Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 MicrogenDx 

Post MicrogenDx
To anyone with experience with this lab, did you have to get a doctor to sign off? Is there a workaround? Both my GP and a urologist sent me on my way after negative dipstick urinalysis. They aren’t interested in testing anything else. I just want my semen tested. Is it worth a call to them or is this fairly firm? Thanks

Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:32 pm

Post Re: MicrogenDx
Sign yourself... It works.

But it will be hard later on to convince a doctor to treat you

Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:38 pm

Any MD that sends you on your way after a dipstick analysis for prostatitis is not an MD to be seeing for this condition. It takes several vigorous prostate massages on separate days to work bacteria out of remote areas of the prostate into the urethra. Also, note that a vigorous prostate massage only gets a drop or two of EPS (expressed prostatic secretions).

A semen test is vastly better than a dipstick, but what it will detect is what is going on with your seminal vesicles, which may or may not be the same as what is going on in the prostate.

Your best bet is to go with a doctor who specializes in prostatitis.

If you prostatitis symptoms have only started recently, the sooner you commence treatment the better because bacteria build biofilms.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:15 pm

Did you do the microgen test? Any result?

Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]