Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Who's better to treat Chlamydia prostatitis, Toth or Bahn? 

Post Who's better to treat Chlamydia prostatitis, Toth or Bahn?
Both injection clinics.

Toth Pros:
-Obsessed with chlamydia
-Good at culturing it
-Uses individualized antibiotics

Toth Cons:
-Extremely expensive
-Controversial (Apparently there have been at least a few accounts of permanent damage)
-Large needle

Bahn Pros:
-Affordable
-Reputable
-Thin needle
-Injects seminal vesicles as well (important)

Bahn Cons:
-Generalized antibiotic cocktail (doesn't deviate from this, I believe)
-Doesn't culture (I also believe)

Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:05 pm

Post Re: Who's better to treat Chlamydia prostatitis, Toth or Bah
Hi

I've seen Dr Toth. He's a good guy. He doesn't use a large needle anymore. The process takes only a few minutes. I took a picture of the machine and needle while I was there if you want to see it. He injects into both seminal vesicles and the prostate and he watches the fluid flow in via a computer monitor. Before the injection you're given some painkillers but after several injections I stopped taking them.

Unfortunately though, Dr Toth didn't suggest doing any cultures. I was already on antibiotics and didn't want to stop taking them anyway. My fault. Had a culture been done and I had taken the right antibiotics maybe the injections would have worked. Instead Dr Toth injects several antibiotics that should, he believes, clear any infection.

Anyway, Dr Toth is retiring at the end of this year. His clinic is now in Florida (not New York anymore). I like the guy and he at least is trying to do something that wouldn't even occur to your average urologist.

If you're going to go for injections, get tested first to find out the bacteria. Then get the right antibiotic injected. That is your only hope.

There is a company that does DNA testing on your semen to find the bacteria. PM me and I'll give you the link. Or search google for "prostate-kit-self-pay". These guys will send you a sample kit for testing. Or goto a regular urologist and ask them to arrange a urine AND semen sample and hope they pick something up. You need to be off antibiotics for 14 days at least (ideally).

Good luck.
Simon

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:35 am

Did it cure you or made your symptoms better?

Did he also found ‘Chlamydia’

What’s your story? How did it start?

Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:23 am

Honestly, the DNA lab in my opinion is a joke.

I did it and they found 7 different bacteria at an overall LOW level. I've GROWN E. Faecalis at HEAVY levels in 4 different labs in 4 different countries every time in my Semen. The DNA lab did NOT find E. Faecalis (its 100% there), but instead found 7 random other bacteria. Their antibiotic sensitivities are not based on the actual bacteria, just supposedly what the DNA shows. This is not reliable.

The best method is to actually grow the bacteria, and test antibiotics on it in a lab setting. Looking for DNA is a joke. Many bacteria share DNA, and the DNA could be left over DNA from other bacteria. Antibiotic sensitivities based on DNA are SHOULD work, not WILL work.

I know for a fact I don't have 7 bacterial infections in my Prostate. I would probably be dead.

Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:42 pm

Hi Dom

That's very useful information. I've just come off antibiotics and in a couple of weeks I'm going to get EPS and semen cultures done. I'll send another semen sample off to Microgen and I'll report back.

Kind regards
Simon

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:38 pm

I had chlamydia years ago. It was cured with antibiotics

That being said I'm left with horrible pelvic pain problems now.

Is the dreaded bacteria living in my prostate? Doctors says my prostate is normal size.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]