Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next
 My story, chronic prostatitis associated with weak orgasms 

Post Re: My story, chronic prostatitis associated with weak orgas
Please don't use my story thread to make propaganda of products. Your symptoms are not like mine.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:03 pm

Chav, what's your current strategy? Have you tried the turtle exercises I described? I feel dumb because I was seeing improvement after a few weeks, but I have not been regularly doing these. I think if I do them 3 times a day for several months, I'll have normal sexual sensation, again. I really think you should be doing them also.

Past Treatments: 6x Heparin bladder Injection. Elmiron (2x daily), Meriva Curcumin (500mg 2x daily), Physio (good!), Vistaril, Uro Prostate Massage (helpful!), Flower Pollen, Antibiotics (for about a month),

Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:52 am

I have been better for a few days while taking mate herb and chamomile but again I have that mild burning sensation that makes my libido and orgasms numb. I'm quite sure that in my case this is caused by the enterococcus faecalis infection. I read that tulsi can destroy that bacteria so that is what I want to text next.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:16 am

I've also read about Tulsi (aka Holy Basil), and that it has properties to resolve bacterial infection and prostatitis pain. How are you calculating the dosage?

Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:50 pm

I have got it today from a herb shop and it comes in dried leaves, like other spices. I don't know about the dosage. I'm thinking about just making tea with them.

I came across tulsi searching about herbs that can kill the damned enterococcus faecalis. There was a study that mentioned it so I wanted to give it a try. I don't know if it can enter into the problematic zone of the prostate, though.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:59 pm

I think tulsi can fight chronic infections and also reduce inflammation, it is an adaptogen or Ayurvedic rasayana (restorative) herb. Also apparently may work for nerve pain. If your making tea, make sure to steep the leaves in water for a good 15 minutes. If it good tulsi, you will feel relaxed shortly after. I have used capsules in the past and they were relaxing, although I had to stop taking them because I got frequent urination from it, I get that with many things... It's kind of annoying.

Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:53 am

I guess that frequent urination is a good thing? Doesn't that mean that you are eliminating toxines?

Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:35 am

Well it isn't a good thing if you have to wake up 6 times a night to go pee.

Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:53 pm

I think so too, Chavalote. Yet it is annoying sometimes. Perhaps prostatitis, and maybe even infection by bacteria is a defensive reaction to toxins and exposure to pollution.

Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:38 pm

Hey there, i randomly stumbled upon this thread earlier today and wanted to share a few things from my own story. Back around early to mid 2014, i was lazy and unhygienic and we only had one bathroom so i would pee into a glass jar and didn't empty it out immediately afterwards, so i would pee in the jar here and there and when it got full i'd empty it out and clean out the jar for reuse. My mistake, aside from pissing into a jar, smh, was that i let the urine sit out in the jar for a few days or so until it was full before i emptied it, and my penis came into contact with the urine which was breeding some sort of microbes, i'm pretty certain.

Soon after, my hell began. i started getting some urinary issues, it first started out as a kind of tingling/itching in the urethra and for some reason (just a dumbass i guess) i didn't think anything of it. After a few weeks i started having to pee very frequently, and it started burning when i peed, so i thought i had a UTI and i had some Azithromycin and took that and noticed that at first it was almost like it knocked out the UTI and i could pee more easily (better than i could in years) and then soon after that i started having to pee more frequently again and the infection progressed into an inflamed/infected prostate, and even got so far as a kidney infection with lower back pain and making sitting very very uncomfortable. It seems i was able to knock out the UTI and kidney infection aspect with Oregano EO, but the Oregano EO didn't seem to touch the prostate, so it was around this time that i decided to go to the doctor and see what the problem was, which i was pretty sure around that time that the issue was prostate-related because it just felt like it, and sure enough, urologist said i have prostatitis so he prescribed me Bactrim which i took for a year, and while on one hand it seemed to do something for me, on the other hand didn't, and so then i tried Cipro and was on Cipro for a year or so as well and like the Bactrim, on one hand it seemed to help, on the other hand not. The Bactrim seemed to deplete my B12 and caused my fingernail moons to disappear, and the Cipro depleted my Magnesium.

So while my symptoms were somewhat manageable on Bactrim, and were definitely manageable on Cipro, things still weren't clearing up, it'd look like things were clearing up but then things would get worse again, particularly after ejaculation.

I've been on quite the quest to get over this stuff since i got it in 2014, and i have made some definite progress. The things that have helped me so far, is Saw Palmetto and Pygeum Africanum (they are truly a life saver, i tell ya), they work wonders for the urinary uncomfortableness. I found out that my prostate infection is fungal, not sure what kind of fungus, but i do know that it responds to Fluconazole. Funnily enough, it also responded to Cipro, but apparently because Cipro inhibits DNA Gyrase, it's said that fungi also contain DNA Gyrase and so that would explain why Cipro seemed to have some effect for me but didn't help completely. The Fluconazole definitely helps, however, while i notice some definite benefit with it, it wasn't until i added in Berberine to the mix that i really started seeing improvement. Apparently Berberine synergizes with Fluconazole and can even help with some Fluconazole-resistant infections like Candida for example.

So, so far my regimen is as follows: a capsule of Pygeum and a capsule of Saw Palmetto extract twice a day (once when i wake up, once before bed). 200mgs of Fluconazole every 36 to 48 hours, i started out taking Fluconazole daily but it gave me bad chapped/dry lips, dry skin and a headache, so i started taking 200mgs every 2 days and while that seemed to help i decided to start taking it every 36 hours due to the half-life, and so far that seems promising. One capsule of 450 to 500mgs of Berberine HCL along with one capsule of Milk Thistle extract (for P-Glycoprotein inhibition to increase Berberine's bioavailability) every 6 to 8 hours, 6 hours apart seems to do better, i think, but 8 hours apart still gave me some pretty noticeable results, so i take one capsule each of Berberine and Milk Thistle 3 to 4 times a day. I've also recently began taking some probiotics by a brand called Garden of Life, the kinds i take are the Ultimate Care and the Primal Defense, which i do think they have some benefits as well, for the gut and the urinary tract, i'm not sure though but since i've started taking them things have felt better but i can't be sure because i started taking them around the same time as i started taking the Fluconazole, but imo it's worth looking into. I've also been taking 5mgs of B12 and some Magnesium on a daily basis to help replenish what the Bactrim and Cipro depleted.

I've also been all over the spectrum when it comes to ejaculation, i've tried ejaculating like 1 to 3 times a day, or once every 2 to 3 to 5 to 8 to 10 to 12 days or so, and right now with the Fluconazole and Berberine, it seems ejaculating once every 2 days (ejaculate, skip a day, ejaculate, etc) is best and is doing a good job.

I've also started taking some Caprylic Acid each day, which reminds me of another thing. I get this whole body itching, which i've noticed before here and there way before any of this started. But since all the anti-biotics i was on, they apparently caused Candida to get out of control and overgrow, so now i have oral thrush and a slight genital yeast infection, even spread to my armpits at one point but deodorant seems to kill that off, and i think body powder helps keep the nads dry and helps with that a bit, it also caused me an itchy anus which i have had a few times here and there even since i was a kid. So i started looking into Caprylic Acid as a sort of anti-Candida thing, and it does indeed help reduce the itching quite a bit, i still notice some itching here and there, particularly if i ingest some sugar with my Coffee, or eat something with a lot of sugar in it, which feeds the Candida which causes it to make me start itching. I'm not sure if the Caprylic Acid will completely kill off the Candida, i might have to end up abstaining from sugar/carbs for a few months to kill off the Candida while repopulating my gut flora with the probiotics i'm currently taking. I consume the Caprylic Acid internally, although it can also be applied topically, and consuming it orally can cause some stomach upset, stomach pain, and diarrhea if too much is consumed, so watch out for that, it sucks lol.

Another thing that can possibly help out with Candida though most people probably wouldn't try it, is Syrian Rue, or B. Caapi, or Harmala alkaloids in general, as they also seem to have some anti-fungal/anti-candidal activity, though i'm not sure how much they may help but i do notice reduced body itching when i take Syrian Rue seed powder capsules, but i haven't particularly noticed any benefit when it comes to the prostate infection. Be aware though, Syrian Rue can be strong and uncomfortable in effects depending on dosage, but adding something like 3 to 4 grams of Lemon Balm or some Lemon EO to it seems to clean up it's bodyload and makes it feel much cleaner so one can use it for it's medicinal benefits more without having to feel an uncomfortable bodyload. Syrian Rue/B. Caapi/Harmala alkaloids also can cause purging (nausea/vomiting/diarrhea), particularly in higher dosages, so that's something to be aware of if trying them out, but low to moderate dosages don't seem to cause purging ime.

I also have some sort of indicators of the infections presence, like a red line at the tips of my fingernail beds, and a white line on each side of my penis right under the head, resembles a scar of sorts. These lines seem to fade the better the infection gets, so i'm assuming that when those lines are no longer present, i shouldn't any longer have the infection but i'm going to be safe about it and continue doing what i'm doing for a little while longer even if the lines do go away, just to make sure. Another thing i noticed is the eye floaters, never had eye floaters before this infection, and at first i thought it was due to me bashing my head into the wall when i would get angry/frustrated, but apparently it's been getting better since the infection has been clearing up, slowly but surely, so i'm assuming that the floaters also have to do with the infection and that once the infection is gone, so too will be the floaters, i'm hoping. The floaters would get worse when i would ejaculate before i started taking the Fluconazole and Berberine, but since i've been taking Fluconazole and Berberine, now when i ejaculate the floaters really don't seem to get bad like they did beforehand and things do look a good bit clearer.

Also, as far as i can tell, diet doesn't seem to have any impact when it comes to this infection. Others results may vary, but for me, it's a definite prostate infection of fungal nature, or so it seems. I haven't yet been back to the doctor to update him, i don't like doctors, and if it's something i can take care of myself (which i'm pretty good at) then i'd rather handle it myself, only seeking outside help if i need it. I've been through a long, miserable and embarrassing time with this crap, now that i'm on the seemingly right treatment, things are starting to look good. I'm not completely sure that i have it all figured out yet, but i'm much better off now than i was when this started back in 2014, 2014 to 2016 were absolutely miserable and highly stressful for me. Which reminds me, i also take about 6 to 10 drops, usually 9 to 10 drops, once a day of Lemon EO in a capsule, i find it has some good anti-anxiety effects for me personally, it's really helped cut back on the stress and anxiety, without it i probably would've been way more worked up and anxious than i was/have been. Another thing that may be useful for anxiety, is Mucuna extract which contains L-Dopa, i've been taking that daily for about 10 or 11 months now, and i do feel like the replenishing of Dopamine and Noradrenaline can possibly help with anxiety relief as well.

Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:44 pm

Unfortunately, fluconazole, cipro and bactrim didn't help in my case. I don't know if cipro messed with my magnesium but maybe, because sometimes I have muscle twitches and paresthesias. I don't know how long can that magnesium lack induced by cipro last. Maybe I should take magnesium also.

I have stopped going to doctors. I'm disappointed with them. No one has provided an answer to my problem, and they only had made it worse. I'm now having anxiety when paresthesias or muscle twitches appear (something that I never suffered before taking antibiotics and other drugs), thinking that I may have some heart problems, or some nervous system malfunction... and it's a loop because anxiety makes my muscles tense. Sometimes I find myself tightening my jaw and it's very difficult to avoid because I can't be all the day thinking about it.

I'm currently taking tulsi infusions, maybe for a week, with no changes in my symptoms. Tulsi is supposed to kill enterococcus faecalis but maybe it can't reach into the problem zone of my prostate.

I also suspect that my neurotransmitters are off balance. I suffer from some kind of sexual anhedonia and low libido. I don't know what to do about this, indeed. My next try maybe quercetin/bromelain but I'm losing hope of curing this with supplements. I'm thinking that the infection is buried deep and almost impossible to clean by oral stuff.

It's a mystery because some days ago I had a good week in which my libido were pretty good and my orgasms also got better (6/10, maybe) but I don't know why, because I'm now as always again. I thought it was the mate herb + chamomile infusions that I was taking but I'm still taking them and the improvement has faded away. It's still a mystery to me what causes the improvements but if I could figure it out I could continue on that until I'm cured. The improvements are the only thing that makes me have a little hope, because they mean that this is not incurable.

Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:24 pm

Yeah Cipro definitely depletes Magnesium, i read about that in a post somewhere before and they recommended taking Magnesium supplements while on Cipro (though taking them hours apart from each other due to Magnesium decreasing the bioavailability of Cipro), and that doing so could help counteract some of the side-effects of Cipro, like the paresthesias and muscle aching, possibly muscle twitching if enough is consumed although i still had the muscle twitches, the muscle twitches seem to come from Cipro's GABA-A antagonism, as i've had a couple other GABA-A antagonists i've experimented around with that gave me the same feeling Cipro gave me in terms of it's GABA-A antagonism, along with the muscle twitches as well. I would definitely recommend the Magnesium, though you wanna find a good bioavailable kind (as opposed to something like Magnesium Oxide which apparently isn't all that bioavailable), i use some Magnesium Glycinate-Lysinate Chelate thing from a brand called Doctor's Best, but there's different kinds of Magnesium out there, but so far this stuff has worked well, and i noticed when i was taking Cipro that if i wasn't taking the Magnesium i'd get pretty achy and start having the paresthesias and such, then i'd take the Magnesium and after a few days those side-effects went away. The most obvious sign for me that Cipro depletes Magnesium, was when i was still taking the Cipro and decided to add in Berberine, and of course the Milk Thistle to inhibit P-Glycoprotein, which Cipro is metabolized by P-Glycoprotein, so the Milk Thistle didn't just potentiate the Berberine, it also potentiated the Cipro, and it potentiated it quite a bit, to the point where within a few days i felt pretty drained of Magnesium, and it took me a few weeks to really get my Magnesium levels back to where they were.

Once i quit taking the Cipro, i didn't notice any residual side-effects except for the yeast overgrowth (and resulting body itching), the lack in Magnesium, and some body aching which is probably due to me still not getting enough Magnesium as i don't take as much i should really, but also due to the disruption of gut bacteria, which the probiotics i'm taking do seem to help with the body aches a bit as well. The other thing i noticed about Cipro, is that because it inhibits CYP1A2, it potentiates CYP1A2 substrates pretty potently, which i kinda like CYP1A2 inhibition because i take a sleep med called Tizanidine, and with CYP1A2 inhibition i can take less of a dosage of Tizanidine compared to without the CYP1A2 inhibition. Unfortunately the downside to CYP1A2 inhibition, is Caffeine, and at the time i was drinking Caffeinated sodas, and so the Caffeine would end up getting potentiated, even from a few small gulps of soda, and would end up disrupting my sleep and causing some insomnia, but once i cut out the Caffeine, that issue went away.

As for Fluconazole, i tried it when i was still taking Cipro and at the time it seemed like it was working but at the same time not, because i had added in the Berberine for a bit there and things looked like it started to get better, then i thought to myself if Berberine was really necessary so i stopped taking it and the infection started getting a bit worse again, so that's when i decided to stop taking the Cipro, and start taking just the Fluconazole for a bit to see how that would go, thinking if i needed to i could just start taking Cipro again, and thankfully the Fluconazole worked and gives me the same benefits that i was getting from Cipro except Fluconazole seems to do a much better job and is actually stalling the replication of the infection, although it doesn't seem Fluconazole has all the bases covered, seems like the fungi can find a way around it a little bit, not resistance i don't think, just that it alone isn't good enough, so with the Berberine in the mix, things appear to be looking good within the last couple or so months. I no longer have much uncomfortableness down below, for the most part i feel fine, just a little mild tingling in the urethra rarely, not really having any urinary frequency/urgency and can finally go hours without having to pee if need be without feeling like my bladder was going to burst open, but i do still have difficulty starting urination and with the flow, although both the flow and the starting of urination has gotten a good bit better, still some difficulty starting urination but the flow has improved a good bit, so that's really good.

So just know, things work better in synergy, and there are some good plant medicines and supplements out there, though you may not be able to find a one bullet fix all for this stuff, unfortunately. So rather than trying to find one particular thing, take a few things in combination, try to figure out the half-life of whatever you're taking, so that you can figure out how often you need to take them, and how much you need to take. It's definitely trial and error and experimentation, and it can be quite frustrating but i do think there's a solution out there, somewhere.

I am convinced that for quite a few people out there, this stuff is definitely microbial, whether fungal, bacterial, maybe viral or parasitic but it's most likely fungal or bacterial, and seeing as how a lot of people get put on anti-biotics and bounce around from anti-biotic to anti-biotic and doctor to doctor and have to live with this stuff for years or decades even (which is freakin' unfathomable in my eyes, i'd rather just have my prostate completely removed and never be able to ejaculate again than to live my life with impeded urination lol), i would say it's probably worth looking into it being more fungal than bacterial, or maybe even a combination of both, but maybe just fungal. Not sure if Fluconazole and Berberine would cover it since you said you didn't get any help from Fluconazole, but it may be worth giving it a second try with the Berberine and Milk Thistle in the mix and see how that goes, but i would say try to find some good anti-fungals. This can be one hell of a stubborn infection to get rid of, but i do have hope that we can recover from this stuff, just gotta find the right medicines and the right way to go about it, which can take quite awhile, apparently.

I'm by no means recovered, yet, but things do seem to be slowly improving/clearing up/getting better, and really i've about run out of things to try myself although i'm sure there's other things out there but i'm at my wits end with this infection, it's so stupid that we have to go through this stuff. So i feel and share your pain man, you're not alone.

One interesting thing to note is that Magnesium is also said to be good for anxiety, and perhaps the lack of Magnesium can contribute to an increase in anxiety, the lack of Magnesium can also cause some heart palpitations apparently. And yes, jaw clenching, also a sign of low Magnesium. People reportedly take Magnesium while "rolling" on the drug MDMA to help counteract the jaw clenching, so taking some good Magnesium may very well benefit you, hopefully.

As for the anhedonia and low libido, Mucuna Pruriens which contains L-Dopa and replenishes Dopamine and Noradrenaline/Adrenaline is said to be quite useful for libido, look into it, Dopamine is also said to increase pleasure. I've been taking a form of standardized Mucuna extract i get on ebay, standardized to 15%/150mgs L-Dopa per 2 capsules, and i've taken between 3 and 5 capsules twice a day for 10 or 11 months now, seems to work pretty well in terms of Dopamine and Noadrenaline replenishment, though as far as libido goes i wouldn't know, i also take like 9 to 10 drops of Lemon EO in a capsule once a day, and Lemon EO contains Limonene which is an Adenosine A2A receptor agonist, which activation of Adenosine A2A can apparently reduce Dopamine 2 receptor activation which can, apparently, reduce libido, so the Lemon EO is most likely counteracting the libido enhancing effect of Mucuna for me, which isn't an issue for me because one reason i take Lemon EO is because i feel like i have an overactive Dopamine 2 receptor and as a result i seem to have been a bit hypersexual most of my life and had quite the porn habit and masturbated every night, but with the Lemon EO, i don't even feel the need to look at porn or masturbate, i can finally get sex out of my mind and focus on bigger and better things, although i do still masturbate to porn every couple days, for "therapeutic/medicinal purposes" lmao, gotta drain the prostate somehow lol. Also, Caffeine antagonizes the Adenosine A2A receptor, so consuming Caffeine/Coffee should antagonize the Adenosine A2A receptor and in turn increase the activity of the Dopamine 2 receptor, which can increase libido. Aside from Mucuna, you can try Tyrosine, which is the precursor to the L-Dopa found in Mucuna, so Tyrosine turns into L-Dopa (and a few other things like thyroid hormones) in the body, so Tyrosine may be useful as well, although Mucuna is really good, i personally haven't yet tried Tyrosine but it's said Tyrosine has a limit on how much is metabolized into L-Dopa, whereas taking the L-Dopa in Mucuna (which Mucuna is not to be confused with pure L-Dopa) you get more L-Dopa i guess.

Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:37 pm

Well, I took the cipro maybe 1 or 2 years ago, I don't remember well, but time has passed since I took it. I don't know if I'm lacking magnesium now but I'm again with muscle twitches, paresthesias, the jaw tightening...

Mucuna pruriens didn't help with my libido. I would say that it even messed with it. And that is my main problem. My libido is usually very low. Sometimes I try to masturbate and I don't feel pleasure, orgasms are hard to reach and when they come they feel like urinating semen. It's awful, very frustrating. I don't know if this is caused by the prostatitis only or if another problem is involved. Usually, I can't have an erection without touching my penis and I must touch it constantly to maintain it, because if I stop it deflates immediately. But doctors can't provide an explanation for this rather than "it's psychological".

I didn't know about berberine. It seems that it can have anti-bacterial effects also. I'm quite sure that the culprit in my case is the enterococcus faecalis (a bacteria). The problem is that I'm now very short of money and I can't afford it (I have seen that it cost almost 30 Euros!).

If you have that high libido you say then maybe your problem is not the same as mine. I'm the opposite of you. I miss my libido so bad. Sometimes it returns for a few days but always at 60% or 70%, I would say. Then it goes away again for weeks. There must be an explanation for this but I can't figure it out.

I have searched for tulsi's half-life but I haven't found it. I'm taking the infusions 2 or 3 times in a day.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:25 am

Chav, it's probably a lack of magnesium with the muscle twitching. Magnesium plays a role in the sphincter functioning of the body, and relaxes muscles as well. Look up Dr. Carolyn Dean on youtube and checkout some of her videos, she's really good. I take her product called ReMag every day. Lately, it's become easier to urinate, I am thinking it's due to the added calcium and mag I am taking. Mag and Calc need to be in a 1:1 ratio from what I've read.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:20 am

Yeah Chav, definitely look into and supplement with some Magnesium, it doesn't matter how long ago you took the Cipro, most people are deficient in Magnesium anyways, even without things like Cipro lol, so it may very well help with the muscle twitching and jaw tightening and paresthesias. If you don't notice any relief right from the get go, don't worry, keep taking the Magnesium, maybe up the dosage a bit until you feel something, it can take a few days to a few weeks or so to really build up your Magnesium levels but it should help, i'm pretty sure.

Does you penis feel numb? Mine did for awhile there, that issue has since been resolved, seems like more of an issue when the prostate is pretty inflamed, whereas these days for me it's definitely not nowhere near as inflamed and so that issue seems to have faded. The urinating semen thing, is the semen watery/liquidy rather than normal looking semen? Is it yellow or white? My semen seems normal if i ejaculate like once every 1 to 2 days, the longer i go without ejaculation the more watery/liquidy it appears and the more yellow it can look. Also as far as erections go, look into some sort of vasodilator, although i myself don't usually have an issue getting it up, vasodilators work well for helping to get a stiffy.

Also be aware that stress and depression can also impact libido, which this condition can be quite stressful/depressive so it may also be worth looking into some good anti-anxiety/stress remedies, for me Lemon EO and Mucuna seems to be working for me. For depression, if you feel at all depressed, me personally i would recommend maybe looking into a low to moderate dosage of Psychedelic/Entheogenic Psilocybin-containing mushrooms (maybe with 3 to 4 grams of dried Lemon Balm in the mix to help smooth out the come up and reduce fear/panic/anxiety), it'll help reignite a spark in your life you probably haven't felt in a long time or even knew about lol. They're doing some good scientific research these days with Psychedelics for things like anxiety, depression, end of life fear of death for terminally ill cancer patients, and for psychotherapy, though of course Psychedelics are illegal in pretty much all parts of the world, so there is that concern, but imo, who gives a crap about the law, especially when sick people need medicinal help/aid?

When you tried Mucuna, what exactly did you try? There's some good sources out there, and some not so good sources. I take a standardized Mucuna extract that i can get pretty cheaply on ebay, and it works great, it's what i've been taking twice a day for 10 months now and hasn't lost it's benefits. Whereas i've tried some Mucuna bean powder which really all i noticed from that was a headache and a little bit of an L-Dopa feel mixed with a kind of plant feel, but other than that, i prefer the extract. As i said, my issue with an overactive sex drive has been all my life, and i think has more to do with an overactive Dopamine 2 receptor, so i take Lemon EO to reduce the activity of the D2 receptor to reduce my libido, hence the reason i haven't felt much libido enhancement from Mucuna so far. So you may just need to find the right dosage of Mucuna and take it more regularly, you could've just not been taking enough. It took me a few months to notice some of it's more long term benefits, but i saw some benefits right from the get go. Also keep in mind a lot of people abuse stimulants for their libido enhancing effects, and stimulants work on Dopamine and Noradrenaline, so does Mucuna, and Mucuna is apparently said to be good for increasing libido and sexual desire, so i'm sure it's capable of it.

Yeah Berberine can be expensive, depending on the source, they also sell out quickly i've noticed. If you can't find a good cheap Berberine supplement (when you do have the money), perhaps try finding some Berberine-containing plant like Goldenseal, or Barberry or something, should work just as well i'm thinking, if not better since you'd have other compounds from the plant in the mix that could also contribute to anti-bacterial and anti-fungal effects. Just remember you'd wanna take a P-Glycoprotein inhibitor like Milk Thistle with it, like you do using Piperine for Curcumin.

As for the Tulsi, idk how often you'd need to take it, but if you could get enough and there's no side-effects from high dosages, i would say just make a large batch of tea and take a good dosage multiple times a day, at least for a few days to a week or two and see if it's doing anything. Sometimes some things can do something, because the half-life is short or something the effects will wear off and so it can be a bit difficult to determine if it's actually working, what dosage is needed, how many times a day to take it, how long to take it for, etc. It's can be a very long and challenging process but it's trial/error.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:21 pm

Inflamed,

And how can I know if I'm taking magnesium and calcium at 1:1 ratio ? That's the question. Since these days I'm avoiding dairy maybe I also lack calcium? I'm going to give Ergybase a try again, it's a supplement with salts that has calcium, potasium and magnesium, among other things. When I took it several months ago I got an improvement in my libido and orgasms but I don't know if it was a coincidence because after a few days it faded away again. Because sometimes I have those mysterius improvements it is difficult to tell if a supplement is causing it or not.

AyaGuy2012,

Yes, my penis usually feels numb. When I have those mysterious improvements I can notice it even before ejaculating, because it feels different. The arousal is also different. When it feels numb there is 0 arousal, nothing. The semen comes almost always in lumps. Sometimes the lumps can be that solid that one could grab it with the fingers. And it's not lack of water because I drink plenty of it. Maybe the bacterial infection causes the semen to look like that. I have also noticed that when I have an improvement the semen doesn't come in lumps. So it's related.

The erection is not the big problem. I mean, sometimes I have morning erections and the penis feels numb. It's hard to reach the orgasm and when it comes it's like urinating semen, no pleasure. So erection problems doesn't seem caused by circulation problems. It seems caused by a lack of arousal and an inflamed prostate.

I can't remember what mucuna it was. It was years ago. But I remember how my libido decreased.

The problem, in my case, with herbs that are supposed to rise libido, is that I have a chronic infection in my prostate (I'm sure about that). So, maybe the libido and weak orgasms problem are caused by that infection and that is why those herbs doesn't help. I need to find a way to clean the infection. I think that when I have those improvements I mentioned, the infection, by some reasons I can't grasp, is weakened. And that releases my libido and my orgasms a little.

I have took maca, some ayurvedic supplement with a lot of libido raising herbs in it (which I can't remember the names), and others and my libido never moved. It was like taking nothing. Very frustrating.

And about laws, Yohimbe which I have read that can help with the libido and prostatitis and I suspect that may help in my case, is illegal here in Spain and I don't know how to get it. The problem is not ignoring or not ignoring the laws, it's that I can't find it because when I look into online stores it's banned from my country. I can't order it.

Maybe if I could clean the infection, maca or mucuna would raise my libido or even make the orgasms more intense, but it's infected down there, it doesn't hurt in my case, but when I urinate or ejaculate I notice clearly that it's congested and stinging.

How can I remove that infection, that have lasted more than 5 years (maybe more than 10), that is the big question.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:58 am

Chav, say you take 400mg of calcium, then take 400mg of magnesium. That's a 1:1 ratio. Basically the same amount of each.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:22 pm

Yes, but what about the food? It's difficult to calculate.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:02 pm

I've noticed the longer i abstained from ejaculation, the more it seemed the prostate inflammation went down a bit and things seemed to improve a little bit, then i'd ejaculate and things would get a bit worse again. The lumpy semen imo seems to just be some sort of congealing of semen, particularly if one hasn't ejaculated in a bit, i've got them too when i was waiting like 7 or more days between ejaculation, but if i ejaculate regularly that doesn't seem to happen. The penis numbness will go away as the condition improves, mine has and don't really feel any numbness anymore since i've been taking the Berberine and Fluconazole, however it is still rather sensitive sometimes and i still get some minor burning when peeing here and there. Another thing that can be an issue, at least ime, is constipation and gas, a lot of the time i need to poop before i can pee because of the difficulty in starting urination and feeling like i need to pass gas or poop, so constipation and gas can also definitely hinder urination.

It's possible the lack of libido is due to the prostate infection and when things improve so too does your libido, for me personally before i started taking the Lemon EO my libido was just fine/as usual, so i personally didn't notice any difference when it came to my libido, so i would think maybe some sort of supplementation will bring your libido back, although i'm sure stress/anxiety can play a role in a lack of libido, and possibly the infection too, but i would definitely recommend some Magnesium and Mucuna or Tyrosine, not sure if it'll help with the libido but i'm thinking Mucuna or Tyrosine might. Have you tried a combination of Saw Palmetto and Pygeum Africanum yet? If not, i highly recommend it, idk if it'll improve your libido but it has definitely helped me feel a lot more comfortable down there, i've tried taking just one or the other and it didn't work as well as both combined, i take a capsule of each twice a day, also seems to help improve the urgency/frequency of urination which is especially helpful for bed time. I've tried red and black Maca before, didn't really notice much of anything from them, especially in terms of libido.

"How can I remove that infection, that have lasted more than 5 years (maybe more than 10), that is the big question." - That is indeed the big question. Hopefully in time we will find the answer. I certainly believe it's possible to recover from this, just gotta figure it out and find the right remedies/method, easier said than done, but it is possible i do feel.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:05 pm

The problem is that I can get lumpy semen ejaculating daily. I think that is not normal.

It seems that I should give berberine a try (I already took fluconazole and it didn't do anything). Before taking the berberine did you suffered also weak orgasms and numbness/low pleasure in the penis?

I can remember that I took years ago a multi-vitamin supplement for hair-loss that had pygeum africanum and mucuna pruriens on it, supposedly to inhibit the pass from testosterone to dihydrotestosterone. I stopped it after about a week totally scared because it made my libido really bad. It remembered me when I was on anxiolytics and my orgasms took an eternity to reach, and they were weak. That supplement with those two herbs were one of the things that I was suspecting to have got me into this problem, before I knew that I had a prostatitis. And still today I think that maybe it triggered or worsened the prostatitis. So, I find weird that you refer to those herbs as libido enhacers.

What is making me really worry is not the low libido, I mean, the lack of psychological arousal. It's the lack of pleasure which comes with it. Sometimes I can masturbate and just don't feel pleasure. I mean, I feel my penis, of course, it's not anesthetized, but the electric and hot/fresh pleasure that should be there is not there. The penis doesn't "ask" myself to ejaculate. It is like I must force it to ejaculate. The "road" to the orgasm is tasteless and when the "orgasm" comes there is no pleasure. The contractions are weak and few. Of course, if I'm a week without ejaculating sometimes it improves a little but not what I would expect after that time. Sometimes I have been a week without ejaculating and I can't have an erection just thinking or watching something erotic. That's not normal. After that time without ejaculating my penis should be getting erect and "asking" me to ejaculate at the minimum mental stimulus.

My anxiety comes in part because I don't know why is this happening to me. No clue. If it's the prostatitis only why are not all men with prostatitis describing these symptoms? Is my prostatitis a cause or a consequence of another problem? I have been a lot of years without my normal libido, except for those mysterious improvements that I mentioned. I feel like an eunuch. I can't picture myself having a normal libido, getting pleasurable erections only by thinking about hot things. I can't remember what that felt like.

I have not costipation. In fact, sometimes I suffer from diarrhea or semi-diarrhea, but that goes by periods.

I have no clue and doctors didn't help me. I'm simply trying the supplements I can afford to see if something works. Sometimes I get an improvement and I don't know if it was the supplement, the diet or what. Then it goes back to the same numbness and lack of pleasure. It's very frustrating masturbating and knowing that you won't feel pleasure even when you ejaculate. It causes sadness and frustration. And if, like in my case, it last years and years it can be really depressing. The only thing that makes me have hope is those improvements. They can last 2 days or almost a week. I feel like gambling when masturbating, because it may have improved and have a decent pleasure and arousal (I would say that it never is 100%, though) or it may be a frustrating sensation of void.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:00 pm

Yeah i only noticed the lumpy semen if i didn't ejaculate for awhile, waiting a day between ejaculation seems to give me more regular looking semen or watery prostatic fluid. Speaking of which, the Pygeum Africanum helps to increase the expression of prostatic fluid so it makes it more watery but also i'd imagine helps get more of the infection out. As for the supplement that possibly had Pyegum and Mucuna in it, i'm not sure you would've gotten a good enough dosage of those from a multi-vitamin supplement to do much of anything, but yeah Pygeum and Saw Palmetto are supposed to inhibit the conversion of Testosterone to DHT. There's nothing to be afraid of ime/imo, i definitely recommending giving the combination of Pygeum and Saw Palmetto a try, i don't think it would have any effect on your libido, in fact when i first started taking it i did notice a bit of an increase in libido, but it definitely helps things feel quite a bit better down there, so if i were you i'd definitely giving it another try for a bit and see if it works, it may take a few days or so for the benefits to be noticed, but i for one can not do without Saw Palmetto and Pygeum, i've tried to stop taking them and some symptoms came back, i tried taking one or the other and they didn't help nearly as much as they do in combination. Mucuna on the other hand doesn't affect the conversion of Testosterone to DHT as far as i'm aware, though i do think it can increase Testosterone a little bit, as well as HGH. I'm pretty sure they didn't cause or worsen the prostatitis. Towards the beginning of my issues, i did take some Flomax and had retrograde ejaculation which i think could've perhaps worsened my prostatitis but i'm not sure. Pygeum and Saw Palmetto may not enhance the libido but Mucuna should. In terms of libido, i'm pretty sure it'll get better for you as the condition improves, so too will the lack of pleasure, at least ime, which has more to do with the prostate inflammation and penis numbness.

The numbness and lack of pleasure for me improved while on Cipro and Pygeum/Saw Palmetto but would come back here and there because while the Cipro helped, it didn't help completely so symptoms would return occasionally, but since i've been taking Berberine and Fluconazole, even just the Fluconazole before Berberine was added in, i haven't noticed any numbness and lack of pleasure, just some sensitivity and redness. If you can find an anti-fungal or anti-biotic that responds/is sensitive/not resistant to whatever has infected you, your symptoms will improve, i guarantee you. Have you tried having a doctor test your semen for what is infecting the prostate? Have you ejaculated and then urinated into a bottle/jar and let it sit for a few days to see if anything grows in it? From what i've read, doctors don't usually test for fungal prostatitis, or they end up missing it because they don't wait a few days for the culture to grow or something iirc, if you can find out if it's bacterial or fungal, you should then be able to find a medicine that is sensitive to it and should help, especially if you notice some symptom improvement while on it, whereas medicines that doesn't affect your infection won't do much of anything or may help a bit but things keep coming back. But i'm pretty sure, if you can find a good anti-fungal or anti-biotic that responds to the infection, it should definitely start improving your symptoms, though i would definitely recommend try different anti-fungals and see if it's fungal over bacterial because most doctors just prescribe anti-biotics. The urologist i went to who gave me the Bactrim and Cipro, i had asked him for some Fluconazole because i already had a yeast infection due to the Bactrim, and he wouldn't give me the Fluconazole which ultimately was what i needed all along, or partly anyways.

The anxiety definitely comes because of the infection, i went through a hell of a time with anxiety, stress and paranoid, unable to relax because i couldn't get my urination to start, and it didn't make my situation any better that around this time i was hanging out with a girl i liked and anytime she was around i couldn't piss to save my life lol, it was horrific and very very uncomfortable and stressful. Then i found Lemon EO and it was a life saver for the anxiety/stress, without it i surely would've went mad and thought about just killing myself because it truly was the most stressful time of my life when all this stuff started. But in the last almost 3 years, the anxiety hasn't been there much at all, sometimes i still get some anxiety, particularly if i smoke Cannabis but the Lemon EO helps out a lot. and since i've added in Mucuna, i really don't have any anxiety at all these days.

And yeah i have diarrhea too, however i also have some gut inflammation which makes passing gas difficult, which gas and the need to poop puts pressure around the muscles and makes peeing even more difficult, but it's a bit easier to pee after i poop or pass gas.

And yeah, if you find something that helps with the infection, the symptoms will improve and won't come back, if you find something that only halfway helps, it can improve the symptoms but the symptoms can come back here and there, which is what happened to me on Cipro, the Cipro would halfway help, so symptoms would improve, but when i'd ejaculate the symptoms would worsen again and the infection would re-grow back so while i was seeing some improvement, the infection kept coming back and i never really progressed passed a certain point. Then i started taking the Berberine and Fluconazole and haven't had that issue yet, that i've noticed, so i'm hoping i'm on the right track here. Idk if Berberine would help you, but heck if you're running out of options to try, i'd definitely consider it or some Berberine containing plant, just remember that you may not find one thing that takes care of the problem, you may need to mix a few different things together to get the best benefits, so while Fluconazole may not have done anything for you, it potentially could in combination with Berberine and Milk Thistle, and is certainly also worth trying just to see what happens because what other choices do you have? Though if Fluconazole definitely does not work, another anti-fungal with Berberine potentially could, do not give up hope, try anything and everything, so long as there is hope, it's not a lost cause. You gotta get into experimentation mode and really test things out, there's gotta be something out there that will help you.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:48 pm

I have done several tests the last years. Enterococcus faecalis is the bacteria that have appeared most of the times. No fungus appeared, but that doesn't mean that there is not a hidden fungal infection. The problem is that they make an antibiogram that supposedly shows the antibiotics to what that bacteria is sensitive, but you take one of them and it doesn't work inside your body. I realized that that method is wrong and I stopped doing tests and going to urologists, because that is the only thing they do.

So, I know at least that there is a chronic bacterial infection in my prostate which no one antibiotic affected. I need to find a way to clean it but it's difficult without help.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:25 am

Searching simply by Berberine and enterococcus faecalis I have found an article that says this:

Quote:
Enterococcus faecalis (E. faecalis) is one of the major causes of biofilm infections. Berberine hydrochloride (BBH) has diverse pharmacological effects; however, the effects and mechanisms of BBH on E. faecalis biofilm formation and dispersion have not been reported. In this study, 99 clinical isolates from the urine samples of patients with urinary tract infections (UTIs) were collected and identified. Ten strains of E. faecalis with biofilm formation ability were studied. BBH inhibited E. faecalis biofilm formation and promoted the biofilm dispersion of E. faecalis. In addition, sortase A and esp expression levels were elevated during early E. faecalis biofilm development, whereas BBH significantly reduced their expression levels. The results of this study indicated that BBH effectively prevents biofilm formation and promotes biofilm dispersion in E. faecalis, most likely by inhibiting the expressions of sortase A and esp.

Since we can't post links in this forum I quote the contents of the study.

Does this mean that maybe Berberine is a good option to break E. faecalis biofilms?

Was it that what you were taking? Ayaguy. Berberine Hydrochloride?

Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:28 pm

Yeah i came across that when doing a little research earlier. And yeah i take Berberine HCL, 450mgs to 500mgs 3 to 4 times a day, along with a capsule of Milk Thistle extract with each dose of Berberine to inhibit P-Glycoprotein and increase Berberine's bioavailability, but you may wanna check out both Berberine HCL and Goldenseal or some other Berberine containing plant as the plants also have other compounds which also have antibacterial properties and such.

In my little bit of research earlier, these things came up as effective against Enterococcus Faecalis - Garlic, Goldenseal/Berberine, Tea Tree oil, Myrrh (Melaleuca Alternifolia), Moxifloxacin, Neem oil/extract, Pau D’Arco, and Baikal Skullcap. I believe Tea Tree oil can be ingested in a low dosage (like a few drops or so of the oil) but high dosages should be avoided and it should be used carefully/safely if one plans to ingest it, i've ingested i think up to 5 drops iirc of Tea Tree oil, didn't notice anything particularly dangerous about it but i'm sure you wouldn't wanna overdo it. The Moxifloxacin i included because i came across a case report where at least one guy recovered from his Enterococcus-related prostatitis, dunno if you've tried that one yet but if all else falls short who knows, may be worth a try. From what i saw though, Berberine/Goldenseal, Garlic (or perhaps pure Allicin but actual Garlic may be better), and Myrrh (some sort of tincture from the resin perhaps) may help out, or some of the others. Also, idk if Clove or Clove EO would do anything, or if Zinc supplementation would do anything, but i figured i'd add those to the list anyways, just in case.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:11 pm

Hi Chav!

I've Enterococcus faecalis too. I tried one week Ampicillin/Sulbactam with no effect and 1 week Fosofomycin - I had to stop because of side effects. My desease last now 1,5 years and I still have no diagnosis (altough I am a physcian) and still have no idea. I'am very sceptical with this Enterococcus faecalis. I'am quite sure it is only one (or maybe none) part of the problem. Remember there a several studies that show that a lot of men have this bug with no problems. In your case I would say phage therapie could be a solution. But with antibiotics you proberly can't kill this infection. In my case I don't mind about this Enterococcus. I tolerate antibiotics very bad. A 4 week therapie is not possible for me. So, if I can't change it, I 've to life with this bug. A solution could be to strenth the immune system. The bug means nothing - the milieu is everything. The body has a self healing capacitiy. When you always stick with this idea, there is bug...I 've to clear it otherwise I can't become healthy again... the self healing will not work. Just my toughts.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next