Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 A dozen tests...never any bacteria...cipro helps!!!??? HELP 

Post A dozen tests...never any bacteria...cipro helps!!!??? HELP
Hey guys, Matt here. Just joined an hour ago.

So i've been fighting this for 5 years now. Even the first test I had in 2015 showed no bacteria at all. I can remember how everything from my pelvis to my knees were on fire. II felt like a tennis ball was shoved in my butt and I I was peeing constantly. Ive had urine, blood, and semen tests. Ive had both a bladder and prostate biopsy......NOTHING from either one. Both were negative.

Heres what Ive had done since then :

MULTIPLE courses of antibiotcs.
IV Antibiotcs.
Pelvic floor therapy
anti inflmatories
alpha blockers
supplements
diet changes

A TURP. I HAD A FREAKING TURP (even the removed tissue was sent to lab and showed nothing. No pus, no bacteria)

Now, the kicker is that back in 2016, a year after this started...the IV Antibiotics did the trick with everything except one symptom.............I have urinary frequency and it still burns a little bit. However the feeling isnt even in my prostate. The sensation is about an inch inside my penis. Thats the only place I feel anything. All of the other symptoms went away.

it now 2020 and still NO bacteria is every found.

But get this......on and off for the last 4 years ive gone on cipro. Guys, even with negative tests, the cipro seems to reduce the feeling of having to pee significantly. Maybe a 3 to 4 week course of it. But guess what ? after about 2 weeks of getting off it....the frequency creeps back in.

People, what is going on?????? ive heard how antibiotics can have an antiinflamatory effect, but I dont by that.

How and why is the cipro helping me??? what can I do??

Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:27 pm

Post Re: A dozen tests...never any bacteria...cipro helps!!!??? H
Antibiotics provide an anti inflammatory effect
Please stop taking them there is no infection
and your body will grow resistant... they destroy your gut flora

I had a TURP in 2017. I had tried Flomax and antibiotics despite no infection.
I had frequent visits to urgent care from urinary retention

The TURP helped me pee better but damn I’m still left
with debilitating pelvic pain.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:06 pm

The bacteria that cause prostatitis typically sequester themselves in remote areas of the prostate that are not removed by TURP. In order to flush this bacteria out of the prostate into the urethra it requires vigorous prostate massage for several days running before testing expressed prostate secretions (" EPS") for bacteria. For details see here:
http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... /Case5.pdf

It is a myth that fluoroquinolone antibiotics provide an anti-inflammatory effect. This myth got started because they relieved what was alleged to be non-bacterial prostatitis but in fact had not been adequately evaluated for bacteria. See discussion at http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... facts.org/

ADMIN NOTE: I have to be careful of what external links I allow. These are both factual research info links.
Thanks.

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:25 pm

Try tranexamic acid. It is a particular anti-inflammatory.
If you are willing to take it I can give you the dose in detail. If shall help you instantly and you will feel perfect even after stopping it weeks later.
In my case it is like that but pain comes back when I masturbate... I guess the urethra is very fragile due to previous infection in the past.

Also test ureaplasma.. is not a urine test.you have to specifically request ureaplasma test...otherwise doctors won't know. Most doctors don't know.

Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]