Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Desperate Father, HELP ! 

Post Desperate Father, HELP !
Hi to all, this is the tale of my Sons illness hope you can help, i have tried reading the posts to see if anyone has the same symptoms but i have not seen one yet.

He is 25 yo fit and healthy (before this) hetro, does not drink but smokes a little and has not had sex for three years +.

His symptom's now are excruciating testicular pain (both), he has to wear tight pants to hold them close, any change in temperature are especially painful, showers etc.
He has what i am guessing is prostate fluid leakage while asleep and earlier in January had leakage while awake, which he likened to feeling like an orgasm. He also passes some sort of gelital substance before he urinates.
He has abdominal and lower back pain.
He is on laxatives to try and alleviate the constipation and occasionally passes blood with his stool.
A worrying new development is what looks like a blister at the opening of his urethra

His illness began early December 2016, at first he thought he was getting man flu but i told him to get his ass to work anyway.
He was sent home from work that day after nearly passing out, he then spent 2 days in bed feverish. On the third day he complained of pain in his left testicle and pain in his lower back. I took him to the hospital A&E and they diagnosed Orchitis (testicular infection) even though he told them about the vows of celibacy. The hospital gave him a course of antibiotics that made no difference so i took him to our Doctors, i suggested at this point that it may be prostatitis, but the Doctor said no, he had ultra sound scan (testicles) and different anti's, still no good. mid January 2017 he came off the antibiotics and after a week had full screening at the sexual health clinic, all tests were negative, the Doctor then put him on doxycycline. By this time an appointment had been made with a urologist, as this appointment was a month away i was so desperate that i paid for a private urologist, he told me his prostrate was slightly swollen and it was probably prostatitis, 10 minutes = £240 don't do it.

My Son has now seen the free NHS urologist and through him has had a CT scan to look at abdominal area, prostate, kidneys, testicles all negative. He has now submitted sperm sample for culture 24/03/17 and i managed to convince our Doctor to give him some ciprofloxacin while we wait for results, in the hope that we can nail it.

Has anyone had a similar horror story please let me know

Eamon

Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:53 pm

Post Re: Desperate Father, HELP !
Sorry to hear about your sons condition. The symptoms that you have listed such as testicular pain, abdominal pain ( which is probably due to bladder irritation), lower back pain, and swollen prostate are just few of the many symptoms of prostatitis. Few points I want to highlight:

1. Your son had an ultrasound on his testes and they haven't found any cysts, a twisted spermatic cords or anything that can cause the pain, therefore testicular infection sounds like a pretty accurate diagnosis in my opinion.
2. When your son first experience the testicular pain, he was feverish for two days which likely suggests an infection.
3. You mentioned that your son haven't had sex for three years, I want you to understand that Orchitis is not only caused by STI, it can also be caused by other pathogens like virus or as a result of epididymitis.
4. Constipation is maybe due to some digestive issues which is somehow related to prostatitis.
5. It is possible that your sons infection started on his testes and travelled down to his prostate causing the prostate to swell (as pointed out by the private urologist)

I am not a doctor therefore I can not give any diagnosis, these are what I have learned from school being someone with a Bachelors degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences and being a prostatitis sufferer myself. It's hard to guess so my advice to you is to wait for the result of his semen culture and you may also want to find a good Gastroenterologist for his constipation. These whole infection could be due to some digestive issues. Update me with the result, I maybe able to give some tips on how to manage his symptoms.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:39 am

Sorry to hear about your sons experience. Probably a good portion of.us here have gone through the same helish situations. Fever seems to suggest an infection, I felt a little feverish few times.when this issues started but an infection was never.found. in my experience its usually hard to distinguish.between testicular.pain and pelvic pain.
As far as I know during a std there will be discharge from the penis but it will be puss like rather then clear. His probably just ejaculated some precum at night. Nowdays after arousals I also see.the clear white liquid while urinating.
What do the blisters at the uretra look like ? Do they go and come back?
In case the semen. Ulture is negative he might have to do the expressed excretion test or just a longet antibiotics.course. pain killers, nasids and steam rooms might help

Hang in there

Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:20 pm

Hi and thx to you both for your replys, the semen culture came back negative, and he took the ciporo's for about 10 weeks with no results.
We are now going down the route of a blockage in the gut, he takes various laxatives including picolax, which you only usualy take prior to a colonoscopy, this brings some releif and if he does not take them severe symtoms return including rectal pain and blood on his stools.

I read somewher the intial cause of all of this could be some sort of fissure in his digestive system causing bacteria to leak into his prostrate.
Has anyone else heard of anything like this, and surely this would have been detected by now, let me know if you have.

Regards

Eamon

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:45 pm

I'm of the belief that this definitely can be caused by digestive issues. My most recent flare-up came after I had stomach issues for a few weeks. I thought candida might be the cause of this so I took candida cleanse pills for 2 months and it has now made my GI issues worse and my prostatitis is worse than ever after being ok for the last 4 months.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:10 pm

This is what I used to believe as the cause of my prostatitis, an inflammation, or a polyps in the colon that got infected and eventually passing the infection to my prostate, but when I had a colonoscopy the doc did not find any inflammation, polyps or any issue with my colon that would cause my prostatitis. So we move to a different route, my Uro advised me to go for a strict Candida Diet along with fluconazole for two months and it gave me a remarkable relief. I am currently 95% symptom free. I'm still on the candida diet since March along with the garlic supplement called ALLIMAX. So far so good.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:02 am

Diet is very important especially as he has constipation. I had that for years then found out we need to eat what our bodies are designed to eat. No grains, no dairy, no refined sugar, no processed foods ie paleo diet. I did this and now I feel a lot better and pooping every day which is how often your supposed to go, a normal doctor would say once a week is fine for some people, I don't think this is true. His prostatitis may clear up if he changes his diet radically. Although I still eat some cereal in the morning very low sugar so you can do it just 90% and that may work. Bad digestive health leads to all kinds of diseases. You might try a tonic herb like reishi or tulsi as they strengthen the immune system. Cipro may help it but it may also do nasty things, it is a toxic drug, lots of people come on here with Cipro poisoning and have chronic joint pains.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:52 am

best thing you can do is encourage your son to have a good diet, exercise moderately, and practice relaxation techniques. Take the pressure off him as much as possible. Also, look into any underlying or developing mental health issues that often come with dealing this condition (depression and anxiety).

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:46 pm

For diet tips, start with bone broth every single day. It contains essential amino acids and collagen for gut healing, muscles, skin, hair, faster recovery etc. Eliminate all hydrogenated fats\oil, use only organic, raw, virgin coconut oil for cooking and organic virgin olive oil for salads. Eliminate all sugars, grains, refined carbs, alcohol, caffeine, spicy foods and chilly foods, milk and dairy products. Eat green leafy vegetables, organic eggs and meat, seeds and nuts like quinoa, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and almonds in moderation. Wild caught fish like sockeye and Alaskan Salmon, Mackerel, anchovies are good too since they are low in heavy metals and high in omega 3 fatty acids. A good quality of probiotics and some other good supplements are good addition too. This will be the first step to your son's healing.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]