Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Why are more people not talking about NAC 

Post Why are more people not talking about NAC
3 days now taking NAC amino acid (3x per day) and feeling almost >95% better. I felt better within hours of the first day and this was not mental.

I literally just joined the form to thank the person (JoeW) who posted about this. I don't understand why others aren't commenting more about it.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1663

I have been having issues for 2.5 years now. Started when I was 38 (9/2015), didn't know what was going on. I am about 220lbs, which is about 40lbs overweight for my 5'9" height. I have a stomach and sit in a chair most of the day. Finally, after two months or discomfort, went to the Uro (11/2015), did tests, all negative and told I had non-bacterial Prostatitis. I was given Levofloxin (DO NOT TAKE THIS STUFF) and Meloxicam/Mobic. After 2 weeks all symptoms had gone away and my life was back to normal. I didn't notice or correlate any side effects from the Levofloxin. I was totally confused b/c why would things clear up with the antibiotic if this was non-bacterial. Weird.

Fast forward about a year later and I am back to feeling bad again. I believe I controlled things over the year with the Mobic (anti-inflamatory), but finally things were not feeling good or getting better. Went back to the original Uro (11/2016) who prescribed me some other med and told me he was not prescribing Levofloxin anymore b/c of its extreme danger. He gave me something else, doxy maybe, which i took, but my clinic physician told me it was for STD and didn't really understand why he would give it to me.

So I went to a recommended Uro (1/2017) b/c I was still not feeling well after the alternate antbiotic. Did all tests again - all negative, sonogram, finger up the backside (first time ever - no big deal), not much else to say - doc says Prostatitis. I was feeling a little better before the appointment, having been drinking wine that weekend, but kept the appointment anyway. Needless to say about a week later, I was feeling discomfort again so I called the Uro and asked if he would give me the Levofloxin, hey I didn't have a reaction last time so thought all good (BIG MISTAKE - THIS STUFF IS DANGEROUS). Got the prescription, took more mobic and two weeks later was feeling fine again. I had also started taking some Saw Palmetto around this time too. However, my feet were hurting me in the morning, planters fasciitis, type symptoms. Would hurt in the morning, first steps. I thought my shoes were bad, and didn't really put 2-and-2 together at the time that this was from the Levofloxin. I think the foot pain ultimately went away after several months.

Fast forward again (6/2017), I was about to go on vacation and was feeling uncomfortable again. No idea why - I stopped drinking coffee, spicy food doesn't cause issues. I can't really explain it. So I go to my physician (not the Uro) and get a script for the Levofloxin again (BIG MISTAKE). Take it a few days while on vacation and wake up one night with my feet really swollen, hurting like hell. Finally (after finishing the 2 weeks) connected the dots that my foot pain is coming from the Levofloxin. I thought it was from bad sandals and playing basketball, etc... No - it's from the tendons being destroyed in my feet by the Levofloxin. I still have pain today two months later every morning. I hope it goes away. The Prostatis symptoms receded once again after the two weeks of Levofloxin, but of course now I am so upset about my feet and also knowing the Prostatitis will come back surely.

About two weeks ago (9/2017) I started to feel it coming again. Urgency to pee, irritation, discomfort, etc. No major major acute pain, no burning while peeing or ejac, just generally feeling uncomfortable. I start taking more of the Mobic and also Advil for a few days. So now I am feeling really screwed. Still feel pretty screwed, hard to believe this may just be the way it is. So I start reading more stuff online. I am now taking Saw Palmetto 3-4x per day, don't really know if it's helping or now.

Early in the week I order Nettle Root and Pygeum Africanum on Amazon and waiting for it to arrive. Reading more on the internet... then I see some posts, just a few, about N-acetylcysteine (NAC). What do i have to lose, so I got to Vitamin Shoppe and buy 200 600mg pills. Take one right away and within hours start to feel better. Unbelievable. I wasn't eating much during the day, had a protein shake and wasn't drinking a lot of water. I think less water is better, to put less pressure on the area, after all we are not trying to flush out our bladder. I have been taking 3 pills a day 1x every 8 hours since Friday morning. I feel almost 100% better.

Finally, the acidity hasn't bothered me at all. It might be what is actually helping. Who the hell knows. No real side effects from it. Bodily function seems good. I really hope and pray this is a solution for me. I need to lose weight, clean my diet and get into the gym, that is definitely part of this too. Good luck.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:17 pm

Post Re: Why are more people not talking about NAC
Thanks for the post! Might try to pick some up this week..

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:34 pm

Didn't work for me.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:29 pm

Didn't feel great yesterday. Also lots of b.s. at work. I don't feel stressed though. Listened to some of the dr sarno book too... Maybe my NAC feeling was placebo. That is why I was so anxious and curious about others not talking more about this amino acid. In respect of dr sarno, I have been considering his approach. Today when I put my work pants on and when the discomforts usually start, I told myself - forget this... Nothing is really wrong with me. Noting my symptoms have been relatively mild compared to others. Well it worked, the bad feeling backed off. Now sitting here at work it's so so... I also need to lose weight and feel positive about that too.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:58 am

Hard to say what is going on. Been feeling pretty darn good Tues and today... NAC and Dr sarno brain thing. Been eating better and also having some hard discussions at work to address problems here. Fingers crossed. I def think this could be mental following the first bout of inflammation which made the nerves and uncomfortable feeling known to me. Seems so hokey, but seems like it's helped others.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:26 pm

Didn't work for me. I took 2x500mg daily for 7 days. But I am still using it from time to time before and after a prostate massage.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:51 pm

maxprostate wrote:
Listened to some of the dr sarno book too...

What book are you listening to?

Have you read A Headache in the Pelvis? I just started reading it and think it makes a lot of sense.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:37 am

The two books are by Dr Sarno. I got the audio books, easy and effective. I have no idea what is going on with me... Last night felt really great, no symptoms at all. Really strong piss flow. Today, so so, however I am quite convinced this is mental and related to tension. I need to lose weight too. I am determined to beat this thing. The body can heal. Nothing is wrong with me. No diseases.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:04 pm

Which titles by Dr. Sarno are you reading? I'm interested in checking them out.

Interestingly, my story is very similar to yours. I stopped taking Cipro after my feet started aching. They still hurt in the morning, but it's only been two weeks since I went off the antibiotic.

My pain is very sporadic. On Wednesday I had terrible pain. Yesterday none. Today just a slight fullness feeling. I'm thinking it's chronic pelvic pain syndrome and not bacterial. It would actually make sense because I hold a lot of my stress in my muscles (which makes them tight). I'm going to have my semen cultured just to be sure. If none is found, I'll focus on my mental state and relaxing the tension in my pelvic muscles.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:51 pm

First was the Mind body Prescription. Then also got the original Healing Back Pain. Not sure if its the same as the cops book. Amazed that this could all be mental, but so easy to focus on an annoying discomfort in that area. I do notice today my urine flow is not as good as last night. I need to lose weight, get all that pressure off my groin area. Sitting all day too sucks.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:45 pm

Sitting definitely exacerbates my pain. I got an inflatable ring and it helps a lot.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:54 pm

So this is pretty wild... yesterday was the best I have felt in weeks, however my right leg was bothering me, for no obvious reason and I have never ever had any pain in this leg. Today feeling good as well (a little worse this evening, probably b/c I have to work tomorrow), but my lower back is killing me. This is the classic back pain that I have been dealing with for 10+ years that has been pretty irregular in the last few years. For some reason, now it's back. The amazing this is that this all exactly relates to the stuff that Dr Sarno is talking about in these books. Who can believe this. I'd rather have the back pain than the prostatitis irritation and the urgency. The back pain is pretty elevated at the moment, but again no reason this should have come on, despite being pretty physically active yesterday and carrying my some for a while. I am going to now try and treat the back pain using the techniques in the books.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:46 pm

Feeling completely better for a few days. This is the first time I ever got this go away without antibiotic or anti-inflammatory. What a relief. Backpain subsided too since Sunday. I will give a full rundown on what I have been taking supplement and vitamin wise. Also been drinking protein shakes for breakfast and lunch, eating a clean dinner fish, rice, veg, fruit.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:49 pm

maxprostate wrote:
Feeling completely better for a few days. This is the first time I ever got this go away without antibiotic or anti-inflammatory. What a relief. Backpain subsided too since Sunday. I will give a full rundown on what I have been taking supplement and vitamin wise. Also been drinking protein shakes for breakfast and lunch, eating a clean dinner fish, rice, veg, fruit.

avoid rice, sugar, sweets, carbs, milk and dairy products and even fruits if you really want to follow a strict diet and feel a remarkable relief. Focus on leafy greens, quinoa, millet, buckwheat, brown basmati rice, organic chicken, wild caught fish, organic eggs, and fermented foods like kefer and sauerkraut, healthy fats like coconut oil for frying and baking and olive oil for salads.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]