Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 recently diagnosed with prostatitis 

Post recently diagnosed with prostatitis
i went to my doctor 3 months ago and he said i have prostatitis after many tests and examinations. My symptoms are painful urination especially at the end; frequent and urgency urinating; and some blood in my urine above normal levels. The worst part by far is the burning (or highly intense tingling that becomes painful) at the end when urinating. I have tried three different antibiotics that haven't helped so he believes its a non bacterial prostatitis with no real cure. I have tried warm baths and stopped drinking coffee which were tro suggestions from a friend. I have no pain when ejaculating which is not typical of having prostatitis from what he said. I did have laser vaporization of the prostate about 1.5 yrs ago. That surgery helped my other problem but it prevents semen from escaping out the body through the uretha but stays in.

Does anybody have any suggestions or comments as to how to relieve this burning sensation while urinating?

Thanks

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:43 pm

Post Re: recently diagnosed with prostatitis
Hi,sorry to hear about your pain and discomfort while urinating.I have had chronic prostatitis for 4 years now and there has been periods of time that i have the same pain,discomfort and burning while urinating.I would say that from what tests you had and antibiotics you have been on you have the non bacterial form of chronic prostatitis.To let you know that pain while ejaculating is a very common symptom of prostatitis and many men do experience,maybe you fiend if he does have it is one of the lucky ones that has no pain and discomfort but most do as that is one of the signs.

I would suggest drinking plenty of water and cranberry juice is a good way of keeping the prostate as well as the bladder clean of any possible bacteria that might be in there and flushes it out.Staying away from coffee,soad and alcohol is a good idea.

Good luck and feel better,

Gary :P

Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:30 pm

thanks for your last reply. My urologist says my prostatitis is caused from an inflamed prostate which causes the painful urination. The question that no one seens to be able to answer is why my prostate is inflamed. Its not bacteria since antibiotics dont work. I have a hard time understanding how tight pelvic muscles could cause all these problems but I am not a doctor. Can you help me understand prostatitis better?

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:02 am

Hi,you are welcome for my last relpy.Your prostate being inflamed but with no bacteria showing and why this occurs is still and for many years has been a mystery to the medical field and when they do have an answer maybe then there will be a cure for chronic prostatitis.I don't feel or belive it has anything to do with the pelvic floor muscles. ;)

Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]