Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Let's get a list together of supplements that help. 

Post Let's get a list together of supplements that help.
This thread is mainly to discuss and list supplements or foods that have helped alleviate symptoms of your prostatitis.

The one that I found with back up research that helps is Quercetin with bromelain supplement.

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... sing.shtml

Feel free to add more.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:45 pm

Post Re: Let's get a list together of supplements that help.
eliteplague wrote:
This thread is mainly to discuss and list supplements or foods that have helped alleviate symptoms of your prostatitis.

The one that I found with back up research that helps is Quercetin with bromelain supplement.

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... sing.shtml

Feel free to add more.

There are countless threads here listing what helped and didn't. In all honesty it's of little use. What helps one does nothing for the other. Quercetin with Bromelain helped me more than anything else, but you will find just as many who say it did nothing. The reason being none of us know what the other has, even when symptoms are similar. This is why we try everything we think might offer relief, if not a cure.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:03 am

Good idea,of course madcap has a point. However it might throw up advertising of health supplements that are patently fraudulent!! When we panic (prostatitis does that) we tend to throw money at it hoping it will go away!!! There are charlatans in the "natural health " market same as in medical cicles!! One day , i am sure prostatitis will not be the ogre it is now, but anything that helps,,,, will help!! On a note it would appear that Ciprofloxacin did shift my infection (8days 2 a day) however i felt like ....!! but any of those anti`s would of!! I am diagnosed with (age related 66 BPH) So again try to be thoroughly checked out before taking something like cipro, i got mine as first line treatment when it should prob have been last!! i also did 30 days of prilufloxacin, so that couls have done the job??ok sorry nothing more positive, but i am now going to start Saw Palmetto powder tabs, so will update as we go, be positive! syd

Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:23 pm

Quercetin is the only thing that has helped me.

My Uro told me there have been clinical trials that have shown positive results.

Take 400mg twice a day.

I also drink quite a lot of red wine,about half a bottle a day sometimes more.Red wine contains quercetin as a natural substance.

My problems started 20 months ago as a result of a bodged urodynamics test i was having at the hospital.They left me with a urinary tract infection that spread throughout my bladder,prostate and testicles.

It did not respond to anti biotics though i proved positive for a gram negative enterobactor.So they told me it must be an anti biotic resistant infection but continued to give me Cipro for some months that just made me ill.All sorts of bowel and skin problems.Chronic pain and burning in urethra and penis tip and some pelvic pain.
Never had the 'golf ball' stuff.
I only started to get better when i ditched all the pills and supplements and started to drink more red wine and then went on quercetin.
Still have occasional frequency issues and 'warm' feelings but now tolerable and many days i am symptom free.Last year for a period of maybe 9 months i could have killed myself if there was an easy way to do it without upsetting the wife and kids.
I am now about 90% of where i'd like to be.
There was absolutely no doubt my problems were bacterial and i know that bacterior is most likely still there as it has reared up a few times during my recovery.

I am quit convinced in cases like mine only time is the best healer and a good diet and exersize red wine and quercetin has helped.
Others may be affected in different ways for sure there is no one rule fits all.

Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:27 pm

Red wine makes my symptoms way worse. And so does coffee from Mcdonalds.

Einstein coffee or BreadCo coffee does not aggravate the prostatitis I have.

Quecertrin did nothing for me. So far the best relief I have had has been Flomax. Its 5 + years I have been dealing with this crud. I think it has caused neuralgia in the nerves in the pelvis and around the prostate.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]