Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Leaking at night 

Post Leaking at night
Greetings, I am new to the Forum. I was wandering if anyone has experienced urine leakage at night. Not a full wet the bed episode but a small amount. I have had several prostatitis flare ups. I thought they were caused by a supplement I was taking to increase testosterone. However i have stopped taking them and I am having issues still. My Doc prescribed Cypro and that seemed to take care of it, but it comes back about every other month or so, It usually happens if I drink fluids past 9:00 or so and I am very tired. Just looking for some help. Thanks

Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:53 am

Post Re: Leaking at night
what is your age? I think some more information might help the board.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:34 am

I am 48 years old. PSA is fine and physical prostate exam was normal. Main symptoms are frequent urination 1-2 hours and frequency at night. Occasionally I do not wake up soon enough and have minor wetness. I do drink pleanty of water daily (100-150oz). Competitive athlete and in fine shape. I did notice biking and certain supplements cause flair ups. Getting pretty depressed about it and Dr wants to limit my antibiotics. Any help would be great

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:36 pm

I have found that if I drink sports drinks or vitamin C effervescent or even whiskey that I don't urinate so much.

Beer and water seems to go right through me since this ordeal started.

Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:52 am

Went to the clinic today. Doc wants me to try to hold my urin longer and retrain my bladder . After looking at my labs he thinks I have developed a hypersensitivity to bladder pressure. My current urine streams are only 10 to 15 seconds every hour or two. Today I held it for 3 hours and increased my stream to 25 seconds. Out goal is for 4 hours and a 30-45 second stream. I am expressions symptoms of anxiety and depression so we are taken ng a psychological approach. I am praying this will help. He is also thinking about sleep apnea for the nighttime problem. We will see. Thanks

Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:53 pm

You might look up a few other possible problems: nerve compression, dehydration, and bladder hypertrophy. Dehydration can occur even when drinking often, and involves some lack of proper absorption of fluids and/or nutrients. Nerve compression is common among people who bike.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]