Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 TWO BEGINNER QUESTIONS PLEASE HELP I'M STUCK IN INDONEISA. 

Post TWO BEGINNER QUESTIONS PLEASE HELP I'M STUCK IN INDONEISA.
I need help, please.

I am in a part of the world with less than world-class doctors, no great urologists, limited testing abilities and I can't just pack up and leave due to corona. I need to try and plan a course of action myself, and make decisions that you normally want an experienced doctor to make.

1. With a bacterial caused prostatitis is it normal for there to be really bad pain that fluctuates daily between 2-8 on the pain scale, even when you're not taking anything for it? It generally gets worse as the day goes by, then might back off in the evening just a little.
(If you have a bacterial infection, it would be in constant pain rather than "off and on", no?)

3. My pain is located exactly at the spot midway between my anus and my testicles, about 1-1.5 inches in from the surface. Seems to radiate from a spot about the size of a plum, sometimes to the base of my penis, but it never hurts when I urinate. From diagrams, it does seem to be precisely where my prostate is. Could this, despite the location, still be a "pelvic floor dysfunction" instead of prostatitis?

Please advise. I don't want to misdiagnose myself. Many thanks everyone.

Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:05 am

Post Re: TWO BEGINNER QUESTIONS PLEASE HELP I'M STUCK IN INDONEIS
Hi,
first you should give more details about your sexual adventures. If you are not having unprotected sex of any kind in the last 3 years then you should forget about prostatitis. However if you have potential risks in this aspect then first target sexually transmitted diseases that are always disregarded by urologists: mycoplasma and ureaplasma. These 2, few doctors know about and few even realize that is not found in the conventional urine test unless you get a "special urine test." In non developed countries this is never tested, so target those bacterias first, it will be tough to find a good clinic that will offer such a test.

To me prostatitis is just about sex, some people say it is not because they cannot find bacterias but that doesn't mean that the first attack did not come from an external source that accessed your system through a sexual point (and that includes the mouth).

One extra detail from my statistics. I realized that people who suffered from diseases as a child can easily get prostatitis... for example if you had asthma then your immune system collapsed in the past and in your 30s your body becomes a crystal where dormant bacterias and viruses now can play more...

Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:22 pm

Wayan Jack wrote:
I need help, please.

I am in a part of the world with less than world-class doctors, no great urologists, limited testing abilities and I can't just pack up and leave due to corona. I need to try and plan a course of action myself, and make decisions that you normally want an experienced doctor to make.

1. With a bacterial caused prostatitis is it normal for there to be really bad pain that fluctuates daily between 2-8 on the pain scale, even when you're not taking anything for it? It generally gets worse as the day goes by, then might back off in the evening just a little.
(If you have a bacterial infection, it would be in constant pain rather than "off and on", no?)

3. My pain is located exactly at the spot midway between my anus and my testicles, about 1-1.5 inches in from the surface. Seems to radiate from a spot about the size of a plum, sometimes to the base of my penis, but it never hurts when I urinate. From diagrams, it does seem to be precisely where my prostate is. Could this, despite the location, still be a "pelvic floor dysfunction" instead of prostatitis?

Please advise. I don't want to misdiagnose myself. Many thanks everyone.

Hello Jack, just a guess but from what you are describing I would say you are having prostate spasms. They can be quite painful and go from mild to severe for no apparent reason. They can last for minutes or hours. I’ve had them in the past. Not sure what you have access to but as soon as you notice it coming on try taking 600mg of Ibuprofen. Also apply heat to the area using a heating pad on a low setting. The prostate is partly made up of smooth muscle. Why you are having spasms I can’t say but the ibuprofen and heat should help.

Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:07 am

A bacterial infection can fluctuate from mild to severe pain. Your sounds like a daily fluctuation so it makes me wonder what do you do during the daytime?
Are you sitting on a hard seat? Are you sitting on a bike or anything that bounces? Are you lifting very much during the day
I suspect prostatitis more than pelvic floor pain as you describe the location about where the prostate should be.
I think a soak in warm water would be better than a hot water bottle.
Do not do any irreversible surgery
Just my own advice not medical advice. I am previous patient not a urologist.
A voice of experience.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]