Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Prostatitis Board is Closed 
Site Admin

The Prostatitis Board is Closed
Due to a medical issue with various members of the board, they have decided to close down all operations as of 12.31.20. While I am disappointed, I understand and respect their decision.

As the administrator of this board since mid-2009, I have seen a lot of posters come and go. Just as in everyday life, I have had good experiences and bad, but I have found a number of posters who have been most helpful to their fellow posters. Their input and advice has been much appreciated.

I am in negotiations to open a similar site. I can't post the name of it here for legal reasons, but it will be run in the same manner as this board was handled.

Thank you, and speaking for everyone involved with the site, we wish you the best and for a prosperous 2021.
Regards,
ADMIN

Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:51 pm

Post Re: The Prostatitis Board is Closed
Does that mean that the threads will be deleted also. My story thread has a lot of pages and I would like to get it online at least. And the PMs for possible information.

And what medical problems are those? I don't understand what do you mean.

Admin Note:
The board owner is very ill. I have been working on an option to keep the forum intact, because I am well aware of the multitude of information that is here. Your argument to save this info was expressed several times. I do not know how long this part of the forum will be up. The front side of the board is almost completely closed.

I have already bought a new website name and am in the process of setting up a different site where I own the site and content. I have made the case that this site info could be brought over to that site after changing the name of this one from the opening page.

I do not believe that this is going to happen tomorrow or next week. I will continue to work for the ability to bring the poss here to a different site. HOWEVER... this was a non-profit site, and the law is drastically different with non-profit organizations. I spoke at length to the owner today. He needs to abide by the law to avoid his own problems. Know that I will respect his wishes, but that I will push to keep the knowledge that has been posted here.

Before any such sudden erasure occurs, I will post that fact as far in advance as possible. I do understand the problems that are at the root of this situation. I consider these people to be my friends. We will do our best to abide by the law and yet still preserve the knowledge base.
ADMIN

Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:58 pm

Post Re: The Prostatitis Board is Closed
Sad news indeed. My sympathies to the board owner as health problems can be lonely and depressing. I wish him well.

As to this board I hope you can manage to move the information to your new site but I understand the difficulty involved. Although I no longer participate as much as I once did I appreciate all you have done here and the care you have shown in making this a civil forum to share information. My sincere thanks for the time and work you have devoted to this place. Hopefully the new board will continue on this path.

ADMIN NOTE: Thank YOU, sir. For the longest time, you have been a pillar of this community. I have always appreciated each and every post that you made. There are several gentlemen here that have always posted good material, and it was never unnoticed by me.

Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:10 pm

Post Re: The Prostatitis Board is Closed-To Admin and MadCap
To Admin:

I'm so sorry about illness of board owner. My best wishes!!

And thank you ever so kindly for the work you do in moderation the forum..

As to the new site: Please let us know somehow when such a migration takes place. I believe you have my email address. I can DM it to u if not. I just logged on to ask a question, but I read this sad news.

I am frantically saving all threads of mine, because I often go back to them for valuable info received here and my personal record of events.

I do hope the past posts here are NOT deleted, or can smoothly be migrated to new site, because web pages do not seem to save well..and there's simply to much I might need to go back to in the future.

To Madcap:

As you probably recall, I often reference you in my subject line "(Attention: Madcap)" because I value your input and much of your advice did bear fruit. I do hope you keep on the lookout for new posts at that new site, so I can continue referencing your username if I feel its something you can help me with-as you have several times in the past...I'll try to DM you my email address just in case we get lost in the re-shuffle

A general note:

Many of us use complementary and alternative medicine for this condition. Unfortunately, its not a well-regulated area by any stretch. Manufacturers and sales people aren't always very truthful and/or reliable. So its invaluable to have people who have actually tried different modalities and share that here. This forum excels in that delicate balance. I'm sure it will continue to do so in its new site..

Thanks again
~Elias

ADMIN NOTE: Thank you, sir! I appreciate it.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]