Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Dr Levent / Dr Georgiadis 

Post Re: Dr Levent / Dr Georgiadis
Regarding dandy what wrote i have some explanations.

2 main points come to mind.

First is that my treatment was 2 month straight massages. Thats 8 weeks in 2 four week continous blocks a month apart. His greek patients do about a month basic treatment and then 5 days massages with antibiotics once a month. This means to take the same massages as me the treatment will have to be atleast 7 months. So those patients that have been with him from 6 months to 2 years see him for massages 5 days once a month they have nit been on antibiotics and massages for 2 straight years.. Due to economic climate many greeks cant afford continous therapy so their results will be slower than mine.

Secondly my case was relatively straightforward and the serious symotoms were not present for a longtime. I had minor symptoms since 2008 but it slowly got worse snd as soon as it get worse i did not let it fester and take hold i went to him and got treated. Also as i had not taken many antibiotics or treatments complicating my prostatitis thats probably why i got cured faster. I did visit a couple of urologists did a couple of courses of antibiotics, tried stuff like standford protocol and when all that didnt work i decided to go to him, a pro and leader in the field, rather than waste time seeing incompetent urologists and suffering and seeing my condition worsen more and more. Complicated longterm cases where major symptoms have been present for a long time and where huge amounts of antibiotics have been used may be more difficult to treat and may take a longer time to heal. Many of his patients go to him as a last resort after years of visiting different urologists. If people went to him at the first sign of issues i strongly believe they would get cured faster. I met many in his waiting room who were cured and were going to him for '5 days once a year' for prevention snd sexual health benefits. I met one man in waiting room who was cured a few years ago but got reinfected because he tried for a child with his wife and thus csme back for treatment again. Thus its important to get your partners screened. Many in waiting room i spoke to were at different stages of improvement and when you consider these are the worst of worst cases that had visited many urologists over the years and these other urologists could not treat them effectively and they felt no improvement with them, then thats damn good results if they are improving by 10% to 30% with dr Georgadis. All patients i spoke to told me they had improved after seeing him. Some said it was very slow improvement. Others like me were responding fast. Like i said before it depends on individual condition and how complicated it is whether it responds.

Vinny, i did not take injections...pressure masssges and antibiotcs were enough to cure me.

Chavalotte, his prices were reasonable. He charged 200 euros to test which invlolved transrectal ultrasound and urineflowmetry followed by massage for express prostate secretion to get fluid to send to lab. The lab charges 200 euros to test.

Then as treatment he charged 50 euros to massage your prostate to get medicine to go inside your prostate. He wants maximum medicine to go in prostate so massages twice a day. 50 euros to masssge you prostate is not an abusive price.

At the end of the day he cured me i shall recommend him. I joked with him that after god i love him second and my wife third. Seriously though i owe a lot to him. He is a genuine man with good morals and values and enthusiastic about his job. My prostate size reduced in size. My symptoms went. There may be people out there that were not cured but we dont know whether they just gave up on treatment because of slow improvements or whether their cases were very complicated. All patients i spoke to were improved. Thats something if people are being improved. But even dr toth or dr guercini or any of the other big name urologists have patients who claim they did not cure them. It goes with territory that some patients may not ever be cured. All i know is im glad i did not wait and let my condition take hold and become more complicated and severe by seeing incompetent drs.

Last edited by Mo uk on Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:09 am

Thanks for the post it was very helpful, I guess everyone's case is different. Tell me what stage where you at,did you have pelvic and back pains and you're legs hurt?

Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:59 am

Vinny

I tried to edit the info into my previous post but deleted it by accident. My symptoms can be seen in previous posts.

All i know is many drs will have patients that were not cured. Fact is i was cured. My condition was pretty bad you can read my posts. He is a genuine dr with enthusiasm to treat this condition. A nice decent Dr with good values and is definately not a charlatan. One of the better urologists you could see.

Dandy asking you to give a testimonial is not so bad in greek culture if you are improved and got half decent results. In greek culture this is 'scratch my back' sort of thing and is acceptable. There is a recession and prostatitis for greeks is the least if worries so foreign patients are welcomed so of course asking you for a testimonial would be normal. However he never asked me to do a testimonial. Simply told me if i was cured to spread the word as he knows foreign urologists are incompetent and many are suffering. I gave him my word i will tell any and all i come across who are suffering of him if he did indeed cure me. My test results and ultrasounds are available for people to inspect. This dr is the real deal. Regarding hygiene issues...i thought it was okay but he did use paper towel to clean his ultrasound probe that he put on my abdomen but i dont know if there was antibacterial gel on the tissue but what you got to remember is in some countries in west we are way over the top with hygiene even when there is zero chance of infection. So what may seem unhygenic may not be dangerous.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:45 am

thanks for the update let us know about this other guy! what's his name?
does anyone know much about guercini? i'm strongly considering going to see him. deciding between himself and bahn.

Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:26 pm

I'm curious to hear more honest experiences as well regarding Dr Georgiadis. I'm really considering him, but I don't want to waste my time and money if so many are dissatisfied. Would love to hear some more stories. Keep them coming. Mo UK seems to be cured. It's hard not to be skeptical though.

Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:00 pm

Labmonkey from what I understand there are no guarantees from any doctor and everyone's case is different,even injections are not 100% success rate. If you have a doctor in you're area that does massage I suggest you do it there.

Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:37 pm

From what I understand, the massage is very difficult to master, so only a few are successful doing it. Plus culturing the secretions is very important to know what bacteria you are fighting, what new bacteria comes up and when the old bacteria is eliminated so you can stop taking antibiotics for that particular one in order to not cause further problems. It's a complicated process in order to successfully treat it. I don't have much faith in massages.

Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:52 pm

Dandy wrote:
I have seen Dr Georgiadis many times and been treated by him during several months. I think I was the first person to mention him here in another thread about prostate injections in Europe. I know him very well and he has his pros and cons and I will go thru them later on when I have time. The thing I would like mention is he didn't cure me and many, many, many others. He has his little shack were he can treat people and are like many other urologist over enthusiastic about the that the treatment will cure you. You can find a lot of people on greek prostatitis forum that are not cured by him. You can also find a lot of people on other forums that didn't get cured by him if you just search the web. And the so called statements on the patient page "that are not runed" by him are true. But a lot of them are staged by him. He asked me to write there and what to write. He states that something like 98% gets cure by his treatment. But thats just lies, he has never done any true medical research or statistics on his treatment. He is a great doctor on many levels but he lacks a lot of knowledge and lack the will and sense to perform agile and customized treatment. Saying that the lab is superb and truly independent, he is great in diognosing with the ultrasound but the place lack a lot of hygiene. For instance I have never seen him use rectified spirit on his medical equipment inbetween patients. Just cleaning them of with normal paper. If the treatment isn't successful, he dosent change his tactics, maybe just the antibiotics. There are several guys there in the waiting room that have seen him for 6 months to 2 years that have only become like 15%-30% better. And they have done ALOT of massages during these months and years. Just talk to these people and you will know.

This greek doctor sounds promising. however the lack of hygiene is a red flag, and the fact that you have to go to a third world country to get this treatment done is a major concern. If you were to get very sick from septicemia from this greek doctor treatement as this is a possibility pushing bacteria out of the prostate, or you were to have another medical issue whether it be related to your prostate or something unrelated , I sure wouldn't want to be in a greek hospital to get medical attention. and to not have any family around and be in a 3rd world country while you are getting treatment is not a sound idea.

Greece is a pretty place to visit for a 5 day vacation, but staying there for 4 to 8 weeks getting medical treatment there from a guy with magic prostate massage finger is a huge risk.

In the US prostate massage was the mainstay of treatment for this condition from the early 1920's to the 1980's and the way the urologists regard prostate massage today has more then likely culminated from 60 to 80 years of statistics gathered on this treatement and its effectiveness.

I think our urologists in the US are the best you can get, and this is a condition that is still a mystery. So we just have to manage the prostatitis and watch ourselves for prostate cancer by monitoring PSA's and regular check ups.

Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:00 pm

bill_johnstl wrote:
Dandy wrote:
I have seen Dr Georgiadis many times and been treated by him during several months. I think I was the first person to mention him here in another thread about prostate injections in Europe. I know him very well and he has his pros and cons and I will go thru them later on when I have time. The thing I would like mention is he didn't cure me and many, many, many others. He has his little shack were he can treat people and are like many other urologist over enthusiastic about the that the treatment will cure you. You can find a lot of people on greek prostatitis forum that are not cured by him. You can also find a lot of people on other forums that didn't get cured by him if you just search the web. And the so called statements on the patient page "that are not runed" by him are true. But a lot of them are staged by him. He asked me to write there and what to write. He states that something like 98% gets cure by his treatment. But thats just lies, he has never done any true medical research or statistics on his treatment. He is a great doctor on many levels but he lacks a lot of knowledge and lack the will and sense to perform agile and customized treatment. Saying that the lab is superb and truly independent, he is great in diognosing with the ultrasound but the place lack a lot of hygiene. For instance I have never seen him use rectified spirit on his medical equipment inbetween patients. Just cleaning them of with normal paper. If the treatment isn't successful, he dosent change his tactics, maybe just the antibiotics. There are several guys there in the waiting room that have seen him for 6 months to 2 years that have only become like 15%-30% better. And they have done ALOT of massages during these months and years. Just talk to these people and you will know.

This greek doctor sounds promising. however the lack of hygiene is a red flag, and the fact that you have to go to a third world country to get this treatment done is a major concern. If you were to get very sick from septicemia from this greek doctor treatement as this is a possibility pushing bacteria out of the prostate, or you were to have another medical issue whether it be related to your prostate or something unrelated , I sure wouldn't want to be in a greek hospital to get medical attention. and to not have any family around and be in a 3rd world country while you are getting treatment is not a sound idea.

Greece is a pretty place to visit for a 5 day vacation, but staying there for 4 to 8 weeks getting medical treatment there from a guy with magic prostate massage finger is a huge risk.

In the US prostate massage was the mainstay of treatment for this condition from the early 1920's to the 1980's and the way the urologists regard prostate massage today has more then likely culminated from 60 to 80 years of statistics gathered on this treatement and its effectiveness.

I think our urologists in the US are the best you can get, and this is a condition that is still a mystery. So we just have to manage the prostatitis and watch ourselves for prostate cancer by monitoring PSA's and regular check ups.

Actually to be honest, i think modern urologists have gotten lazy. They do things by the book, eg do a test, follow a flow chart, assume that's the issue, there is no lateral thinking, i'm sure in many ways they consider doing a prostate massage as below them.. Most of them wont even perform the basic tests on semen or EPS. Its always just do a urine test. and they dont like it when they are shown up by a patient who uses their resources to get tests performed which show a clear infection.. yet they sit smuggly in their chairs and tell us to live with the pain and symptoms. Sorry i cant accept that. And whilst this might be a huge grey area of medicine where not alot is known about the prostate, i don't believe that doing nothing is the best approach.

Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:37 pm

Logcrusader wrote:
bill_johnstl wrote:
Dandy wrote:

Actually to be honest, i think modern urologists have gotten lazy. They do things by the book, eg do a test, follow a flow chart, assume that's the issue, there is no lateral thinking, i'm sure in many ways they consider doing a prostate massage as below them.. Most of them wont even perform the basic tests on semen or EPS. Its always just do a urine test. and they dont like it when they are shown up by a patient who uses their resources to get tests performed which show a clear infection.. yet they sit smuggly in their chairs and tell us to live with the pain and symptoms. Sorry i cant accept that. And whilst this might be a huge grey area of medicine where not alot is known about the prostate, i don't believe that doing nothing is the best approach.

amen lol

Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:10 pm

Prostatitis can turn into cancer? You can get sepsis from massage? I'm starting to worry!
Yes doctor's have gotten lazy they just go by the book until they retire, very sad.

Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:12 pm

Vinny wrote:
Prostatitis can turn into cancer? You can get sepsis from massage? I'm starting to worry!
Yes doctor's have gotten lazy they just go by the book until they retire, very sad.

Vinny

the theory behind the "sepsis" is that if you think of the prostate like a sponge, when you massage it, all the nasty crap its sucked up then gets released into the system. So if there are any trapped bacteria or nasties then in theory you have released them, and they can then develop into a worse infection.. hence the thinking is that you should be on ABX whilst having a massage if you do have an infected prostate. just like popping a zit, the prostate could expel gunk..

Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:00 pm

Vinny wrote:
Labmonkey from what I understand there are no guarantees from any doctor and everyone's case is different,even injections are not 100% success rate. If you have a doctor in you're area that does massage I suggest you do it there.

I understand there are no guarantees to cure a patient. From what I've read, most intraproststic injection therapy appears to result in relapse. The possible complications from injection is also intimidating. Unfortunately there are no doctors in my area that will do morning and afternoon prostatic pressure treatment, combined with antibiotics. It would be a struggle to find a urologist to even apply weekly massages. The lab testing here in the states appears to be inadequate at most hospitals. They aren't set up correctly to identify possible microbes causing prostatitis or doctors just assume your clean if your urine doesn't show any sign of infection. The urine test is almost useless for prostatitis.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:25 pm

Lab,

And that basically sums it up,

Ineffective labs,
Ineffective analysis
Ineffective treatment
Ineffective URO's

What do we do?

Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:07 am

Satch wrote:
Lab,

And that basically sums it up,

Ineffective labs,
Ineffective analysis
Ineffective treatment
Ineffective URO's

What do we do?

We either wait around and suffer, hoping our immune system will conquer it over time, or try to seek the best in the medical profession for treating prostatitis. If this next round of testing at the prostatitis clinic reveals nothing, I will give PT a try. I think we have all discovered that we have to be our own advocates. I'm thankful that there are forums like this so that we can all collaborate on helping each other. I'm definitely not ready for injections which is why the doctor in Greece looks so appealing. The thought of spending 4 to 6 weeks in Athens alone isn't how I want to use my vacation or spend $10k. Of course there are risks involved. You just have to weigh the costs for yourself and decide if you want to go through with it. I've only had this for 5 months now, so I'm optimistic that Georgiadis could help me. He seems very enthusiastic and positive about the treatment in his emails. He wasn't quick to tell me I'm in the 2nd stage of a chlamydial infection like Dr. Toth did. Toth hasn't even met me nor has he done tests on me. He just assumes you have chlamydia!? Major red flag for Toth. Not going to spend $400 just to talk to him on the phone for an hour either. Sorry for the rant... I'm done now lol.

Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:01 pm

Totally understand,

I have had nine injections with Toth and they helped marginally but really traumatized the prostate. He disappointed me in his lack of testing and really trying to dig deeper into my specific case. I think he really feels his cocktail is so varied it will kill everything regardless, which from the anecdotal reports I have read is not to accurate as many relapse quickly. I give him a ton of credit for at least trying to help us.

I am doing PT which is helping but to a point. I am scared to stop my antibiotics for fear that I will get worse to a point that I cannot live with, which is how bad it was for the first eight months of this flare.

I still have removal scheduled for two weeks and go back and forth daily on whether I am going to do it.

Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:09 pm

Satch it sounds like you've truly been through hell with this thing. I feel for you man. Have you tried daily prostate drainages? I would think that 9 injections of cocktail would help more than just a little bit if it were strictly bacterial. Perhaps the bacteria are trapped in the acini sacs or calcifications. The prostetic pressure treatment would seem to address this issue. Hell, I'm sure you've tried just about everything at this point except removal. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? My pain is only about a 4/10 at the worst and most of the time it's a 2/10. It's manageable but not comfortable at all. Did your pain start this way or has it always been very extreme?

I've had a flare up for the past couple days that was triggered by heavy lifting at the gym it seems. I tried self drainage but couldn't get the job done... Just not comfortable putting my finger up there if you know what I mean. I think I'm done with the weight lifting for a while. Going to stick to cardio and calesthenics. This little organ of prostate gets pissed off easily lately.

Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:54 pm

Hello fellow sufferer's, update on Georgiadis I started treatment last week and I feel much better. I'm taking 3 different antibiotics along with 1 or 2 massage's a day, they hurt like hell but are worth it.

Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:18 pm

Vinny wrote:
Hello fellow sufferer's, update on Georgiadis I started treatment last week and I feel much better. I'm taking 3 different antibiotics along with 1 or 2 massage's a day, they hurt like hell but are worth it.

Vinny can you give us more details, what are the drugs, how are you taking them, what did your tests find, what tests did they do and can you describe the massage process.. anything would be realy helpful :) im happy that you are feeling better thats awesome

Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:22 pm

I went ahead and did semen test by myself without prostate massage which was wrong. Everything was negative but there was a low white blood cell count present. The massage is painful lasts a few minutes but I immediately see results. Im taking 3 antibiotics prixina azivirus and ceftoral also two probiotics. He will switch my medicine later on. He also gave me a diet plan so the medicine has more effect. I would say I'm 60 to 70 percent better right now pain is almost totally gone urinating and ejaculation is much better also got most of my hard on back. That's it for now.

Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:53 pm

Vinny wrote:
I went ahead and did semen test by myself without prostate massage which was wrong. Everything was negative but there was a low white blood cell count present. The massage is painful lasts a few minutes but I immediately see results. Im taking 3 antibiotics prixina azivirus and ceftoral also two probiotics. He will switch my medicine later on. He also gave me a diet plan so the medicine has more effect. I would say I'm 60 to 70 percent better right now pain is almost totally gone urinating and ejaculation is much better also got most of my hard on back. That's it for now.

So those drugs are essentially Azithromycin, Moxifloxacin and a cephalosporins drug. Interesting mix.. covering all bases just about,

what drugs have you taken before? i would have thought most of those families of drugs, azith is normally used for the sexually transmitted stuff

Aerobic and facultative Gram-positive microorganisms

Staphylococcus aureus (Methicillin-sensitive only)
Streptococcus agalactiae
Streptococcus pneumoniae
Streptococcus pyogenes
Aerobic and facultative Gram-negative microorganisms

Haemophilus ducreyi
Haemophilus influenzae
Moraxella catarrhalis
Neisseria gonorrhoeae
Bordetella pertussis
Legionella pneumophila
Anaerobic microorganisms

Peptostreptococcus species
Prevotella bivia
Other microorganisms

Chlamydia pneumoniae
Chlamydia trachomatis
Mycoplasma genitalium
Mycoplasma pneumoniae
Ureaplasma urealyticum

, moxi is just like cipro and cephalosporins are used for

Escherichia coli: 0.015 µg/mL - 4 µg/mL
Haemophilus influenzae: ≤0.004 µg/mL - >4 µg/mL
Proteus mirabilis: ≤0.008 µg/mL - 0.06 µg/mL

Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:20 pm

Past 5 year's I've taken climpax augmentin ciproxin lidaprim vibramacyn Tavanic.

Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:05 pm

Vinny wrote:
Past 5 year's I've taken climpax augmentin ciproxin lidaprim vibramacyn Tavanic.

Have you had your pelvic floor looked at? Prostate massages may be releasing a trigger point rather than anything else. What tests did the dr do on you to determine the drugs

Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:28 pm

Vinny wrote:
What test is there for pelvic floor. Doctor did a piss test and sonogram triplex and fingered.

a pelvic physio will examine you, and will internally check your pelvic floor muscles and trigger points..

I had this performed just this week in my first visit to a CPPS expert, my floor muscles are strong.. too strong and locked up, they are in a state of being turned on too much and essentially clamping down. my prostate is of a normal size, but when i have a prostate massage i get relief, thats because there are trigger points under the prostate and its likely they are being released with the massage and reducing my pains... dont get me wrong, i also have a MDR E-coli infection which im being treated for, but the pains go very quickly from a massage and its likely to do with the trigger points and not to do with ABX and acini breakup etc.. Just something to consider.. i'll be watching you progress so please do keep updating this thread :)... every little bit of detail is useful as i can ask my local drs about the approaches..

Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:12 am

Tell us about this treatment you mentioned that is curing people, and where can I find it.

Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next