Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 New to the forum 

Post New to the forum
I am a 59 year old male and would like to share my story. Approximately 3 months back, I stared experiencing pelvic pain when I needed to have a BM. The pain would radiate throughout my pelvic region and especially out the end of my penis and rectum. I went to see my GP and he said I was constipated so I followed his advice on that with no results. After a couple of weeks with the same symptoms, I was going to go back to see the doc, but he was out of town for several weeks, therefore I went to see another doc in the same group and I explained my symptoms to him and he checked my prostate and diagnosed me with prostatitis. He prescribed Cipro for seven days and I got much better. However, after the round of cipro was over, my symptoms have recurred as bad as before.

I also have spinal stenosis and have dealt with IBS since I was a young man (26). At first I thought this was coming from either my back or possibly, IBS. But am now convinced it is prostatitis since when I sit down it also created pain in the rectal region. Anyone on this forum experienced the same problems?

Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]