Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 back in hospital can't wee 

Post back in hospital can't wee
so the pelvic spasm is so bad I can't wee, had to be drained....over 1200ml

ER doc said my pelvic area and lower abdomen is hard as a rock (tight muscle). Also thinks my prostate is swollen but it's hard to say because of the spasm in the area.

Probably going home with a catheter and prayers. I've been down this road so long, doctors are at a loss.

Recently was put on morphine for severe pain, doctor thinks it's actually making me worse and wants me to wean off.

Sorry for the rant, no answers here I'm sure my life is over.

They might try muscle relaxer.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:47 pm

Post Re: back in hospital can't wee
racebannon wrote:
so the pelvic spasm is so bad I can't wee, had to be drained....over 1200ml

ER doc said my pelvic area and lower abdomen is hard as a rock (tight muscle). Also thinks my prostate is swollen but it's hard to say because of the spasm in the area.

Probably going home with a catheter and prayers. I've been down this road so long, doctors are at a loss.

Recently was put on morphine for severe pain, doctor thinks it's actually making me worse and wants me to wean off.

Sorry for the rant, no answers here I'm sure my life is over.

They might try muscle relaxer.

Race, not to downplay your pain, that is not my intention, but you really need to get off the opiates. Whatever the root cause is that is only going to make it worse. Your Dr is correct. People who have the problems associated with this only complicate the issue with opiates.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:35 pm

easier said than done when pain is excruciating

Why do opiates make it worse??

Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:50 pm

racebannon wrote:
easier said than done when pain is excruciating

Why do opiates make it worse??

Because opiates can make inflammation worse in the prostate, even more so in someone who already has problems. As for it being easy it isn’t, but the blame falls on your Drs, not you. No one with prostate problems, including prostate pain, needs to start down that road. If I looked at my family Dr or Urologist and asked about opiates they would shut that conversation down before it started. As any good Dr should.

Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:00 am

Ya I get it. My urologist would never prescribe opiates, just bladder meds, which are terrible in a different way.

Is there research re: opiates and prostate? I feel like I'm literally burning up from the inside out. I've been in horrible pain before but nothing like this.

Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:42 pm

racebannon wrote:
Ya I get it. My urologist would never prescribe opiates, just bladder meds, which are terrible in a different way.

Is there research re: opiates and prostate? I feel like I'm literally burning up from the inside out. I've been in horrible pain before but nothing like this.

Race, you can easily find research concerning opiates and difficulty urinating. It’s a common side effect. Considering you’re in the hospital for that very reason there’s no doubt your opiate usage is contributing to the problem. As inflammation leads to more pain, and opiates can contribute to prostate inflammation, you can see the possible connection.

Opiates are great as a temporary solution, as in immediately after surgery, or terminal illness, but when you come to rely on them day after day you’re going to end up with more problems.

Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:14 pm

thank you for the post

My frustration is beyond reason. The spasming pressure down there
has become beyond debilitating

I’m increasing Gabapentin and have started on Cymbalta (duloxetine)

Through my journey nothing from the pharmacy has helped very much

I’m at a complete loss. I’ve gone from hard working guy to
a chronic pain, unemployed nothing.

Dark dark days.

Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:37 pm

race. you need to have this thing removed. Burning pain is an infection and its wrecking havoc on your muscles.

Theres a well known uro in UK who does it with good results but costs around 20k usd.

I know its a big decision but if your life depends on it...

Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:08 pm

dom_hend wrote:
race. you need to have this thing removed. Burning pain is an infection and its wrecking havoc on your muscles.

Theres a well known uro in UK who does it with good results but costs around 20k usd.

I know its a big decision but if your life depends on it...

What are we removing?
My prostate? Apparently it’s normal...I suspect it’s not

Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:06 pm

Have you ever had a semen analysis for bacteria and WBC? Have you ever done an ultrasound on it to check for calcifications? Do prostate massages on it hurt really bad?

At this point if it has been your prostate this whole time, I can't even promise you removal will fix it. The surgery you had on your bladder neck probably messed things up more in the long term.

Its unbelievable doctors think they can tell a prostate looks fine thru a cystoscopy. Cystoscopy doesn't show anything in the prostate, just urethra. Bladder necks obstruction is 90% of times caused by enlarged prostate. I can't believe they cut up your bladder neck without thoroughly doing a semen analysis to see if prostate is messed up. I can connect you with another Canadian who went thru the same thing for 30 years. Had it removed, now living a new life at the age of 65 and regrets he didn't remove it earlier.

He was literally told by infectionist doctors the thing has to be removed, that the infection is untreatable but they would not sign off on it due to politics/they "couldnt". It's criminal.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:26 pm

dom_hend wrote:
Have you ever had a semen analysis for bacteria and WBC? Have you ever done an ultrasound on it to check for calcifications? Do prostate massages on it hurt really bad?

At this point if it has been your prostate this whole time, I can't even promise you removal will fix it. The surgery you had on your bladder neck probably messed things up more in the long term.

Its unbelievable doctors think they can tell a prostate looks fine thru a cystoscopy. Cystoscopy doesn't show anything in the prostate, just urethra. Bladder necks obstruction is 90% of times caused by enlarged prostate. I can't believe they cut up your bladder neck without thoroughly doing a semen analysis to see if prostate is messed up. I can connect you with another Canadian who went thru the same thing for 30 years. Had it removed, now living a new life at the age of 65 and regrets he didn't remove it earlier.

He was literally told by infectionist doctors the thing has to be removed, that the infection is untreatable but they would not sign off on it due to politics/they "couldnt". It's criminal.

I have not had those semen tests etc

Today I saw a colo rectal surgeon. Holy he hit my pain spot big time. It was so painful I yelped and almost left off the table.

Puborectalis muscle spasm....it's the muscle that sits up the rectum and on the bottom of the pelvic band. Can cause radiating hell through the rectum and pelvic floor

Good news because I won't die (I want to)
Bad news ("I'm sorry there is nothing I can do, go try a pelvic physio")

The end

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]