Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Enterococcus Faecalis Support Thead 

Post Enterococcus Faecalis Support Thead
I hope you guys don't mind, I wanted to post a support thread for enterococcus faecalis as it seems to be something guys are struggling with this like me and there doesnt seem to be much information out there to help us. Myself been having symptoms for 18 months, only recently got a diagnosis, for the first 6 months all test results for whatever test I tried came back negative, even semen and urine cultures through the NHS but I knew something was wrong (red meatus and red tip after ejaculation), I finally got a result of mixed growth predomitely E.Coli, I thought ok at least I know what I am dealing with now but the mixed growth was always in the back of my mind, what else was there. After 2 long courses of Cipro 6 and 8 weeks the E.coli was still present, I then researched natural cures which I found Olive Leaf Extract as this kills E.Coli instantly. 3 months of this on 2 tablets a day and the E.Coli was gone. Seems to be guys with enterococcus faecalis sometimes have E.Coli aswell or so I found out.

I was still having symptoms, 3 more urine cultures and 1 semen culture confirmed single growth of enterococcus faecalis, which showed my mixed growth E.Coli concerns were correct, after reading up on enterococcus faecalis its apparently alot harder to get rid of with not many guys having success, there is one chap on this forum who has had apparent success with Levaquin orally and IV CERT. After my success with Olive Leaf Extract and I have researched Oregano Oil kills off enterococcus faecalis in 80% of cases, so I have just started taking a high quality supplement of this twice a day and will keep you guys posted as I am loathed to do more antibiotics, as they have really taxed my body and I feel it could take years to recover.

So the reason for this thread is so guys with enterococcus faecalis can contribute symptoms and ABX/remedies tried as pooling all our information would be helpful for all.

Symptoms
Red Meatus
Red Tip after ejaculation
Right epididmy swelling when aroused

ABX tried
6 weeks Doxy
6 Weeks Cipro 500
8 Weeks Cipro 750
2 weeks Nitrofuratin

Remedies Tried
Iodine
Apple Cider Vinegar
Olive Leaf Extract (killed off E.Coli but not enterococcus faecalis)
High dose Vitamin C
Cranberry pills

Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:01 am

Post Re: Enterococcus Faecalis Support Thead
I had enterococcus but it was susceptible to a number of abxs that I had already taken for extended length of time - specifically Levaquin and Cipro. I took Augmentin and have tested negative for it ever since but no change in symptoms. Dr. Pontari said enterococcus was normal in semen and not the cause of CBP...and based on my experience I tend to agree. It certainly wasn't the cause of mine and its eradication made no difference to my symptoms.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:48 pm

Thank you for your input, it seems to be mixed views whether EF should be normal or not in semen. Can I ask what your symptons are? It seems to be guys that complain about EF tend to have a red meatus and redness after ejaculation.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:50 am

I think a lot of prostatitis sufferers experience the same redness after ejaculation.

My symptoms these days and a slightly inflamed and painful prostate. The day following regular sex my symptoms usually feel better. Masturbation typically makes them feel worse - though in all cases for the first several ours following orgasm I feel my symptoms almost completely disappear. It's usually after I've gone to bed and wake up the next morning following masturbation that the meatus tends to be a bit red and slightly inflamed around the urethra. Though there are also times where this doesn't happen...and there are also times when the inflammation around the opening occurs without the redness or any sexual activity whatsoever. If there's going to be any redness or inflammation then it's almost always worse in the morning though, and once I'm up and moving the meatus inflammation tends to go away pretty quick. I'm not sure why other than perhaps the pelvic muscles tighten up overnight following orgasm and then loosen up as they get massaged from normal walking and movement. Personally I don't believe those symptoms are a function of a specific pathogen but are instead just a function of an inflamed prostate.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:40 am

Dr Michael pontari king of prostatitis knew jack.

I saw him 5 times and he was shock to have a casense with arthritis in his 40 years. I was his 4th prostatitis arthritis case. Wth?

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:08 pm

Dude you need to hit entercoccus with zyvox or vanco.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:09 pm

are we sure enterococcus faecalis is not considered normal prostate flora in some people?
are there any studies showing what percent of healthy patients have enterococcus in their prostates?

Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:03 pm

Ecoli is found in the urinary tract of healthy people with no symptoms but causes problems for some people with infection.

Although not in the urinary tract helicobacter pylori is found in the stomach's 1/2 - 2/3 of the world's population (normal flora?). Mostly in healthy people with no symptoms. This bacteria is however the cause of stomach cancer and stomach ulcers in some.

Staph is part of the normal body flora and it too can cause disease.

I don't think being a part of the normal flora or not matters. The bacteria above don't seem to care.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:20 pm

I was asking about enterococcus faecalis and not E. coli or the others. What I'd like to know is whether it's commonly found in the prostate of healthy patients so I can forget about antibiotic treatment and it's potentially horrible side effects for now and focus on elavil instead.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:26 pm

I think it is commonly found in the prostate of healthy patients.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:40 am

Thanks. Where did you hear this?

Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:56 am

It seems like it really depends on how the immune system reacts to enterococcus, whether there's an issue with it, or not. There must be a handful of mechanisms involved that we haven't identified yet.

It's weird, I've talked to some men who have ended up with prostate cancer after having zero symptoms for years, the only thing that actually indicated they should go for biopsy was elevated psa.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:53 pm

Cervelo, you can starve enterococcus, a few of us have found some relief that way. Basically cut all carbs and sugars (real, fake) out of the diet for at least 30-60 days, while eating only organics, then see how you're doing.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:14 pm

Cut out fruit too??

Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:27 pm

Yep, cut down on the fruits, maybe eat them only a couple times per week at most. After 30 days, I saw 30-40% improvement. Yakuh, another guy here has seen 95% remission of all symtoms, he said he's been on the diet for going on 8 months.

Enterococcus can be starved. Starve it long enough, good bacteria takes over kills it.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Look online colloidal silver is supposed to kill enterococcus, has anyone tried this?

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:24 am

Inflamed wrote:
Yep, cut down on the fruits, maybe eat them only a couple times per week at most. After 30 days, I saw 30-40% improvement. Yakuh, another guy here has seen 95% remission of all symtoms, he said he's been on the diet for going on 8 months.

Enterococcus can be starved. Starve it long enough, good bacteria takes over kills it.

Any case of bacterial prostatitis whatever the causative bacteria, diet modification is very important. Sugar, refined carbs, grains, dairy, hydrogenated fats, all of these can promote bacterial growth. I just completed my 3 day bone broth fast detox. It was extremely hard not to have any food for 3 days, just water and bone broth but its worth it. Good for healing the gut, rebooting your system and detoxifying the harmful chemicals in your body including the ones from a long course of antibiotics.

Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:55 am

enterococcus wrote:
Cut out fruit too??

absolutely. The only fruits you are allowed are blue berry, black berry and green apples due to it's low sugar content and high in antioxidants.

Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:57 am

How anyone had anymore luck with this?

Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:20 pm

Enterococcus Faecalis is my nemesis. This is a known prostate pathogen - the urologist who said otherwise upthread is incorrect. I gained relief using NAC N-acetyl cysteine, initially 600 mg 3x/day. Now just need 400 mg 2x/day. I cap up my own and use calcium hydroxide 24% by weight to neutralize the acidity. Most people can tolerate it ok as is. My prostate is asymptomatic but I do have vas deferens discomfort.

Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:56 pm

Quote:
Enterococcus Faecalis is my nemesis. This is a known prostate pathogen - the urologist who said otherwise upthread is incorrect. I gained relief using NAC N-acetyl cysteine, initially 600 mg 3x/day. Now just need 400 mg 2x/day. I cap up my own and use calcium hydroxide 24% by weight to neutralize the acidity. Most people can tolerate it ok as is. My prostate is asymptomatic but I do have vas deferens discomfort.

That is cool Joe, thanks for sharing it. Maybe you can post that in the success stories to give people some hope eh?

Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:28 am

Would people be able to share symptoms as some seem to suffer with little or no symptoms whilst others have a lot worse all from enterococcus.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:35 pm

Chris - done. Good thought.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:52 pm

Finally after all tests I've done I got a positive for this bacteria: Entercoccus Faecalis.
Lucky me. Seems hard to get rid of.
I've read that some men got cured using moxi. Any ideas?
I have to wait for my uro to get back from vacation and discuss the road further.
As many of you wonders, is it causing the prostatitis? Could it have been there before I got problems?
Like many of you I also have the red meatus, burning discomfort sometimes in muscles (prostate?) a few minutes after peeing. frequency.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:54 am

Hey Skis, I read at the NIH that there are three cases where moxi killed it. A few of us here have tried and failed with moxi though. You might want to give fosfomicin a try, it's nowhere near as toxic as moxi, and it also kills enterococcus in the prostate.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next