Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Booked a flight next month to the Philippines for treatment 

Post Re: Booked a flight next month to the Philippines for treatm
Yeah, I'm in the states, unfortunately Toronto is a long ways away. I have a doc here that does the EPS procedures, I could probably go there every other day, so I'd have to work all that out.

I really need to learn how to do it myself though, would save so much hassle.

Thu May 10, 2018 3:07 pm

I hope I will be good to go in 6 weeks. The doc said most likely since I'm doing 4 massages a week. If my WBCs drop to a low number then I should be fine from what he said. Then have to get rid of the yeast thats the last step. The itra is 100mg once a day. I take it after lunch. The sultamicillin is 375mg twice a day once in morning and once at night. I was scared taking new antibiotic due to having bad effects from cipro ive took cipro like 4 times in my life the last time was really bad my joints are still jacked upfrom it. Doc was surprised they gave me such a high dose of cipro right out the gate. He said he usually does 250mg twice a day. Ive had 500mg twice a day every time they prescribed me

Thu May 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Inflamed wrote:
Hey teddude, do they think you'll be good to go within the 6 weeks you're there? Have you thought about figuring out the prostate massage thing after you leave? Prostate454 has had some success in the self massage arena, he's got some good posts.

I dont know if I want to learn to massage myself doesn't seem to easy to do it proper. Maybe, who knows.

Thu May 10, 2018 9:01 pm

tehdude789 wrote:
Inflamed wrote:
Hey teddude, do they think you'll be good to go within the 6 weeks you're there? Have you thought about figuring out the prostate massage thing after you leave? Prostate454 has had some success in the self massage arena, he's got some good posts.

I dont know if I want to learn to massage myself doesn't seem to easy to do it proper. Maybe, who knows.

Hey tehdude789, i also think that self prostate massage would be more convenient than having to go to a doctor to do it. Just not sure if it would be safe and effective. Maybe u can try asking the doc in Phillipines if they think using a prostate massage tool like the Njoy Pure Wand or Therawand would be a good idea?

Thu May 10, 2018 10:59 pm

Ya I'm sure its beneficial its just hard to track progress. Everyday they run my fluid for testing and from what I was informed it takes a while before we reach the back of the prostate with massages and antibiotics. The way I was explained is that ejaculation and prostate massage usually drain the closer prostate glands it takes a while to get to the back. Some of us with longer infections the majority of the build up is in the back. My ultrasound showed I have the majority of the infection in the back of the prostate. That's why it keeps coming back after we finish antibiotics. I am starting to masturbate everyday now on top of the massages the doctor said it could help. The more I learn the more I hate this disease honestly I'm never having unprotected sex again till I know my partner is thoroughly tested. Very frustrating.

Fri May 11, 2018 1:09 am

tehdude789 wrote:
So today had another massage followed by a trans rectal ultrasound wasn't too fun but informative haha. They were able to identify that there was more inflammation on the left side of my prostate than the right. Also I have a little bit of calcified stones but he said shouldn't be anything to worry about its common in most people mine were tiny. I was also informed that my seminal ducts had a little bit of blockage. He recommended to ejaculate more. I actually was only masturbating once or twice a week prior to the treatment. On side note what i've noticed now when I ejaculate after its more liquid and there's more volume prior to treatment it was very thick. I feel pretty good I don't really have too many symptoms at this point just slightly increased urgency especially after masturbating or massage I want to urinate more.

tehdude789, I kinda went in the opposite direction. Had "resurrection of ejaculatory ducts" Surgery performed. in-fact 3 times ,along with A utricle cyst removed. It basically involved enlarging the opening with a scraper or laser. My left seminal Vesicle was full, even backing up into the vas deferns, after 2nd surgery I felt like things were finally turning around. pressure on prostate dropped significantly.follow up MRI, can see my left prostate lobe larger than right but doc not concerned...and I also have a calcium deposit within the left lobe. My prostate still bothers me, especially after ejaculation... Some diet changes and health supplements along with lifestyle changes have kept life tolerable right now.. however I would definitely benefit from from the procedure your having done.. keep up the posts!!

Fri May 11, 2018 11:41 am

Yeah this disease is frustrating and seems very complicated but i think you are on a good path. Sounds like the treatment is helping a lot. Did the doc say you should find a way to continue with the massages post treatment for maintenance? Or once the infection is gone then massages won't be necessary anymore?

Sat May 12, 2018 8:15 pm

I will ask this week about self massage. I got 4 more weeks hopefully can get my WBC count down lowest its been is 40 but it ranges from 50-80 post massage. If can't get it down this will be for nothing or Ill have to maybe come back for longer treatment I dunno. Crossing my fingers. Ive had 8 massages so far.

Sat May 12, 2018 9:37 pm

Damn, that sounds stressful but try not to sweat it man. You still got 16 more massages to go. Hopefully by then it should go down, but if not then at least you will know that it takes longer than 6 weeks to get rid of this infection.

Sat May 12, 2018 11:13 pm

hi tehdude789. how are you so far? can we meet if you have time? because i live in manila. maybe we can have some dinner if you want just to have some information. ty

Sun May 13, 2018 5:58 am

Sooo got some bad news they found a new bacteria now that we are deeper into the prostate... klebsiella bacteria light growth its intestinal bacteria number 2 to ecoli. Doc thinks the majority of the problems are from the staph since it was in the front and causing most of my symptoms. The antibiotic im taking now doesn't do anything to the Kleb. The ones that do kill the Kleb is cipro and levo which ive had bad reactions to but whats funny is cipro and levo the staph is resistant to lol since Cipro is the most common one docs have gave me. They are running a big panel on what else can kill the Kleb since I dont want to be floxed and have side effects. Crossing my fingers. I hate this disease. He said most likely I got the Kleb from STI and been sitting deep in my prostate. Just fyi ive been very sexual active most my life with different partners I guess i'm paying for it now. At least most my symptoms are gone for now but knowing they can come back if I dont get rid of all this crap is the frustrating part.

Thu May 17, 2018 2:10 am

You said that most of your symptoms are gone now since you are taking antibiotics to target the staph which the doctors think is causing the most problems. What if you only kill the staph but not take antibiotics for the kleb? Sounds like the kleb isn't causing much problems? What does the doctor think about leaving the kleb alone and avoiding cipro?

Also, you should look into phages. They are viruses that kill bacteria and only specific bacteria, they don't harm the good bacteia in your stomach. Imo, i think they are much safer than antibiotics. There's a place in Georgia (European country) that uses this kind of treatment. But be careful because there is actually two places in Georgia that offer this treatment and one of them is a scam.

Thu May 17, 2018 5:22 am

The kleb didn't grow when we cultured yesterday so there may not be a lot of it in there. Going to culture again on Monday. I recommended fofsomycin to the doc he said its a good antibiotic and usually one of the later resorts but besides that we have a few antibiotic options. Fofso should hopefully hit the staph and kleb. Good news is my prostate is much softer now after 3 weeks of drainage. I know a lot of you guys are reading this and want to just try antibiotics without testing and I suggest you don't from what Ive learned thats a bad choice you are going to end up getting resistant bacteria if you don't kill it. Prostate massage should be first line of treatment from what my doc says antibiotics are second. Find a doc that knows what he is doing and start there.

Fri May 18, 2018 11:03 am

Fosfo is a pretty benign medication, you should be good with that one man. Thanks for the updates, keep em comin'.

Fri May 18, 2018 3:17 pm

tehdude any update?

Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:55 am

flew back lowest my wbc got was in the 30s symptoms pretty much gone but I will have to come back again for treatment

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:03 am

Good Morning!

I hope that this post finds you all well. I am a female, Legal Nurse. I am doing research for my employer as his 25 year old son has been struggling with severe Prostatitis for over a year now. I have been reading threads on this forum as I have found very little clinical information to go on. It seems that most of the published medical papers involve injections into the prostate, which from what I understand is a "last resort" type of treatment as it often does more harm than good.

I have found such good information on this website - better than anywhere else, so thank you so much for posting your stories.

So many of you are having good results with prostate massage and doctors that are really delving deep to figure out what type of infection or fungus is at the root of your disease. I am hoping that you will share with me the names of the doctors that are treating you so that I can pass this information on. My boss is blessed to have the means to send his son for therapy, he just doesn't know where to go and who to see.

I would be so appreciative if you could help.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:55 am

jharrell wrote:
Good Morning!

I hope that this post finds you all well. I am a female, Legal Nurse. I am doing research for my employer as his 25 year old son has been struggling with severe Prostatitis for over a year now. I have been reading threads on this forum as I have found very little clinical information to go on. It seems that most of the published medical papers involve injections into the prostate, which from what I understand is a "last resort" type of treatment as it often does more harm than good.

I have found such good information on this website - better than anywhere else, so thank you so much for posting your stories.

So many of you are having good results with prostate massage and doctors that are really delving deep to figure out what type of infection or fungus is at the root of your disease. I am hoping that you will share with me the names of the doctors that are treating you so that I can pass this information on. My boss is blessed to have the means to send his son for therapy, he just doesn't know where to go and who to see.

I would be so appreciative if you could help.

If his case is bacterial prostatitis, then I highly recommend using phages to get rid of the infection. There is a place in eastern Europe (Georgia) that provides this kind of treatment. The place is called Eliava Phage Therapy. But please be careful not to go to the wrong one because there is another place in Georgia that claims to offer this treatment but they are scammers. Make sure the place is Eliava Institute aka Eliava Phage Therapy. I know someone who has bacterial prostatitis and went there to get treatment and now his symptoms are improving every day. He is still taking phages and will be for another 3 months. Last time I spoke with him he said he is 50% better. I can imagine that using phages combined with prostate massage would help a lot.

Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:05 am

Thank you eadk for your kind reply!

Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:29 am

jharrell wrote:
Thank you eadk for your kind reply!

Hi Jh,

The first approach should be EPS, semen, and possibly urine cultures sent off to Microgen labs for PCR testing. Once any pathogens have been identified, research should be done to locate either the proper antibiotics which penetrate the prostate while eradicating pathogens, or phage therapy. Phages are becoming very popular since they are a targeted approach and have far less side effects than antibiotics. Adding routine prostate massages is also helpful as it helps drugs penetrate better from what we've heard.

There's also a poster on the forum named Yakuh, he has a lot lifestyle and dietary modification tips that have helped a few of us. Look up his posts. It's a total health and wellness approach. Stop all sugars and simple carbs, eat organics, probiotics, RO water, etc. for an extended period of time. The diet starves and crowds out pathogenic bacteria, including in the prostate.

The next option would be physical therapy if it's found that prostatitis is caused from a muscular issue. This could include back problems, a misaligned pelvis, weak and tight muscles from sitting too much, etc. You may even want to begin here, prior to going the medication route.

Combine these options and your patient will do much better.

Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2