Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Phages journey 

Post Phages journey
Over the past 2 years I have done so much reading and researching like many other people in this situation. I have currently in contact with the Phages centre and in the process of sending a sample for analysis, I have been on numerous antibiotics (strongest being Cipro 750mg twice daily for 8 weeks) and have found these not to work for enterococcus faecalis, its very hard to kill off. Phages seems to be the best medical technology for this hence which is why I am investigating the option. If you would like to me post about my findings and journey please let me know.

I do believe as with myself if you have had these symptons and issues after oral sex, it is not down to guilt, its some form of bacteria, bacteria has different virulence and different effects on each individual. I have had a recent test (private lab) showing heavy growth in my semen of enterococcus faecalis with moderate white blood cells but my NHS doctor and urologist think its all in my head. My symptoms have been listed in previous posts they are all post ejaculation. So let me know if you wanted to me keep posting feedback about the process.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:02 am

Post Re: Phages journey
They never founs bacteria in my urine (docs dont't want to test semen) but i am interested in youre journey.
There was a tv program over phage therapy a few month's ago, the guy they followed to Tiblisi got rid of the infection, even his own uro was suprised.

Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:17 am

YES, Please! This is a very exciting direction of treatment. Please, keep us up to date on your experience. It’s very helpful.

Thanks

Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:00 pm

Jiskefet wrote:
They never founs bacteria in my urine (docs dont't want to test semen) but i am interested in youre journey.
There was a tv program over phage therapy a few month's ago, the guy they followed to Tiblisi got rid of the infection, even his own uro was suprised.

Where are you based? I had this problem in the UK on NHS urine was ok but on private lab had EF bacterial but no white blood cells. Private semen culture showed heavy growth of the same bacteria with moderate white blood cells. I know it’s very hard to get passed doctors as they have a lack of knowledge on this subject.

Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:08 pm

Im from the Netherlands, been to 5 uro's and no one wants to do a semen culture.
They know it's CPPS and there's nothing you can do about it, so go home and have a misserable live and stop bothering me.
I've got this curse after holding pee for abouw 2 hours during a car ride, the worst mistake of my life.
The stupid thing is that I have had a few good days this year, but it always comes back.
I've had the same thing happen to me 10 years ago, but that time the symptoms subsided in about 1-2 years.

Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:52 am

Yes please do keep us informed, thanks.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:59 am

Did you have to go to your doctor to get the authorization for sending the sample?

Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:57 pm

Make sure you are dealing with the right phage centre there...one of them is a scam

Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:06 pm

Semen sample has been sent by DHL to the phages centre in a transport swab, will take 2 - 3 days to arrive, will then update on results.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:12 pm

@CerveloUK, any updates?

I have myself visited the Eliava phage therapy center.

Sun May 06, 2018 3:16 pm

Hi All,

So an update:

I posted my semen sample in a special transportation swab which you can buy online. The Phage Centre test the sample and it came back to confirm my own findings that I have enterococcus faecalis infection in my semen, from prostatitis or epididmytus.

They have tested it against antibiotics and phages and found a phage which it is sensitive too. They have recommended two weeks of treatment at
Some more information on the centre and phages below, it really is the future and for those struggling with antibiotics like I have and the side effect, phages is the future.

Tue May 22, 2018 3:37 pm

I'm interested in phage therapy but I can't afford travelling to another country for now. I also have enterococcus faecalis in my semen which I suspect is difficult to remove because it has been there for years.

My enterococcus faecalis have shown in several cultures sensitive to a lot of antibiotics but it didn't work. I have hope in phages because it seems that they enter the prostate better than antibiotics.

Is that lab that tested your semen by sending it in the UK? How could it cost to send a sample from Spain?

If your bacteria is sensitive to a phage they have, is it possible that they send you the phages by mail to your country so you can do the treatment without travelling there?

Tue May 22, 2018 6:04 pm

Just one thing in mind when you deal with the Phage center(s) in Tbilisi Georgia. Their prices for western are extremly overpriced. Check what the locals are paying at the clinic and the phages pharmacy, you will be chocked! Also no custom phages are included in their packages. They will come on top on what ever you paying. The Phage center always wants you to try standard phages first, even thought your bacteria may have very low sensitivity against them. Just to lurk you to become a patient. They are always super positive to all patients that they can cure you. When you have a tricky case, start to questioning things or complain about the costs. You are not so interesting for them anymore. They may suggest you have to buy a new package. They don't even have an ultrasound to check your prostate. How can they be sure id there are other problems as well? Also getting rid of all the bacteria may not cure you. There may be chronic inflammation, tissue damages, chronic pain and nerve fiber sensibility that persist. This they for sure won't tell you. But, having said all this. I have talked to guys that are nearly cured that have gone there. Also I have talked with guy that have not been helped at all.

Tue May 22, 2018 8:37 pm

It seems there are two centers doing phage therapy in Georgia. One ins a bunch of scamers and the other is de Eliava center, I think. Which one did you go to, Cervelouk?

Wed May 23, 2018 7:53 am

Chavalote wrote:
I'm interested in phage therapy but I can't afford travelling to another country for now. I also have enterococcus faecalis in my semen which I suspect is difficult to remove because it has been there for years.

My enterococcus faecalis have shown in several cultures sensitive to a lot of antibiotics but it didn't work. I have hope in phages because it seems that they enter the prostate better than antibiotics.

Is that lab that tested your semen by sending it in the UK? How could it cost to send a sample from Spain?

If your bacteria is sensitive to a phage they have, is it possible that they send you the phages by mail to your country so you can do the treatment without travelling there?

You can send your semen sample with a special travel swab to the phage centre, they will culture it for you.

Phages seems the only way, antiobiotics just wont work for me and the side effects are too much with multiple courses taken.

Mon May 28, 2018 3:12 pm

Dandy wrote:
Just one thing in mind when you deal with the Phage center(s) in Tbilisi Georgia. Their prices for western are extremly overpriced. Check what the locals are paying at the clinic and the phages pharmacy, you will be chocked! Also no custom phages are included in their packages. They will come on top on what ever you paying. The Phage center always wants you to try standard phages first, even thought your bacteria may have very low sensitivity against them. Just to lurk you to become a patient. They are always super positive to all patients that they can cure you. When you have a tricky case, start to questioning things or complain about the costs. You are not so interesting for them anymore. They may suggest you have to buy a new package. They don't even have an ultrasound to check your prostate. How can they be sure id there are other problems as well? Also getting rid of all the bacteria may not cure you. There may be chronic inflammation, tissue damages, chronic pain and nerve fiber sensibility that persist. This they for sure won't tell you. But, having said all this. I have talked to guys that are nearly cured that have gone there. Also I have talked with guy that have not been helped at all.

Thank you Dandy, I really appreciate you speaking up and giving another view on the centre and treatment, I have found it hard to come across people who have. Have you spoken to people from another forum? I would be really interested in more information from people who have been.

For me all the testing has been done in the UK ultra sound, MRI, cultures, blood tests so I know what is left and how hard it is to get rid of, so I would be visit for the treatment not for any diagnosis.

Mon May 28, 2018 3:14 pm

CerveloUK wrote:
Dandy wrote:

Thank you Dandy, I really appreciate you speaking up and giving another view on the centre and treatment, I have found it hard to come across people who have. Have you spoken to people from another forum? I would be really interested in more information from people who have been.

For me all the testing has been done in the UK ultra sound, MRI, cultures, blood tests so I know what is left and how hard it is to get rid of, so I would be visit for the treatment not for any diagnosis.

Its still a great treatment, if it works for you. But its heavily overpriced. I got rid of some bacterias, but not all my bacteria. They found four bacteria, two are gone. Still two left. I will keep trying get rid of the rest of my bacteria with phages. But as I wrote, just because people get rid of the bacteria. There can be chronic inflammation left in the prostate. If people are based in Europe, there is still the alternative to go and have Phage treatment in Wroclaw Poland.

Mon May 28, 2018 4:55 pm

hi cervelo and dandy,its very interesting to hear your ideas and experiences about phages,my situation is like this ive 3 bacteria and theyve just been found and im using axb on them,they were id by ESP culture.im hoping i can send one packing real quick and the other 2 seem to line up for a phage attack.it may not come to that....hopefully.im a brit but lived in asia most of my life.docs here are a little better at prost probs here than what im hearing from N america.seems real hard work.UK cervelo has been thru the NHS and went private so id like to know his thoughts on that one.i personally am interested in the polish uni setup in wroclaw,it seems high level from an academic perspective.what do u know of that?tblisi i dont know about georgia,its a long way and a little difficult to get to from hongkong ,polands a lot easier.look forward to hearing from you

Wed May 30, 2018 4:00 am

Dandy
Can you please share your experience in more detail?
Are symptoms regressing for you? Do you have calcifications? How long were you in Georgia? How long do you need to stay? What are the prices like?

Thu May 31, 2018 5:45 am

dom_hend wrote:
Dandy
Can you please share your experience in more detail?
Are symptoms regressing for you? Do you have calcifications? How long were you in Georgia? How long do you need to stay? What are the prices like?

Can you please share your experience in more detail? - Do you have any specific questions?
Are symptoms regressing for you? - Every treatment I finish a treatment, my symptoms comes back. I have been to almost all famous doctors around the world: Bahn, Georgiadis, Guercini, ESWT, intravenous antibiotics, Phage treatment etc. Anti inflammatory treatment works much better after Phage and injections however
Do you have calcifications? - Yes, working on eliminating them with EDTA suppositories
How long were you in Georgia?- Have however been there several times. My first package was for 2 weeks. In total maybe I spent maybe 4 weeks in Tbilisi.
How long do you need to stay?- How do you mean? They don't force you to stay or stay longer than you want. You can buy a package and be treated in distance.
What are the prices like? The process of what? Just use Google my friend. You can get drunk pretty drunk on beers on a very few €€. Try to enjoy life and explore Tbilisi if you go there

Cheers!

Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:28 pm

hi dandy it was my understanding that u had killed off one bacteria usinga phage there in georgia but theres still 2 more there,which one was killed and the other 2?IM IN A SIMILAR POSITION.

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:34 pm

-------

Last edited by dom_hend on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:09 pm

Thank you for your input dom.

Did you send a semen culture before you went? How many Bactria did they find?

Hope the treatment is going well.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:43 pm

No I did culture when I got here. Enterococcous and Staph.

Make sure if you come you go ONLY to the real/original clinic. Message me if you need details.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Thanks for the reply.

What were your symptoms?

What treatment plan are you on? Whilst you are there then away?

Thank you for sharing your information, I’m sure it will help a lot of people.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next