Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 How I beat Chronic Non Bacterial Prostatitis 

Post Re: How I beat Chronic Non Bacterial Prostatitis
I'm on day two.
It's a potent, high quality product....
We'll see...
I'd say don't overdo it.
May upset your stomach, but I've had no problems so far...
I'll report back by end of the week.

East Green

Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:36 pm

I'm going to test the peppermint oil too, but another brand because I can't afford ordering that one from too far.

Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:12 pm

day 3 for me and I think you just have to be very cautious. I think you should try to do 1 drop first and see how your body reacts. If you feel okay, then you should increase to 2 and so on. Since the product is so potent you should not over dose like how East Green said.

Also, I have been mixing with honey since water and this oil doesn't get mixed and it burns your mouth and throat. I thought mixing with honey was a better option than just dropping it in water (you see oil floating around).

I will prob try this maximum a week I think.

I will report back later again.

Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:52 pm

A question for all.

Do you think that peppermint oil could help also by external use? I mean, applying it in the prostate zone. Because I have read that peppermint oil can also be absorbed by the skin and do benefits by that.

Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:41 pm

@chavalotte In most of the reports I've read the oil should be used externally, so I think you should have some benefits by doing this but never apply the oil undiluted on your skin

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:16 am

You could use it externally for sure. Not sure the prostate points though where the best place to apply would be. Most oils say external use because most people are to dumb to be smart about their use. I'm not saying anyone on this post by any means. But, in general the majority of people don't take the time to research

Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:31 am

It's my first day with the peppermint oil. I have put 3 drops in a half glass of water (I'm doubting about if I should do it only one time per day or more, though). My first impression is that it seems good for the throat and the respiratory system. It feels fresh like toothpaste. I understood well that if you put too many drops it may burn. I hope this helps my prostate.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:23 pm

Chavalote wrote:
It's my first day with the peppermint oil. I have put 3 drops in a half glass of water (I'm doubting about if I should do it only one time per day or more, though). My first impression is that it seems good for the throat and the respiratory system. It feels fresh like toothpaste. I understood well that if you put too many drops it may burn. I hope this helps my prostate.

Just go with what you're comfortable with man

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:52 pm

I've had prostatitis for 17 years. I am on day 3, using peppermint oil from Holland and Barrett in the uk. They have two versions, one for external use and one for internal use. I think I have slight reduction in pain and have managed not to use ibuprofen the last two days. The only other thing I take currently is Xatral, 2.5 mg three times a day. I was on 10mg but sometimes got light headed so the doctor switched to the 2.5mg.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:34 pm

Mancs wrote:
I've had prostatitis for 17 years. I am on day 3, using peppermint oil from Holland and Barrett in the uk. They have two versions, one for external use and one for internal use. I think I have slight reduction in pain and have managed not to use ibuprofen the last two days. The only other thing I take currently is Xatral, 2.5 mg three times a day. I was on 10mg but sometimes got light headed so the doctor switched to the 2.5mg.

I hope this works. Keep updating. I am currently trying other things (psyllium+vsl3) but keeping a close eye on this thread.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:09 am

It would be great if this works for anyone else!

Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:38 am

eagerly watching this thread!

Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:10 pm

if this damn thing worked other people would have said so. sounds like false hope

Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:43 am

I am continuing the experiment as I think it gives some help to me. Before I started the oil I would want to eat breakfast early so I could take the ibuprofen with food. I was astonished when that impulse to eat reduced, I ate much later and I didn't take any ibuprofen. It isn't going to cure everyone here in 4 days. It may be of some help. Just like the Xatral was for me. When I went on holiday to Thailand I got immediate reduction in pain. I think that was mainly due to the warmth there but other associated factors (drinking more water because it's hot, having more exercise, using the water jet beside toilets to clean out the colon) also helped.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:25 am

This study supports the view that the consituents of Mentha suaveolens (apple mint) are antimicrobial, antifungal and insecticidal: http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... 5/8605/pdf
Pulegone seems to be a constituent of both apple mint and peppermint and is often mentioned in this subject area. Its toxicity in too high doses is mentioned too, giving weight to the warnings above about not overdoing it.

ADMIN NOTE: This is a pdf that downloads and then you open it. It appears to be safe as my malware flags didn't go off. This is NOT a slap at the poster. When it didn't open immediately and the page was blank, it makes some people a bit leery. I suspect some mobile phones won't be able to open this. Again... just a heads up!

Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:00 pm

Mancs wrote:
I am continuing the experiment as I think it gives some help to me. Before I started the oil I would want to eat breakfast early so I could take the ibuprofen with food. I was astonished when that impulse to eat reduced, I ate much later and I didn't take any ibuprofen. It isn't going to cure everyone here in 4 days. It may be of some help. Just like the Xatral was for me. When I went on holiday to Thailand I got immediate reduction in pain. I think that was mainly due to the warmth there but other associated factors (drinking more water because it's hot, having more exercise, using the water jet beside toilets to clean out the colon) also helped.

That's awesome to hear! Keep us posted and I hope and pray you find more relief with it every day!

Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:57 am

Mancs wrote:

Thanks for the update. It is exciting that a long time participant of the forum reports positive results.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:46 am

How is it going for you guys that did try this? Any success?

Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:09 pm

Not sure...
It's not bad and I actually enjoy drinking it.
But I just upped my Lyrica to 450.
So....
And they gave me Valium....
So....
I will say that it is a good product.
Not sure if it, or what is helping...
But my pain is lower.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:50 pm

Still using the peppermint oil. Still have some pain, though I haven't taken ibuprofen since the day before I started the oil. So I think I have had a modest but useful reduction in pain.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:43 pm

Thanks for the updates guys. I really appreciate them.

I am trying other things, currently homemade beet kvass. That's why I haven't tried the peppermint oil myself.

Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:36 pm

Why not just massage a few drops into the skin between the anus and scrotum instead of ingesting? It will burn painfully if you accidently get some on your genitals, but anywhere else on the skin absorbs readily and have a very cooling effect that relieves pain as well.

Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:55 am

I already did that and it burns a lot, then it's refreshing but I had no changes in my symptoms. I think that my infection is in the inner side of my prostate, maybe through the urethra it can be cleaned but I can't use peppermint oil because it would be very painful, I guess.

Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:14 pm

Anyone else have anything to report on this? I'm thinking of trying it.

Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:37 pm

I tried it for about 2 weeks and I am still doing it and I have reduced the drops to 2. I had urine prob (it dribbles, stream is weak..) but it helped a little and now I dont go that often and feels like urine stream is stronger. I am not sure if it is a placebo effect or not but it feels better than before.

I never really had pain so I cant tell anything about it. I think I got prostatitis (not even sure if I should say I have it because I think I got it because of too much masterbation) which is not bacterial related.

It costs around 35 dollars and if you can get if easily, why not try it. it can be a miracle that can clear your symptom.

good luck guys.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next