Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 New here. My issue. Would love some feedback please. 

Post New here. My issue. Would love some feedback please.
Hello and thanks for any insight you can give me. Please read the below points which I numbered for myself to bounce off a chiropractor friend of mine tonight, and see if this sounds like a correct diagnosis of prostatitis and if it seems I'm on the right track here. It's only been about a month but I am SO SICK of this!

44 years old, excellent health, no sexual disfunction

1. I began having some urinary tract burning and pressure, not when urinating but usually after.
2. For years, I’ve noticed that if I drink a bit too late at night, it’ll irritate my prostrate and cause my stream to be weak. This seemed to be related to me, but the burning now never went away – or at least stayed for a long time.
3. There were twingy pains associated with it. Prostrate area, hip bone area, just below belly button, and right between belly button and hip bone – right side. I’ve felt these twinges and/or aches on the left side too – but 98% of time it’s on right. Other random, non-lingering twinges occurred all throughout my pelvic and lower abdominal region. Relatively consistent symptoms: pressure in area between belly button and hip bone that feels like it would be tender or swollen, but it never is. It seems like referenced pain from somewhere else. Also, when this is present, I feel pressure and tightness – and a little bit of pain in lower right back – from my hip to my ribcage. Sometimes accompanying this is a feeling of tightness (not exactly a pain) under the edge of my right side ribs. Feels shallow. I’ve had that particular sensation before when I would suffer from core tightness due to stress.
4. None of these symptoms by themselves was very problematic and I am not sure I would describe any of them as something I’ve never felt, but it seems like I’m rarely without something. It’s like there’s a pain somewhere but it is hard to say where, and it references itself into random spots that may or may not be related but don’t hurt or feel swollen upon examination.
5. The most consistently annoying part however was the low level belly button pain radiating beneath and to my right where it feels more like pressure than pain. I find sometimes that massaging or even lightly hitting the inside of my hipbone provides relief.
6. I read up on “belly button pain, radiating to lower right abdomen” and feared appendicitis, so I made an appointment just to be safe – with my primary physician at Omni Medical Group Mark Teter. Teter was busy so I saw his physician’s assistant Leza who helped us last year.
7. There, I got bloodwork done, urine test, digital prostrate exam (not fun). Was told, prostrate felt normal, bloodwork was fine. Urine test showed no blood and no infection. White count, liver function, kidney function, PSA test, Lipace test: all normal. I had a one degree fever when I was there and haven’t had one since, but since I did have one – they suspected an infection in my prostate, declared it to be prostatitis and called in a scrip for ciproflaxicin. I took it for 10 days, and my “burning” sensation subsided – although it didn’t totally go away every time, it did usually. I believe that again, imbibing in a few late night drinks (while editing or watching tv) irritate my prostrate and the next day seems worse on those occasions.
8. So after my 10 day scrip was up, I called her and she said it sometimes takes like 6 weeks of antibiotics to clear these things up and refilled my scrip.
9. I began wondering if that was right because I hadn’t run a fever and nothing else said “infection” to me. Also since the urinary tract part of my problem seemed to have improved while the other things did not, I began to wonder if the prostatitis was, instead of the cause itself, a symptom of some other cause.
10. After doing some reading, it turns out that prostatitis can totally cause the belly button issue, but that 90% of the cases of prostatitis are “chronic non-bacterial” / chronic pelvic pain syndrome. I am suspecting now that this is what’s going on. Also, a little reading on cipro said a possible side effect is abdominal pain, so who knows if it’s doing anything but making the problem worse?
11. A little more reading leads me to an interesting find. Someone on this forum theorized that the condition is actually caused by a dysfunction of: 1. The iliopsoas muscle, pectineus muscle and nerves surrounding them. He suggests causes to be sitting for extended periods of time among other things.
12. After a little research on the iliopsoas, I think that’s exactly where I feel the tightness/twingy pain between hip bone and belly button (not to be confused with the pain right below my belly button itself).
13. So a little more reading… another guy on this forum had this to say: the muscular disfunction in the pelvis is actually caused by sacro – iliac joint disfunction – which I understand to be a misalignment of bones in the hips.
14. Not sure if related, but I pretty consistently have a stress knot in my upper right neck.
15. Other conditions commonly found with this:
a. Tinnitus - check
b. Anxiety - check
c. ADHD - not sure!
d. Depression – check
e. IBS - check
f. Knee cap issues on one side - not really
g. Lower back pain – check
h. Anal problems - no.

16. My symptoms improve during and after exercise. None of them seem to actually “hurt” for real except the low level belly button pain which seems to get stretched out to where it doesn’t hurt when I exercise.

I'm still having a bit of burning sensation at times when I pee, and my... uh... velocity, let's say, seems like it's a little diminished in terms of both pee and semen, but it all seems to be right volume-wise. No pain "during" peeing. No pain at ejaculation. But sometimes burning sensation after both. This part of my condition seems improved, so i guess i'll stay on the antibiotics, but I'm suspecting that it is not an infection.

Any insight would be massively appreciated! The abdominal area pains are worrisome at times, but again, never sever or tender at the location I actually feel them. All the pain seems to be reffered from elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:31 pm

Post Re: New here. My issue. Would love some feedback please.
Any replies would be helpful please.

Update - a week later -

The belly button and abdominal pain seem better - for the most part. Still there. Still usually in the right side, but not always. Sometimes radiating left or downward into the testicles with sort of a mild ache that feels almost like a spasm. Not super painful.

Still having a bit of a weakened stream in general, but that is much worse at night if I get up. Sometimes if I have to force it a bit, it seems like I have what feels like a spasm in my bladder that refers pain out to the right lower abdomen. That sticks around for awhile before subsiding.

After doing more reading, I'm seeing that stress and anxiety can not only add to the trouble, but may well cause it in the first place. I've had stress and anxiety issues the last few years after having gone through a bad divorce and starting a small business. Last year, I had some anxiety attack issues and part of that problem was that I would tense up internally in the chest area and my rib muscles would tighten up and make it hard to breath normally. That lasted for weeks. It really made me wonder if the same thing couldn't be happening with the pelvic floor muscles being distressed and causing this.

Sometimes this is accompanied by a tightness in my lower back up to my ribs, which makes my ribs on the right side feel "tight" - never tender.

As always, with these symptoms, I feel pains, but the area where I feel the pain does not feel painful when it's examined. Nor inflamed. Yet it's hard to shake off.

Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:12 pm

Canon2.8 wrote:
Hello and thanks for any insight you can give me. Please read the below points which I numbered for myself to bounce off a chiropractor friend of mine tonight, and see if this sounds like a correct diagnosis of prostatitis and if it seems I'm on the right track here. It's only been about a month but I am SO SICK of this!

1. I began having some urinary tract burning and pressure, not when urinating but usually after.
2. For years, I’ve noticed that if I drink a bit too late at night, it’ll irritate my prostrate and cause my stream to be weak. This seemed to be related to me, but the burning now never went away – or at least stayed for a long time.
3. There were twingy pains associated with it. Prostrate area, hip bone area, just below belly button, and right between belly button and hip bone – right side. I’ve felt these twinges and/or aches on the left side too – but 98% of time it’s on right. Other random, non-lingering twinges occurred all throughout my pelvic and lower abdominal region. Relatively consistent symptoms: pressure in area between belly button and hip bone that feels like it would be tender or swollen, but it never is. It seems like referenced pain from somewhere else. Also, when this is present, I feel pressure and tightness – and a little bit of pain in lower right back – from my hip to my ribcage. Sometimes accompanying this is a feeling of tightness (not exactly a pain) under the edge of my right side ribs. Feels shallow. I’ve had that particular sensation before when I would suffer from core tightness due to stress.
4. None of these symptoms by themselves was very problematic and I am not sure I would describe any of them as something I’ve never felt, but it seems like I’m rarely without something. It’s like there’s a pain somewhere but it is hard to say where, and it references itself into random spots that may or may not be related but don’t hurt or feel swollen upon examination.
5. The most consistently annoying part however was the low level belly button pain radiating beneath and to my right where it feels more like pressure than pain. I find sometimes that massaging or even lightly hitting the inside of my hipbone provides relief.
6. I read up on “belly button pain, radiating to lower right abdomen” and feared appendicitis, so I made an appointment just to be safe – with my primary physician at Omni Medical Group Mark Teter. Teter was busy so I saw his physician’s assistant Leza who helped us last year.
7. There, I got bloodwork done, urine test, digital prostrate exam (not fun). Was told, prostrate felt normal, bloodwork was fine. Urine test showed no blood and no infection. White count, liver function, kidney function, PSA test, Lipace test: all normal. I had a one degree fever when I was there and haven’t had one since, but since I did have one – they suspected an infection in my prostate, declared it to be prostatitis and called in a scrip for ciproflaxicin. I took it for 10 days, and my “burning” sensation subsided – although it didn’t totally go away every time, it did usually. I believe that again, imbibing in a few late night drinks (while editing or watching tv) irritate my prostrate and the next day seems worse on those occasions.
8. So after my 10 day scrip was up, I called her and she said it sometimes takes like 6 weeks of antibiotics to clear these things up and refilled my scrip.
9. I began wondering if that was right because I hadn’t run a fever and nothing else said “infection” to me. Also since the urinary tract part of my problem seemed to have improved while the other things did not, I began to wonder if the prostatitis was, instead of the cause itself, a symptom of some other cause.
10. After doing some reading, it turns out that prostatitis can totally cause the belly button issue, but that 90% of the cases of prostatitis are “chronic non-bacterial” / chronic pelvic pain syndrome. I am suspecting now that this is what’s going on. Also, a little reading on cipro said a possible side effect is abdominal pain, so who knows if it’s doing anything but making the problem worse?
11. A little more reading leads me to an interesting find. Someone on this forum theorized that the condition is actually caused by a dysfunction of: 1. The iliopsoas muscle, pectineus muscle and nerves surrounding them. He suggests causes to be sitting for extended periods of time among other things.
12. After a little research on the iliopsoas, I think that’s exactly where I feel the tightness/twingy pain between hip bone and belly button (not to be confused with the pain right below my belly button itself).
13. So a little more reading… another guy on this forum had this to say: the muscular disfunction in the pelvis is actually caused by sacro – iliac joint disfunction – which I understand to be a misalignment of bones in the hips.
14. Not sure if related, but I pretty consistently have a stress knot in my upper right neck.
a. Tinnitus - check
b. Anxiety - check
c. ADHD - not sure!
d. Depression – check
e. IBS - check
h. Anal problems - no.

16. My symptoms improve during and after exercise. None of them seem to actually “hurt” for real except the low level belly button pain which seems to get stretched out to where it doesn’t hurt when I exercise.

I'm still having a bit of burning sensation at times when I pee, and my... uh... velocity, let's say, seems like it's a little diminished in terms of both pee and semen, but it all seems to be right volume-wise. No pain "during" peeing. No pain at ejaculation. But sometimes burning sensation after both. This part of my condition seems improved, so i guess i'll stay on the antibiotics, but I'm suspecting that it is not an infection.

Any insight would be massively appreciated! The abdominal area pains are worrisome at times, but again, never sever or tender at the location I actually feel them. All the pain seems to be reffered from elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I have had prostate pain for 18 years until a year and half ago. Please check in to this, Denervation of the spermatic cord and I am sending you my email. When you get it you can email me your phone number or I will send you mine. If you live in another country we can email than. I live in Orlando Florida. Its best to talk if you can.
Talk to you soon,
Michael

ADMIN NOTE: We have a "PM" system in place. If you saw the number of weirdos that try post here every day, you would understand why we no longer allow people to post emails. The "PM" button is on the bottom left of each post.
Thanks!

Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:21 pm

All ways right wrote:
Canon2.8 wrote:

a. Tinnitus - check
b. Anxiety - check
c. ADHD - not sure!
d. Depression – check
e. IBS - check
h. Anal problems - no.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I have had prostate pain for 18 years until a year and half ago. Please check in to this, Denervation of the spermatic cord and I am sending you my email. When you get it you can email me your phone number or I will send you mine. If you live in another country we can email than. I live in Orlando Florida. Its best to talk if you can.
Talk to you soon,
Michael

ADMIN NOTE: We have a "PM" system in place. If you saw the number of weirdos that try post here every day, you would understand why we no longer allow people to post emails. The "PM" button is on the bottom left of each post.
Thanks!

Hello,

I did a quick read but number 11 may fit were I was at. Google Denervation of the spermatic cord. I had pain for 18 years and my doctor friend told me to see this young uro. I saw him and with a sample test He knew for sure the pain was coming from the spermatic cord. Read up on it and get back to me. I will send you later today web site of a doctor that shows a video of the surgery. Its not mine but he does the same thing.
Talk to you soon,
Michael

Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]