Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Nothing is working 

Post Nothing is working
back in E.R.

Pelvic spasm so bad I can’t pass urine or sit.

I’ve exhausted every possible solution.

Been on hydromorphone for pain. It barely takes a part
of the edge off.

I won’t live this way

rant.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:17 pm

Post Re: Nothing is working
I feel exactly the same frustration. Nothing is working and I don't know what else I can do. In my case, I know that it is a bacterial infection and it pisses me off that I can't get rid of a simple infection. It should be easy with the right treatment.

I wrote an e-mail to the Polish guys who do the phage therapy and they replied saying that they would consult my case with their urologists. A few months have passed and still no answer. I don't have the money for that therapy though, I simply asked to see if it is a possibility to cure this, but I feel ignored by all doctors.

The only thing that I could try is a long abstinence from ejaculation but I never have the patience. My theory, and this is a strong inkling, is that since seminal fluid has antibacterial properties, at least that is what I read in some scientific paper, if I let it accumulate enough and do the work maybe it can clear the infection by itself. But I don't have any guarantee and I don't know of another guys who have tried that so I don't have any reference.

Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:14 pm

I’ve never had my semen tested for bacteria. My Urologist doesn’t do that.
I’m pretty sure my issue is muscle dysfunction

Sorry you are suffering I wouldn’t wish these issues on my worst enemy

Be careful about seeking out of the wall expensive treatments
I’ve spent thousands and here I am

Damn what the hell do we do

Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:19 pm

In the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NBCI) site there are papers from the Phage Therapy Unit of the Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy of Poland. Although I have my reasons to not trust the medical authorities I also think that it would be too much for the NBCI guys to allow scammers "papers" among their articles. That is why at first I trusted phage therapy.

I don't know why your urologist doesn't test for bacteria. I would do several tests to check that out. The problem is that if you have a bacterial infection and they don't know how to cure it because the main antibiotics used just don't work the result is the same: frustration. But spending efforts, time and money in muscle/nerve therapy having an infection is misleading. I also have pelvic pain, specially after sleeping, when I wake up. I think that if the prostate gland is chronically infected it makes the muscles and nerves around inflamed. If you have an infection, cleaning it is the most important thing. But how? I'm sure that if I could clean the infection the pelvic pain would also disappear.

Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:34 am

infected....with what?

I contracted chlamydia many years ago. Very obvious that
something was wrong...severe burn when urinating, frequency and
a nasty white discharge out of the per hole.

Was prescribed a specific antibiotic. A well to 10 days later, all good.

Ask a Urologist how a prostate can get infected...you won’t get an answer

It’s all so poorly understood. I’ve had more than 8 doctors probe my prostate
In the last few years. I’m told it’s normal and I have s muscle spasm dysfunction
in my entire excretion system...rectum and bladder

No solution

Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:15 pm

In my case it's infected with enterococcus faecalis.

They don't understand it because they are not interested in researching it. It is a simple bacterial infection. With the proper research it should be easy to figure out the way to cure it. But they are using old methods that stopped working many years ago because the new resistant bacterias.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:59 am

does that infection show in semen? Is that a way to determine that if the
semen has bacteria then that’s a prostate infection?

Sorry I’m just trying to understand. My mom says I must be
infected with something mysterious. My mom isn’t wrong very often.

My problem is more complex to treat I’m told because I have
pain up the rear end and in the genitalia and bladder.

No test I’ve ever had has shown infection

Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:13 pm

The bacterias have appeared in my semen and urine several times. One urologist performed a rectal examination and he said that I have prostatitis. Even it hurted when pressed, specially the left side. So to me is clear that it's an infection. Maybe it is also in the seminal vesicles and urethra, not only the prostate, but surely the prostate is infected.

If I were you I would do several cultures because maybe your mother is right. Go to another urologist who can do the Meares-Stanley test, that is my advice.

But anyway, knowing that you have a damn infection in your genitalia and feeling powerless to cure it is very frustrating and it gives anxiety. But like I said, doing muscle/nerve therapy while you have an infection is misleading.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:22 pm

getting referred to another Urologist could prove next
to impossible

I may have to go private and pay

Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:45 pm

I would try to convince the current urologist.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:53 am

ya I asked him about it in the past. He said there can be bacteria present in semen, it doesn't mean anything is wrong...
An STI is a different story

Bottom line he won't do it for me

My problem seems to be muscle, nerve. My entire lower abdomen, excretory system goes into Charlie horse after each evacuation, it's hell I'm completely debilitated and heading for a cardboard box on the sidewalk.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:35 pm

I sometimes have similar problems with the lower abdomen and IBS. I think that the infection messes it up somehow.

Honestly, I think that your urologist is being lazy and making excuses. First, not all bacterias are the same. I don't think that having klebsiella pneumoniae, enterococcus faecalis or enterobacter cloacae is normal (all found in my past cultures). He should test your semen/urine and then decide after seeing which bacteria appears and not doing general assumptions. That is how real science is supposed to work.

The Meares-Stamey test is something that all urologists should do at first, at least in theory.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]