Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Are my symptoms consistent with Prostatitis? 

Post Are my symptoms consistent with Prostatitis?
Nearly two months ago my Urologist diagnosed me with Acute Prostatitis. My issue is that there wasn't any test or examinations performed other than an ultrasound where it was determined that my prostate was enlarged. During this time I was experiencing discomfort in the tip of my penis after urinating and some occasional pelvic pain and penile pain, and it felt like I wasn't emptying my bladder. I was given Cipro for one week and asked to come back in 3 weeks for follow up. I didn't experience any increased frequency urinating or the sitting on a golf ball feeling. After the 3 weeks the only issue I was experiencing was the occasional penile and pelvic pain. I forgot to mention that my primary care doctor did a DRE and he said my prostate appeared tender.

Today after clinching really hard to prevent from using the bathroom on myself I have been experiencing pain in the area near my anus which is sore to the touch
I'm also experiencing some pelvic spasms with occasional shooting pain to the penis. Do any of these symptoms sound lie prostatitis?

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:07 pm

Post Re: Are my symptoms consistent with Prostatitis?
The simple answer is Yes without a doubt, get it seen too.
kind regards
Howard.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:26 pm

Thanks for the response. The pain has subsided but other pains seem to pop up. Do prostatitis symptoms come and go or do they just hang around?

Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:42 pm

They come and go, some times they go for weeks and can last for months, the pains can change also.
please seek advice from your doctor. ( the sooner you do the sooner your healing can begin ).

Kind regards
Howard.

Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:42 am

They definitely come and go and most of the time are chronic. You should see a doctor to rule out other things, but if it's cp cpps there are no treatments or cures, yiu simly have to live out your life with it. I'm sorry to break this horrible news to you, but maybe you have so,etching else.

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]