Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Doctor thinks 1-2 prostate injections will kill all bacteria 

Post Doctor thinks 1-2 prostate injections will kill all bacteria
I know a urologist who can do injections of an antibiotic cocktail, into the prostate and seminal vesicles. But he only does maximum of two injections, days apart.

He believes that this kills all the bacteria inside, but I thought it was more complicated because of individual acini, blockages etc?

Also he occasionally does intramuscular antibiotic injections, but no intravenous.

Any opinions?

Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:53 pm

Post Re: Doctor thinks 1-2 prostate injections will kill all bact
mrjump136 wrote:
I know a urologist who can do injections of an antibiotic cocktail, into the prostate and seminal vesicles. But he only does maximum of two injections, days apart.

He believes that this kills all the bacteria inside, but I thought it was more complicated because of individual acini, blockages etc?

Also he occasionally does intramuscular antibiotic injections, but no intravenous.

Any opinions?

There’s a difference between killing bacteria and curing yourself of prostatitis. That’s the problem often overlooked here. So if he say’s 2 injections will kill all the bacteria there are other Drs who would disagree, and don’t forget the overwhelming opinion is this treatment has no proven success rate at all.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:16 pm

Madcap wrote:
There’s a difference between killing bacteria and curing yourself of prostatitis. That’s the problem often overlooked here. So if he say’s 2 injections will kill all the bacteria there are other Drs who would disagree, and don’t forget the overwhelming opinion is this treatment has no proven success rate at all.

Right, there are doctors who disagree, but what's their reasoning?

What's important is the science behind it all.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:32 pm

mrjump136 wrote:
Madcap wrote:

Right, there are doctors who disagree, but what's their reasoning?

What's important is the science behind it all.

You’ve answered your own question. Finding a legitimate study not carried out by someone associated with the injections is very unlikely, and it still ignores the main issue, which is the cause.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:54 pm

Madcap wrote:
You’ve answered your own question. Finding a legitimate study not carried out by someone associated with the injections is very unlikely, and it still ignores the main issue, which is the cause.

In specific terms of eradicating bacteria within the prostate.

One doesn't inherently need that study of injections, in order to understand the detailed anatomy of the prostate, how different bacteria colonize it, and how antibiotics act on bacteria.

This requires expertise in niche anatomy, bacteriology, and medicine. (Yes it's true that infection isn't always the root in every case of prostatitis, but this thread is about bacteria.)

Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:35 pm

mrjump136 wrote:
Madcap wrote:

In specific terms of eradicating bacteria within the prostate.

One doesn't inherently need that study of injections, in order to understand the detailed anatomy of the prostate, how different bacteria colonize it, and how antibiotics act on bacteria.

This requires expertise in niche anatomy, bacteriology, and medicine. (Yes it's true that infection isn't always the root in every case of prostatitis, but this thread is about bacteria.)

Sorry, but not only are you wrong with your logic but it makes zero sense. Best of luck to you.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:38 pm

Madcap wrote:
Sorry, but not only are you wrong with your logic but it makes zero sense. Best of luck to you.

Weak. You have nothing.

This forum is designed for everyone to understand what's going on with a confusing and complex disease.

If in fact, there are inaccuracies in what I've said, why not discuss what they are and why?

Because you're unable to follow it. Makes no sense to you. Maybe you have no logic of your own, other than the ability to refer to studies that don't exist.

ADMIN NOTE: Madcap has been here a long, long, LONG time, and has been a valuable asset to the board. If you go back through some of the threads here, you'll see dozens of entries about the pros and cons of injections. There have been a remarkable number of informed posters here over the years.

You are right. This forum IS designed for everyone to understand what is going on. Go back through the eleven years of history on this board, and you will see tons of information. We can have useful discussions here, but we need to get along.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:48 pm

It might kill everything like he says, but keep in mind, it seems like dysbiosis of the gut plays a role in prostatitis.

I forgot to mention, when I saw Toth, I struck up a conversation with another guy in his waiting room. He saw Toth for injections every 4-6 months or so. He said the injections kept it under control, but it would come back randomly. I believe gut flora proliferates to the prostate in some manner, as the frequent uti's I'd get after unprotected stopped after eating a bowl of homemade yogurt every day for about a month or so. For a while I was buying it from a farm locally, but then decided to try and make it at home.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:41 pm

Injections can fail because bacteria present in the prostate for more than a few weeks will typically build biofilms, which protect dormant persister cells from being eradicated by white blood cells. Because they are dormant they are not eradicated by antibiotics either. In such cases the injections help for a while but prostatitis returns after bacteria have repopulated the biofilms.

What is needed is to break down the biofilms. See if you can persuade your doctor to try what I have recommended here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2691

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:38 pm

Have you read more in-depth about injections than what the doctor claims about it? There's a ton of articles, I bet, though it's difficult to get ones having a more similar scenario to your own. That's not always the best information though.

Prostatitis is rife with a variety of procedures and solutions that don't have a proven success rate because it's a highly variable, exact solution for the specific case 'disease'. It's not something that emerges from the plethora of illnesses with a sure-footed approach to treating it in every case that could be. And the problem with the idea of injections being no success rate doesn't forever curse it to being completely wrong to try either.

I suggest doing a bit more research before asking for opinions on this or any other forum because you're more likely to encounter ingrained resistance and eagerness to advise an alternative to it than a more balanced discussion on its merits and capacity to resolve prostatitis.

Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:15 pm

There’s a difference between killing bacteria and curing yourself of prostatitis. That’s the problem often overlooked here. So if he say’s 2 injections will kill all the bacteria there are other Drs who would disagree, and don’t forget the overwhelming opinion is this treatment has no proven success rate at all.[/quote]

I was cured with prostate injections. It’s time to stop denying the testimonials of cured forum members.

Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]