Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Enterococcus Faecalis, can it be the cause? 

Post Enterococcus Faecalis, can it be the cause?
They have found two times this bacteria in my analysis. I don't know why but the doctors tend to see it as not many important (the laboratory man even said that he doesn't think that it is the cause, I don't know why) but I have been reading about it here, in Wikipedia, and it says that it is very stubborn and resistant: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterococcus_faecalis

Can it be the cause of all this suffering for years?

In the same article they say also that Ampicillin could work against it (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ampicillin). I don't want to use antibiotics again but maybe it would be worth? The thing that most scares me about most of the antibiotics is the so called Steven Johnson Syndrome. If this antibiotic has an oral version and it can't cause that syndrome (I know that the probabilities are too low but I find it very scary, indeed) maybe I should try it. The Ampicillin also appears in my last antibiogram.

What do you think? Any experiences with that bacteria infection and the Ampicillin?

Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:16 pm

Post Re: Enterococcus Faecalis, can it be the cause?
Chav, look up a user called Daident. He had ent. faecalis and I believe it took antibiotics for it. He stopped posting a while back, so I guess he recovered.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:57 pm

I have already read in this forum a few persons who say that they got that bacteria detected in a culture but usually it's not clear if that is the cause or not. I haven't read nobody saying that they cleaned that bacterial infection. The guy you referred also didn't say if he cleaned the infection or not.

We have several cases of men suffering from chronic prostatitis with that bacteria found in their cultures, that means something.

Today I'm going to ask to the general doctor about it and also take my last culture antibiogram (it's from October but I think I'm still infected). Maybe I should try the Ampicillin to first clean that from my prostate and then try probiotics and other things. If that stubborn bacteria was really the cause of my problems maybe taking peppermint oil and so on would do nothing.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:10 pm

It's possible. If that was detected in my culture, I would attempt to treat it. You never know. Satch also had enterococcus detected in his recently, he was in a lot of pain.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:40 pm

I have found this related to that bacteria. It says that it is usually resistant to trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, that could explain why it didn't work in my case.

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... MC3715713/

It says this about the antibiotic I was thinking to try from tomorrow:

Quote:
"All E. faecalis strains from our study revealed 100% drug sensitivity to ampicillin and ampicillin/sulbactam and 90.3% drug sensitivity to penicillin. However, natural penicillin or penicillin derivatives penetrate very poorly into the human prostate [23]. Even though E. faecalis strains in vitro show high drug susceptibility to these antimicrobials, these drugs have typically shown very low pharmacokinetic levels in prostatic fluid or tissues."

Maybe after all I must take the levofloxacin. I have it because I bought it but I rejected it one year ago because I was scared by the possible tendon problems. Anyway I will take the ampicillin before to see if I get any relief. If it's so, I will have a good clue. And if I'm lucky maybe I can cure this with that.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:33 pm

I have it and it has caused a ton of pain and suffering, it is a hard one to treat also, am supposed to start IV antibiotics soon but am scared

Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:42 am

Yeah man, vancomycin is a nuke. I did meet a girl at the hospital who only had one kidney and had to do a week of Vancomycin, she was ok after it was done. Also, there's Canephron N if it causes nephritis like what I've dealt with. If you get the IV, make sure they check your kidney function...gfr, creatinine, and bun levels. Probably wouldn't hurt to get that checked before the IV so you can get a baseline, and then be able to tell how much it raises, or drops while doing the IV.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:31 am

Satch, do you have low libido and your prostatitis mess with the orgasms/ejaculations? Because mine is destroying that and I don't know exactly if this bacteria is the only cause.

I'm now on ampicillin. I'll be posting how it goes. By the moment my condition is very bad, but this morning when I have taken the first dosage I have had a little hope because my erection have been better than always. But again it hurts and my penis is numb, so it's difficult to tell still.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]