Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Is the pain memory real or just an excuse for bad testing 

Post Is the pain memory real or just an excuse for bad testing
People use the theory of pain memory to justify taking antidepressants. The theory says that even though the pain source was eliminated you still had pain because the pain was learnt. And you couldn't unlearn this by yourself, so the only way was to take antidepressants. So taking antidepressants is justified with a theory.

On the other hand, if the pain memory is not real, it means that something is continuosly irritating the pelvic area that hasn't been detected.

In favour of the second alternative speaks that fact that it is unclear, why some antidepressants work in those cases for a limited time.

Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:59 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Is the pain memory real or just an excuse for bad testin
Antidepressants change brain chemistry. Pain killers turn off pain receptors in the brain.

The pain clinic has told me that I can rewire my brain, without drugs, to slow down the pain receptors in the brain.

I don't know anything, but I'm in pain. I feel my muscles in the pelvic floor, they spasm, and my prostate or what I think is my prostate, feels inflamed. It is real to me.

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]