Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:59 am



Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 My story from holding to long urine 
Author Message

Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 2:16 pm
Posts: 6
Post My story from holding to long urine
Hello everyone,

have been reading over 2 years on this forum , i basicly had one day where i was driving and holding my urine for too long , it was probably over 3h with a rly full bladder, i went finally home and emptyed the bladder, and tommorow morning i had pain and needed to run to the toilet every 5 minutes. i lost my libido, and felt burning pain . at that point i just thought i had a uti and went to the doctor, urine was clear but he gave me antibiotics just in case of a uti. they did not help ofc and the pain and need to urinite every 5 min stayed . my libido came back and i could masturbate but it feelt wired ( like 40% of sex will is back ) and i did not feel any "pleasure" on top of my penis ( it wasnt numb , i could feel cold , pain , everyting else) . anyway after going to the urologist he said its just an overactive bladder and i need to take alpha blockers, they didnt help ofc and now im stuck with this same problems for over 3 years, i have also IBS someohow . i dont even feel the bladder being half full or full i just feel burning pain on the left side when it has urine inside. my psa is 0.40 so its low, i tried also 4 weeks doksycilin with prosate drainage (was my own idea ) every 2 days , didnt rly help. whatever i do doesnt help.
so my questions are
how come i can feel pain and cold/hot on top of the penis , but not rly a pleasure feeling like before, is that pendudal nerve able to damage with the full bladder, and if so would it feel all numb if it was damaged or are they 2 separated nervers .
second is can i have non bacterial chronic prosatatis from urine going back to the prostate even if it is 0.40 and normal size and i dont feel any pain on orgasm
third is was the ibs with constant diarrhea caused by that holding urine or is it smthing separeted that iv got in the same moment,
and what the hack should i do / test because im out of ideas and the doctors are just telling me that it is nothing, i also started loosing my hair so its driving me crazy thinking all the time that i have a chronic prostatits and it triggered the growth of dht and lost the feel on the p. head .

if someone had something similar would be happy to hear the story so we can help each other out.

Thank you


Sat May 20, 2017 2:09 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:59 am
Posts: 308
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
Poke wrote:
Hello everyone,

have been reading over 2 years on this forum , i basicly had one day where i was driving and holding my urine for too long , it was probably over 3h with a rly full bladder, i went finally home and emptyed the bladder, and tommorow morning i had pain and needed to run to the toilet every 5 minutes. i lost my libido, and felt burning pain . at that point i just thought i had a uti and went to the doctor, urine was clear but he gave me antibiotics just in case of a uti. they did not help ofc and the pain and need to urinite every 5 min stayed . my libido came back and i could masturbate but it feelt wired ( like 40% of sex will is back ) and i did not feel any "pleasure" on top of my penis ( it wasnt numb , i could feel cold , pain , everyting else) . anyway after going to the urologist he said its just an overactive bladder and i need to take alpha blockers, they didnt help ofc and now im stuck with this same problems for over 3 years, i have also IBS someohow . i dont even feel the bladder being half full or full i just feel burning pain on the left side when it has urine inside. my psa is 0.40 so its low, i tried also 4 weeks doksycilin with prosate drainage (was my own idea ) every 2 days , didnt rly help. whatever i do doesnt help.
so my questions are
how come i can feel pain and cold/hot on top of the penis , but not rly a pleasure feeling like before, is that pendudal nerve able to damage with the full bladder, and if so would it feel all numb if it was damaged or are they 2 separated nervers .
second is can i have non bacterial chronic prosatatis from urine going back to the prostate even if it is 0.40 and normal size and i dont feel any pain on orgasm
third is was the ibs with constant diarrhea caused by that holding urine or is it smthing separeted that iv got in the same moment,
and what the hack should i do / test because im out of ideas and the doctors are just telling me that it is nothing, i also started loosing my hair so its driving me crazy thinking all the time that i have a chronic prostatits and it triggered the growth of dht and lost the feel on the p. head .

if someone had something similar would be happy to hear the story so we can help each other out.

Thank you



Unfortunately I don't have a specific answer to your questions but I suggests you to find a good urologists who can do a complete urologic examination. If possible request him to perform cystoscopy so he can determine if there is something in your bladder and urethra that is causing your symptoms. Transrectal ultrasound is another good procedure to give you a clearer picture of your prostate and it's surrounding tissue. If you have determined that your symptoms are not caused by bacterial pathogen then the next step is to find a good physical therapist for a possible pelvic muscle floor issue or a chiropractor for a possible nerve entrapment.


Sat May 20, 2017 3:28 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 2:16 pm
Posts: 6
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
Hi yakuh ,

thank you for taking ur time to help out,

i did have a cystoscopy and the inside of the bladder was fine, the only thing he mentioned is that is was tight getting in to the bladder.
the ultrasound showes only , dont have the picture , but it lookes like the walls are a bit thicker then they should be.thats why the urologist is telling me it is an overactive bladder.
but then again i wouldnt have the burning sensation, pain on the left side when bladder is a bit full an ofc the lost feeling .
i will ask to check the pelvic muscle floor and chiropractor for the nerver part.

hopefully i will be able to help other guys if they end up holding the urine to long,so they dont have to suffer trought this all like me. if i knew this could happend i wouldnt wait 5 min to go to the toilet.thats what i recommend everyone.
Holding urine causes some seroius problems in men.

will update as soon as i know more.


Sun May 21, 2017 8:15 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:12 am
Posts: 309
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
Yakuh, I have noticed over the years with the prostatitis I have symptoms
I went and had Ct scan. It showed diverticulitis in the sigmoid colon
This part of the colon sits up next to the prostate
And causes irritation hence ibs symptoms when you have prostrate pain

Primary cause is the low level inflammation from diverticulosis.


Sun May 21, 2017 3:32 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:59 am
Posts: 308
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
bill_johnstl wrote:
Yakuh, I have noticed over the years with the prostatitis I have symptoms
I went and had Ct scan. It showed diverticulitis in the sigmoid colon
This part of the colon sits up next to the prostate
And causes irritation hence ibs symptoms when you have prostrate pain

Primary cause is the low level inflammation from diverticulosis.



Thanks for mentioning this bill. I have a colonoscopy this coming Wednesday. My gastro doc is suspecting that there's something in my colon that's causing the flare up in my prostate. I will post any update here.

So how are you feeling these days bill? Are your symptoms fully controlled now?


Mon May 22, 2017 3:59 am
Profile

Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:40 am
Posts: 27
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
Hello Poke,

When i read youre post it was like reading my own story.
I also had a drive for about 2,5 - 3 ours and had to urinate but held it in, I just went to the bathroom at home before I left.
3 days later I had to pee every 5 minutes and went to the dokter, she gave me Cipro for 6 weeks but this did no help.
The same thing happened to me 9 years ago, that time the pain and urinary symptoms reduced over the years (never went away completely but was okay)
This time the pain in the pelvic area is still here (almost 3 years), I have had some days with mild pain and urgancy but it always comes back.
I have seen 4 urologist and they al told me to live with it. They only did a urine test and they never found bacteria.
I still hope the pain will get milder over time and urinary frequenty will become better too.


Mon May 29, 2017 11:03 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:59 am
Posts: 308
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
Jiskefet wrote:
Hello Poke,

When i read youre post it was like reading my own story.
I also had a drive for about 2,5 - 3 ours and had to urinate but held it in, I just went to the bathroom at home before I left.
3 days later I had to pee every 5 minutes and went to the dokter, she gave me Cipro for 6 weeks but this did no help.
The same thing happened to me 9 years ago, that time the pain and urinary symptoms reduced over the years (never went away completely but was okay)
This time the pain in the pelvic area is still here (almost 3 years), I have had some days with mild pain and urgancy but it always comes back.
I have seen 4 urologist and they al told me to live with it. They only did a urine test and they never found bacteria.
I still hope the pain will get milder over time and urinary frequenty will become better too.


How frequent is your urination? Every hour or less than an hour? And how old are you?


Mon May 29, 2017 12:25 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:40 am
Posts: 27
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
Hello yakuh11,

I'm 41 years old from the Netherlands.
The time between urination differs a lot, sometimes a half hour then 2 hours.
I had to keep a micture journal for the urologist, the volumes are between 50ml and 300ml nothing to do with the time between toilet visits.
After half an hour 300ml and afer 2 hours 50ml, the urologist didn't even look at it, only that i had to go 12 times a day. This was on a good day.
I have pelvic floor therapy and had myofeedback, the tension in the pelvic floor is a lot less then 2 years ago but the pain is still there.


Mon May 29, 2017 2:37 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:59 am
Posts: 308
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
Jiskefet wrote:
Hello yakuh11,

I'm 41 years old from the Netherlands.
The time between urination differs a lot, sometimes a half hour then 2 hours.
I had to keep a micture journal for the urologist, the volumes are between 50ml and 300ml nothing to do with the time between toilet visits.
After half an hour 300ml and afer 2 hours 50ml, the urologist didn't even look at it, only that i had to go 12 times a day. This was on a good day.
I have pelvic floor therapy and had myofeedback, the tension in the pelvic floor is a lot less then 2 years ago but the pain is still there.


So many factors cause urinary frequency. Did you have your prostate checked through Transrectal Ultrasound to see if it is larger than the normal size? Age can be a factor in prostate size. As we aged our prostate become slightly enlarged in most cases which can result in urinary frequency and urgency. If you had a prostate infection, inflammation can stay longer sometimes for several years even after the infection is gone. I'm 42 and my prostate is slightly enlarged due to inflammation from previous infection. My Uro recommended PROSTATE 5LX which can be ordered from Amazon. It helped me with my urinary frequency after 3-4 weeks of use. 1 capsule 2x a day (morning and evening). Try it.


Mon May 29, 2017 5:09 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:40 am
Posts: 27
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
I have had an ultrasound the prostate was normal, I have used Tamsusolin for several months now without succes.
The pain in the groin and plevic floor is the worst thing, 9 years ago when I had similar problems this subsided quickly.
I have moments during the day without pain, sometimes for several hours but it always returns without any cause.
It can happen when i watch a movie, im having a walk or something else.
According to my pelvic floor therapist my belly muscles are too tight, i can feel my perineum move when hold in my stomach.
I have an appointment with my uro this week to have a flow measurement and to see urine residu in the bladder.
Had this done sometime ago there was a very weak stream (this was always the case in a strange environment) and had more then 120ml residu.
I still had urge and when i came home about 20 minutes later i urinated again with better flow and amount. So i think this is not a realistic measurment.


Tue May 30, 2017 7:59 am
Profile

Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 2:16 pm
Posts: 6
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
Well ,
some ppl say that saw palmetto is helping with urine flow, specially if you have to go in the middle of the night.
i did not have any relief with saw palmetto ( or stinging nettle root ) though.feel that this would help more if it was a prostate problem. bhp starts also around 40 years .

I hope this will help some people with finding at least the symptoms it takes couple minutes to read through but i found 90% of my symptoms here. (i hope i uploaded it correctly)

http://imgur.com/a/pUNg9

problem again with this is that the urologist is saying that im to young (30y old) or the psa level (0.46 ) is to low for prostatitis. and yes these symptoms could also come from Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome or from a overactive bladder , std or who knows what all , so i dont rly know what to believe.

i did change my urologist like you "Jiskefet" but it was pretty much same answer.

i do believe that our body is to complicated for some urologist and that they dont rly know or care or dont wanna invest the time for us, but i guess thats why we are here , to try to help each other out :)


Tue May 30, 2017 5:36 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:40 am
Posts: 27
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
I have read the paper in tour link, they are very clear about holding in urine is the main cause of prostatitis.
Too bad they dont have a cure for it.
I wish I knew this earlier in life, then i would not have this condition.
Many docters and urologist i visited said that it is not possible to get prostatitis by holding urine.
I dont know if i still have an infection, there are good days and very bad days.
Knowing that it is my own fault that i have this condition isn't helping.


Wed May 31, 2017 3:54 am
Profile

Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 2:16 pm
Posts: 6
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
yes, same thing is what im hearing, but doctors are just not machines and dont rly know everything.
the only problem is that all these symptoms can come from so diffrent things, and u have to be sure that it is ur prostate, and the cure is also written , first trying with some Doxycyclin for 4-6 weeks, if that doesnt help then metronidazol or cipro with a prostate drainage every 2 days should help . i guess the biggest problem is that the antibiotiks having a hard time getting into the prostate and clearing the infection. i am not saying try these things on ur own. but if ur psa levels are above 1.5 u should try to look for a urologist that will at least talk to u about this possibility.
the worst part is when they tell u go home and wait, but i waited 3 years now, did not rly do anything .


Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:21 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:40 am
Posts: 27
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
Had my urine flow checked again this week. Still a terrible flow, did not urinenate for 2 hours before measurment had to go really bad.
Result not even 100ml and residu about 10ml.


Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:43 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:36 pm
Posts: 5
Location: New York
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
I'm sorry I could not help you because I don't know that feeling and never felt that before even I hold my urine for 2-3 hours. Right now after reading your story I will stop my doing of holding my urine for that very long. I wish someone here might help you regarding your problem and I hope you'll get the real solution into that.


Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:10 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 2:16 pm
Posts: 6
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
Well sounds pretty though. But dont give up .try everything , if it is the orostate im pretty sure antibiotics with prostate massage should help.iv read so many stories with succes.it could also be an overactive bladder where u just cant control the muscle to realese the urine.also shy bladder syndrome. Just google until u find ur solution and if u do write it so everyone can learn.im visiting my urolgist in 2 days since the alpha blockers didnt rly help me a bit.im gonna ask if i can take metrandiazole since it can penetrate the prostate easy


Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:26 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:40 am
Posts: 27
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
Just an update, I have had a few "good" weeks a lot less pain and urgancy.
So i was hopefull for the future, but last week the pain and urgancy returned.
I cant think of anything that could have triggered this.
Had a sigmoïd scopy because of my bowel problems, de colon looked okay but the dokter took a few biopsys to be tested for an infection.
I will get the results next week. Also have a new appointment in another hospital with urologist number 5, this hospital also has a pelvic floor center.
Hoping they can help me, too bad its a bit further away from my hometown because i still cant drive a car for more then 30 minutes without having to stop.


Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:35 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:44 pm
Posts: 14
Location: Scotland
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
H guys, im another dude with these problem, pelvic pain and bladder pain, i seen a urolist for 5 mins and all he asked me about was about going to the toilet alot, anyway he gave me medication for over active bladder, it has helped a bit but still going to toliet 3-5 times a night and still suffer pelvic pain. Do you guys find it soarer when lying down and trying to holf in your pee. I have a cystoscopy in a few weeks so that should be interesting. I also have sciatica and back pain and not sure if thats related.


Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:32 am
Profile

Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:40 am
Posts: 27
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
When i'm in a lot of pain i usely lie down to reduce pain, sometimes this helps.
I can't hold my urine because this is what caused my problems and i it still worsens my symptoms when i do.
I have had a cystoscopy nine years ago, and i will never have one again. The urologist jammed the camera in the urethra and it hurt a lot.
The opening of the urethra was damaged during the cystoscopy, sometimes when i pee now the urine goes everewhere.
The worst thing for me right now is the pain, frequentie is a lot less then a few years ago but i still go 10-12 times a day.


Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:44 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:40 am
Posts: 27
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
The biopsy showed no infection in the colon.
I have been to the urologist in a big university hospital.
The same test urine flow and residu measurement, echo of the bladder and kidneys, urine culture.
According to the urologist everething is okay, but i'm still in a lot of pain and it is getting worse.
The pain in the perinuem is a lot worse and i have the buring feeling in the tip again which was gone for several months.
I cant stop thinking why i did not stop to urinate during the car ride, then i would not have this problem it is ruining my life.


Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:06 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:40 am
Posts: 27
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
Had a MRI of the Pelvic region done and waiting for results.
Are there more people on the forum who got this curse by holding urine for a long time?
I found a paper online describing urine reflux into the prostate from july 1971, why do uro's still say this isn't possible.

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... .112.3.603

My symptoms worsen after i strain to urinate.
It's been over 10 weeks that I had a day with less pain, seems it's getting worse.
Most posters on the forum subscribed in the last few years, are the others from earlier years all cured?


Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:11 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:50 am
Posts: 34
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
Jiskefet wrote:
I cant stop thinking why i did not stop to urinate during the car ride, then i would not have this problem it is ruining my life.


I know that feeling. Sometimes I want to punch my fist really hard against the wall because it ruined my life. We make mistakes, learn and hopefully don't make them again. Sadly, some of us ain't get a second chance and we have to deal with the problem(s) for years or even for the rest of our life.
At least your test results were normal - which is a good thing. You can do further tests (which have a low risk) to find out what's wrong with you but don't have too high expectations. If you are thinking about taking antibiotics, stay away from fluoroquinolones - they've messed me up.


Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:15 am
Profile

Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:40 am
Posts: 27
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
I had a 6 weeks of cipro years ago it didn't help.
There was nothing wrong on the mri scan, so that's positive I think.
I'm going to see a neurologist and the pain clinic next.
I'm going to see a pshycologist because I can't stop thinking about how stupid I am for holding urine for such a long time.
My main problem now is the pain in the pereneum.
Are there men here who had succes with stretches, because they don't seem to do anything for me.


Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:24 am
Profile

Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:40 am
Posts: 27
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
It has been a while but here's update.
I have had a few good weeks the last months, mostely followed by a bad week. I can have moments without pain but it always comes back. I developed an order strenge symptom, one day I don't have to pee much and this day I have almost no pain. The day after I have to pee a lot with pain and pelvic floor cramp as result.
I am having a few bad weeks in a row now. Not working and it's almost impossible to go to the shop because of the pain and burning. I don't understand why there isn't any research into this disease. Does anybody know of someone else in his neighberhood who has this. Nobody I know has ever heard of this disease, not even the people of the disability office. I don't believe 4-10 percent of men have this. Maybe 0.0001 percent, or else there would be more research and I would know somebody who has this too. @Poke how are you doing.


Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:35 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:43 am
Posts: 112
Post Re: My story from holding to long urine
Have you had a prostate massage and DNA test done on your prostate fluid? Perhaps when you held in your urine some bacteria made its way into your prostate? I have come to realize that doctors know very little about the prostate - where is the pink ribbon and marathons for guys with Prostate Cancer and Chronic Infections?!

Also, my doctor has just started me with 30 minutes a week in a Magnetic Stimulation Chair to help with the pelvic muscles. I am also going to the gym now (day 3) and starting with some very light abdominal and lower back strengthening exercises. So far it is all helping tremendously. I had my prostate fluid cultured so I am fighting a known bacteria with 100mg of Minocycline 2x day.

Brother, you are not alone in destroying yourself. I did something even dumber than you - a BJ from a 'professional' masseuse woman with no condom - and I have been in hell on earth for awhile. At least you don't have your wife threatening you with divorce in addition to your pain.

Good luck.


Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:08 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.