Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Please Post how you got Prostatitis, Treated or Sufferring? 

Post Please Post how you got Prostatitis, Treated or Sufferring?
Hello All,

Since many of us are suffering from this Disease, can everyone share there stories and symptoms and exactly what was done that helped or got rid of this disease. I know many people have had success stories or failures and I am interested in trying to figure this out what works and what doesn't work. With all the advances in science and technology, you would think there would be a cure by now or a medicine to help with the pain or something.

Please post your story, how you got it?
At what age you got it?
Still suffering?
What helps or fixed the disease if fixed?
Any info that can help.

I have been suffering for well over 20 years now. And just tired and exhausted from this now.

Thank You

Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:48 am

Post Re: Please Post how you got Prostatitis, Treated or Sufferri
I've been suffering 2 years

Cause:
-oral sex
-or a muscular issue

No bacteria has ever been found. I have tried almost every treatment out there and have not had any relief.

Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:58 pm

Have you read the peppermint thread? You have a good story there.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1361

Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:02 pm

I am all over that thread. Lol. I just ordered 2 of those bottles of peppermint. They take forever to ship. But can't wait to try it.

Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:24 am

Prostate massage helps. It alleviates the pain a lot.

I have learned that if you have bacterial Prostatitis, prostate massage helps but not that much. But along with antibiotics it does. The massage gets rid of bacteria in the prostate.

But non bacterial Prostatitis prostate massage helps a lot. It helped me a lot.

As more and more people post there experiences I think we can all help each other and try to narrow it down to what really causes this.

Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:28 am

I've had it since consuming herbal medicines in India one year ago. It is about 80 percent better now. I take lyrica which may help. It was previously very severe and I needed a cushion every day at work.

If you've done physiotherapy and myofascial release then it probably isn't a muscle issue. And if you've had many extensive courses of antibiotics it probably isn't a bacterial issue. Gut problems do cause some cases that can be fixed with diet, rifaximin and probiotics. Some may be autoimmune and responsive to NSAIDs. If I had really severe prostatitis for three years or more, having tried all reasonable therapies, I'd seriously consider removing it. I don't know how some men keep going for decades with it.

Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:44 pm

Cause: UTI (leukocytes in urine)
Age that I got it: 32
Still suffering: Yes (almost 1 year)
What helps: antibiotics (worried about long term side effects)

Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:03 am

Got this when I was 18 now 40 - started after an STI infection (Chlamydia).

Been in pain every day for 22 years,nothing ive found yet works - im done with urologists.

Just learned to live with it but it sucks..................

Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:05 am

Cause: STI - Never identified organism, high white cell count and blood in urine.
Cure: Bactrim - due to sulfa allergy, this is no longer viable though.
Current Treatment - Xifaxan due to SIBO, may be related to prostatitis.
Possible alternate cause: levator ani syndrome (have proctalgia fugax randomly)

All this started off and on from age 27. Been about 10 years so far, with about 3 of those years in the clear.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:32 am

Cause: Unprotected sex

Age of onset: 24 (I'm now 29).

Symptoms: Uncomfortable, itchy urethra after sex. Random mild rashes throughout my body. Ping-pong yeast infection transmission with girlfriend. Jock itch. And the worst symptom by far is premature ejaculation.

Cure: Nothing so far.

Treatments tried: Circumcision, cipro, Diflucan, clotrimazole cream on penis tip, amoxicillin tr-k, doxycycline

Recently had a RAST test done to test for allergy to yeast and it came back negative.

I don't see this improving.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:14 pm

Blackbox, do you have the sexual symptoms if you use condoms with your girl? There's some out there that decrease sensitivity, might help with the PE issue as well.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:30 pm

as I think about it I always had symptoms since 10 or 12 years old. I always had to pee a lot.

Never had an STD.

I remember having a terrible flu stomach bug when I was 15 or 16, the usual, felt like I was run over by a truck, throwing up and bad diarrhea . This has been the only time I ever remember vomiting in my life. I remember as I was recovering from this over the course of 2 or 3 weeks, I had prostatitis symptoms pretty bad, stinging across my lower abdomen by pubic bone, sore scrotum and perineum pain. But didn't know any better, and after a while it went away. I told my dad about it and he said I probably strained lower stomach muscles vomiting. then never thought about it again.

Only got bad when I was 48 or 49 years old and the alarm bells went off when UROS started checking PSA.
over the last 7 years I have had Biopsies, CT scans, Cystoscopies,Ultrasounds, DRE's nothing found. other then PSA bouncing up and down. PSA is in the 5's to as high as 7 when symtpoms flare up. goes down to the 2's when symptoms not so bad.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:49 pm

Nibs wrote:
Got this when I was 18 now 40 - started after an STI infection (Chlamydia).

Been in pain every day for 22 years,nothing ive found yet works - im done with urologists.

Just learned to live with it but it sucks..................

Nibs,

22 years. Wow man. So what happened with chlamydia infection? Did it resolve? Any updates?

Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:33 am

Has anyone experienced this.

As long as I don't have sex oral or sex with my wife, my symptoms stay away. As soon as I have sex with her and the most recent she gave me a blowjob, it came back with a vengeance. The constant urgency to urinate.

But I can masturbate till the end of time and never an issue. But only when I do anything with the wife it comes back the pain and burning

She has been checked by Several doctors and all STD's checked, and yet nothing is found and she's all clear.

Can anyone relate to this. One time she just touched my penis and I got inflamed and etc. I just don't get it anymore.

Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:37 am

Got a UTI from unprotected vaginal sex. In 3 days it went to the prostate and caused acute prostatitis.

Antibiotics cleared the acute phase. However, low grade inflammation remains with hesitancy, and diminished ejaculation.

If I take azithromycin, or rocephin, things almost completely return to normal within the first week of treatment, however the symptoms seem to return while i'm still taking the medication. I think I'm going to try combine prostate massage and meds this next time around though.

Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:28 am

Contibye to post guys. If doctors can't help we have to help each other. I just can't sleep anymore.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:12 am

Cause: maybe sex, don't know
Age that I got it: 43
Still suffering: Yes (2,5 year)
What helps: nothing. maybe massage.
I've Tried 5d Azitromax, 2 w Tarivid, 2w Keflex, metronidazol/Flagyl 4 tablets once (I've only done short abx treatments, but I've had no improvement during the treatments) 4 weeks Amoxicillin Jan-18.
Now I'm on Flagyl again (aug -18) (7days, no spec improvement), my woman got positive for Gardernella Vaginalis. She got an UTI 2 month ago and first got penicillin and had a urine test that didn't show anything(surprised?) frequent need to pee and a little discomfort in stomach still persist. Then she did a swab and was positiv for GV. But I think it's just an overgrowth because of her trying that penicillin before the test. Flagyl doesn't seem to be working, so my bet it is that E faecalis or something else?

No wbc in urethra or semen or EPS.
I've been tested for STI /STD (chlam, gonno, trich, ureaplasma, mychoplasma, hiv) many times probably 10, PCR also after prostate massage.
I have herpes, but had it long time before the prostatitis. I don't think herpes has anything to do with prostatitis, nor HPV

I have after 2 years seeing the same uro found out I have some what clogged? seminal vesicles. (have no problem with ejaculation. ejac seems ok. alot and white? doesn't hurt when I ejaculate.
I also had one positive test on e faecalis.
But 5 semen test does not show elevated wbc.
Maybe the bacteria is hiding in biofilm?
symptoms: I have burning in pelvic mucles/rectum after peeing in the morning that keeps going for 1 hr. I have more frequent urination every 2-3 hrs. Sore pelvic floor during the day. Sore pelvic muscles while sporting. The pain moves around a little. Either I have a little burning in my rectum or I am sore in my right buttock (never in my left). foamy urine when I stand peeing. More red meatus. Seems the whole head is getting more red while erected.
What triggers? it's almost always some kind of discomfort, but going to the bathroom (BM or Void) seems to elevate the discomfort.
phage therapy might be the only option.

Last edited by skistar on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:29 pm

Cause- after oral sex at Asian massage
Time- 1.5 years( slowly getting better To having no symptoms)
Age 41
Testing- tested for everything(negative), PSA normal, prostate not enlarged,
Symptoms - weird pain or discomfort in pelvic area after urinating for about 10 to 20 minutes occassional(can't pinpoint a specific time), pain sometimes after masturbating but not sex with wife,
Meds/supplements- cipro(I swear I had side effects), amoxicillin, vitamin D(d level was very low), testosterone was low(had to get MRI to check for pituitary mass-negative), Black seed oil(not to jump the gun, but I think this helped ALOT), did physiotherapy once
My thoughts- I think we all really do have some form of prostatitis and have different/similar symptoms....im looking at lit ike having IBD in the prostate...all test negative but have inflammation/flare up occasionally ...to be completely honest, I think I had symptoms before the incident but really paid no attention to it but panicked when I had a incident to attach to it but who knows...im slowly getting better and just trying to move forward

Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]