Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 The saga continues 

Post The saga continues
I haven't posted here for a while, but I figured I would fill you guys in on my current status.

If you've read my previous posts then you know I've tested negative for everything several times in the US. I'm currently in Greece right now undergoing therapy with Dr. Georgiadis. I found out today through my semen culture at mycolab that I tested positive for chlamydia trachomatis and e-coli. The culture was obtained after going through a prostatic pressure session with Dr. Georgiadis and being off antibiotics for 6 weeks.

My symptoms were nearly gone before coming here and I currently have no symptoms right now. I've been here for a little over 1 week and am scheduled to stay here through the end of November. I'll keep you all posted.

Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:35 am

Post Re: The saga continues
Wow, congrats on the positive culture man, that is good news. Hope you get free of this now!

Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:25 am

lab - i have a few questions

1.) You mentioned that your symptoms were almost gone before going to Greece, so why did you decide to pursue this route out of curiosity?
2.) Any feedback on this doctor so far?
3.) can you clarify who identified these pathogens? A lab in Greece?

Look forward to hearing updates about this, hope it continues to trend in the right direction

Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:01 pm

I decided to pursue it because it seemed like the best option for me and I didn't want to have this flare up later in life. The longer you have it the harder it is to cure from what I understand. I'm a very proactive person when it comes to my health.

The doctor seems legit and has a lot of patients from around the world. He does the treatment 7 days a week for 10-12 hours a day. I don't know how he does it really. Each appointment consists of 4 prostatic pressure treatments that last 30 seconds each. It's not like a prostate massage. The pressures are quite unpleasant but are necessary to get the microbes out and let antibiotics in.

A lab in Athens called Mycolab identified the pathogens. I'm still baffled that chlamydia didn't show up in my other tests.

Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:22 pm

well good luck. How much is this going to cost you (roughly) $ wise including travel/hotel ect?

Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:04 pm

I'm so lost with this whole thing.

It sounds like you are saying that you have previously been tested for chlamydia and you got a negative result but now you are getting a positive for it?

Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:53 pm

WS1234 wrote:
well good luck. How much is this going to cost you (roughly) $ wise including travel/hotel ect?

It isn't cheap that's for sure. I figure it will cost me about 10k. I'm staying at an Airbnb and see the doctor morning and evening every day. On top of that I'm supposed to come back in 1 to 3 months once I complete this first 6 weeks. It will be hard because I'm out of vacation time and I'm blowing through my savings.

Overit- that's exactly what I'm saying... my EPS, swabs, and urine showed nothing in the states and my semen showed positive here in Greece. I just hope I can eradicate the chlamydia... I don't know why it wasn't picked up in my previous tests. The theory is that the prostatic pressures release microbes trapped in the blocked areas of the prostate.

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:49 am

I know you spent a lot of money and I really hate saying this, but be sceptical mate. You're dealing with people that are looking for something to treat. It just adds to the minefield I know. But I doesn't make sense how they couldn't find those bugs back at home. Imagine if these guys told you the samples were all clear? How would they extract further money from you? Yes it's cynical but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:22 am

It makes perfect sense that they did not find anything in the US. It take more than one massage to get bacteria out of the prostate http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... 545.x/full:
Quote:
In 26 of the 35 (74%) patients the WBC count in the EPS was <10 per oil-immersion field (OIF, ×1000) at the first prostatic massage. In 34 of 35 (97%) patients the WBC count rose to ≥10 as prostatic massage continued on a thrice-weekly schedule.

Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:28 pm

So if you have chlamydia and you tested negative for chlamydia on all of your prior attempts then that means that anyone could have chlamydia that has tested negative before.

That sucks if that is the case.

Is it possible you've been with someone that you could have contracted chlamydia from since your last test?

Sounds like you think this doctor is pretty legit after visiting him?

Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:36 pm

overitalready wrote:
So if you have chlamydia and you tested negative for chlamydia on all of your prior attempts then that means that anyone could have chlamydia that has tested negative before.

That sucks if that is the case.

Is it possible you've been with someone that you could have contracted chlamydia from since your last test?

Sounds like you think this doctor is pretty legit after visiting him?

It is possible overit since I have a new partner. My symptoms have only improved since I've met her and she's an amazing woman. I think when I get back to the US I will test semen again using Labcorps. Do you know how long I shouke be off antibiotics before testing again? I think I remember it being 4 to 6 weeks. I think the Greek doc is legit but I can't keep coming out here due to the cost and time required. If my semen tests clean back in the states then I shouldn't have to come back.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:33 am

I usually see posts and clinics say in the 2-6 week range for being off of antibiotics before testing. I don't think anyone has an exact number. I've even heard one doctor talk about 6 months or something crazy like that.

Is he giving you shots too or just the the antibiotics with massage?
Do you have to go both in the morning and in the afternoon or can you do just one?
Is it expensive for a visit or is it some kind of package deal?

I can probably only do a week. Do you think it is worth trying for that short a time span?

I was thinking of giving it a try. I'm almost there but I want it gone completely.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:37 pm

overitalready wrote:
I usually see posts and clinics say in the 2-6 week range for being off of antibiotics before testing. I don't think anyone has an exact number. I've even heard one doctor talk about 6 months or something crazy like that.

Is he giving you shots too or just the the antibiotics with massage?
Do you have to go both in the morning and in the afternoon or can you do just one?
Is it expensive for a visit or is it some kind of package deal?

I can probably only do a week. Do you think it is worth trying for that short a time span?

I was thinking of giving it a try. I'm almost there but I want it gone completely.

Apparently he does an injection at the very end once the prostate is nice and soft from the pressures. For international patients you go twice per day because of time constraints. It costs 100 euros per day plus the cost of antibiotics. Diagnostics are done up front such as transrectal ultrasound and flow test. It's not cheap man. There's one guy here that has had 44 injections with Dr Bahn in CA over the years and he said he's close to being cured with this treatment in Greece. He had to be here for 10 weeks

One week would be a waste of your time and money. This isn't a quick fix unfortunately. It takes time and dedication.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:44 am

LabMonkey333 wrote:
WS1234 wrote:

It isn't cheap that's for sure. I figure it will cost me about 10k. I'm staying at an Airbnb and see the doctor morning and evening every day. On top of that I'm supposed to come back in 1 to 3 months once I complete this first 6 weeks. It will be hard because I'm out of vacation time and I'm blowing through my savings.

Overit- that's exactly what I'm saying... my EPS, swabs, and urine showed nothing in the states and my semen showed positive here in Greece. I just hope I can eradicate the chlamydia... I don't know why it wasn't picked up in my previous tests. The theory is that the prostatic pressures release microbes trapped in the blocked areas of the prostate.

My experience was that i finally had ecoli in the prostate which was found with semen tests.. didnt require the prostate massage. however when i went on the ABX i had prostate massages during the treatment. whilst the infection was cured, the pains persisted...

What ABX does he have you on?

Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:24 pm

I guess I'll have to go for a longer time then.
This is going to be my last go at it before I just get this thing removed.
I'm doing better but I'm really worried it is going to spread to my testicles or my kidney's or something like that.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:28 pm

[/quote] My experience was that i finally had ecoli in the prostate which was found with semen tests.. didnt require the prostate massage. however when i went on the ABX i had prostate massages during the treatment. whilst the infection was cured, the pains persisted...

What ABX does he have you on?[/quote]

That's good the infection cleared. I've been on a few abx while I've been here such as Prixina, azithromyacin, and I replaced prixina with spectrace because I don't like taking quinalones.

He just switched my antibiocs to cefixime, doxycycline, and roxithromycin.

Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:20 am

My GF's recent urine test in the US was negative for chlamydia and we've had lots of u protected sex over the past couple months. She has no symptoms either. If I had chlamydia she would surely be positive I would think. This whole thing is very confusing for me.

The doc wants me to come back to Greece soon and stay another month. Im not sure what I should do. Have my gf retest? Maybe I need to test again in the US with a semen sample somewhere. Not many places test the semen for chlamydia because urine and swab are supposed to be very accurate in detecting chlamydia.

Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:29 am

It sounds dodgy AF mate.

Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:41 am

If you don't have symptoms anymore then I don't see why you'd spend any more time dwelling on it. Of course the doc will want you to come back. I would walk away from this misery and never look back!

Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:43 am

LabMonkey,

Standard swab and urine tests often don't pick up chlamydia or other pathogens because these tests are best used to detect bacteria in the urethra and possibly the bladder.
It's not the accuracy of the test that is lacking but the presence of such a minimal amount of the pathogen or the pathogen being completely absent in the urethra altogether.
These tests are really just tools. It's not that the standard swab or urine test is an inadequate tool but just not the proper tool in many cases.
This I suspect is how many of these things are being missed.

Bacteria can enter through the urethra and establish itself in the prostate. After antibiotics and the body's natural defenses have killed the bacteria in the urethra in many cases the only thing that is left is the low grade infection in the prostate.
This infection in many cases may only detectible after prostatic massage.

As an example I have provided the link to a study below. In this study part of the diagnostic criteria was the absence of chlamydia and other pathogens when performing urethral swab.
After prostatic massage pathogens could be found in VB3 and in EPS in many cases.

Here is the link: http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... ile/131648

ADMIN NOTE: For cell phone users, this is a pdf that wants to download.

Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:11 am

Even if that's true, how do explain him not passing it to his GF?

Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:35 am

Interestingly enough, nothing was ever detected in the 4 glass test samples I produced in the US. In addition, my EPS was tested at another hospital in the states and no microbes found.

I can't seem to find any doctor or business in the US that tests semen for the microbes that were discovered here in Greece. I want to be off antibiotics for a month and be tested again somewhere in the US. I'm having a hard time finding a place that will tear my semen and EPS for chlamydia and ecoli. Do you know of anywhere I can have thave tests performed?

Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:44 am

In truth, there are probably an infinite number of explanations and possibilities but that might be getting a little too deep.

Some possible explanations that come to mind are:

1. The doctor in Greece is full of BS (in which case he still got what he payed for - prostate massage with antibiotics)
2. Chlamydia was contracted by someone after tests performed.
3. Tests where inaccurate.
4. It's not a given that pathogen will automatically be passed along.
5. Etc.
6. Etc.
7. Etc.

I don't think this is the point though.

I think that my point illustrates one piece of the puzzle. Some individuals can be tested by swab and urine sample and come up negative.
When this happens they are told that they are good to go and they are not infected with anything. From what I'm reading in this study and posts by others the standard urine test and swab don't sound like they are as accurate as people might think.
This is not because of the test itself but simply how and when these tests are used.

I'm trying to avoid getting caught up on each case and trying to take a little bit of info. in hopes of having a broader understanding of what is happening in general and why there are so many conflicting reports.

This in my opinion is one reason (sometimes test info. is not being interpreted in the right context).

Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:57 pm

This doctor has a video in youtube explaining the special technique and the force he applies during the prostatitc massage to make sure he extract the pathogen hiding in the sac of the prostate. This technique is entirely different from the usual prostatic massage we get here in North America. There is another more advanced treatment in China called 3D treatment for prostatitis which includes decalcification. It is more expensive, 2 months of treatment, hotel, food, flight etc. costs 45-50K. I am looking at this option as the last resort. I will try other options here in Canada first, hopefully I wont take this route. I am looking for an Osteopath or Chiropractor regarding the twisted pelvic theory as a possible cause of Chronic prostatitis. Hopefully this stupid illness is making us poor.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:52 am

i find it very hard to trust these treatments abroad without more people (real people) sharing success stories. I've heard maybe 2 about this guy but hard to confirm whats real and what's BS.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next