98
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
I'm a little hesitant to post this, as it may be to early. However, I have had three visits to the Chiro and things are getting better. My pain is now at a 2 with much of the time at 0. David 88 was correct in stating that stronger erections is one of the first signs of improvement. The stinging at the tip of my penis is less and sometimes unoticable. In addition the redness at the tip of my penis is getting less.

My Chiro shared with me that it is going to take awhile to get the pelvis use to being in the correct position. But, once the pelvis is readjusted I should simply be able to do maintenance.

I really hope this is it. :)


Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:56 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Richard1969 wrote:
I'm a little hesitant to post this, as it may be to early. However, I have had three visits to the Chiro and things are getting better. My pain is now at a 2 with much of the time at 0. David 88 was correct in stating that stronger erections is one of the first signs of improvement. The stinging at the tip of my penis is less and sometimes unoticable. In addition the redness at the tip of my penis is getting less.

My Chiro shared with me that it is going to take awhile to get the pelvis use to being in the correct position. But, once the pelvis is readjusted I should simply be able to do maintenance.

I really hope this is it. :)


Its a long journey my friend but its into the light. Recommend getting some Tui Na massage too to help free up old, tired muscles.

I'm happy for you. Keep going.


Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:23 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:45 pm
Posts: 14
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
David: This was an interesting read. I was wondering if my history fits into your theory. I'm 22, and had a really mild version of various symptoms throughout my teen years. I've always had a history of poor posture, scoliosis, etc. which was made worse by a really bad collarbone injury that messed my shoulder up. This trend continued, until more recently when I got into distance running and heavier lifting. One day after a short run 6 months ago, my symptoms flared up almost immediately... where they've mostly stayed since. Does this sound anything like what you've mentioned?

Thanks


Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:09 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:15 pm
Posts: 98
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Okay, update. Had both a visit to my physical therapist and my Chiro today. Unfortunately, my symptoms seem to be returning. Tip of penis is red and agrivated, ironically this does coincide with lower back pain and pain in my coccyx.

David88-

Does this approach have ups and downs? From your experience, is this part of the healing process? I'm committed to this process, just need a little encouragement.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.


Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:13 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:45 am
Posts: 37
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
David88 wrote:
mmagot wrote:
David88 can you private message me or email me at xxventanaxx@comcast.net please I would like to possibly Skype you or call you and ask some questions please


Hi,

I understand your thinking. Please can we try to discuss it first on this forum. I think it will be extremely useful for other members to have reference to our questions and answers. I'm hoping this thread will be a growing resource to help anyone who has this problem.

If you feel you don't have the information you need after some back and forth I will be happy to speak to you by phone.



ok i had pain on the right side of my penis and my right testicle only. ever since i started therapy for my pelvis which my chiro said was extrmeely tilted the pain is gone but i still have frequent urination. it used to be 3-4 ounces every time i had to go to the bathroom but now it seems its getting to 5-6 ounces except recvently been under stress since i lost a best friend. but i have been going to therapy since about the first week of march. sometimes i onyl go once a week and other times i go 3-4 times a week. about how long did it take you before you started to feel your muscles start to relax and you can force urine out again? like i cant force or push urine out too much cause it seems liek everything is tight down there. im just glad the pain is gone which is showing some signs of positiveness for me. when i got my cystoscopy in july they said my prostate got better and i have an elevated bladder wall. let me know what you think. i would love to speak to you on the phone is possible. it would really help me. thanks.


Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:01 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
jg6075 wrote:
David: This was an interesting read. I was wondering if my history fits into your theory. I'm 22, and had a really mild version of various symptoms throughout my teen years. I've always had a history of poor posture, scoliosis, etc. which was made worse by a really bad collarbone injury that messed my shoulder up. This trend continued, until more recently when I got into distance running and heavier lifting. One day after a short run 6 months ago, my symptoms flared up almost immediately... where they've mostly stayed since. Does this sound anything like what you've mentioned?

Thanks


Yes it sounds exactly the same.

With a scoliosis you have deeply ingrained muscle imbalances you're going to need to have worked out. Some extreme deep tissue work with a top expert should help reduce the twist.

I'm seeing an expert in Tui Na who is doing things an Osteo/Chiro couldn't manage by individually targeting muscles in my neck. Dysfunctional muscles get thick, short, fibreous and stick together. You need someone to stretch them out and rehabilitate them.


Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:32 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Richard1969 wrote:
Okay, update. Had both a visit to my physical therapist and my Chiro today. Unfortunately, my symptoms seem to be returning. Tip of penis is red and agrivated, ironically this does coincide with lower back pain and pain in my coccyx.

David88-

Does this approach have ups and downs? From your experience, is this part of the healing process? I'm committed to this process, just need a little encouragement.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.


It's a long process of 3 steps forward and 2 steps back. You are trying to change long standing muscle memory patterns in your body. Symptoms will go and come back weekly but they will steadily decrease until they disappear. This depends on the severity of the problem and the quality of the treatment you are receiving. Finding a good practitioner isn't easy.

Stick at it. Once you understand the theory you'll commit to the process. Release the muscle tension and decrease the pressure on the nerves. We're talking months of regular treatment.


Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:37 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
mmagot wrote:
David88 wrote:
mmagot wrote:
David88 can you private message me or email me at xxventanaxx@comcast.net please I would like to possibly Skype you or call you and ask some questions please


Hi,

I understand your thinking. Please can we try to discuss it first on this forum. I think it will be extremely useful for other members to have reference to our questions and answers. I'm hoping this thread will be a growing resource to help anyone who has this problem.

If you feel you don't have the information you need after some back and forth I will be happy to speak to you by phone.



ok i had pain on the right side of my penis and my right testicle only. ever since i started therapy for my pelvis which my chiro said was extrmeely tilted the pain is gone but i still have frequent urination. it used to be 3-4 ounces every time i had to go to the bathroom but now it seems its getting to 5-6 ounces except recvently been under stress since i lost a best friend. but i have been going to therapy since about the first week of march. sometimes i onyl go once a week and other times i go 3-4 times a week. about how long did it take you before you started to feel your muscles start to relax and you can force urine out again? like i cant force or push urine out too much cause it seems liek everything is tight down there. im just glad the pain is gone which is showing some signs of positiveness for me. when i got my cystoscopy in july they said my prostate got better and i have an elevated bladder wall. let me know what you think. i would love to speak to you on the phone is possible. it would really help me. thanks.


That all sounds encouraging. Nerves produce different responses depending on the degree to which they are stimulated. A light compression might produce mild tingling. A moderate compression would start to affect motor function (I.e muscle contraction, etc). A heavy compression will produce pain.

Sounds like he's released the nerve enough to stop the pain but there's still enough there to impact the motor function, hence urinary frequency.

Ask the mods for my email address.

* I just want to stress to everyone that its not as simple as go to Osteo/Chiro and get cured. They have to be good at what they do. They have to make a good diagnosis and provide accurate treatment. Progress will be slow and there will be regular set backs. But straightening the spine is the answer. Try to understand the theory and it will will help you find the right treatment.


Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:45 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
My erections came back almost straight away. The bladder dysfunction slowly disappeared over about 3 months.

Bear in mind that I was virtually carried into treatment. I couldn't walk or even think, my body was so twisted.

I'm sure no one was as bad as me because they wouldn't be able to type here.

That should be a source of encouragement.


Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:44 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.