Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 The Prostatitis Forum is now open - 11/23/2010 

Post The Prostatitis Forum is now open - 11/23/2010
The new and improved Prostatitis Forum is now open - 11/23/2010.
You will need to read the FORUM RULES AND DISCLAIMERS
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3
and the CODE OF CONDUCT
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4
to participate.
This next month we will not publicize the forum extensively, while we test it, and work the kinks out.
We thank you in advance for your participation.
:)

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:27 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: The Prostatitis Forum is now open - 11/23/2010
Thank you Brad!

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:19 pm

test

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:21 pm

Info from AUA presentation

PHENOTYPICALLY DIRECTED MULTIMODAL THERAPY FOR CHRONIC PROSTATITIS/CHRONIC PELVIC PAIN SYNDROME: A PROSPECTIVE STUDY USING UPOINT
Daniel Shoskes, Cleveland, OH, Robert Dolinga, Cleveland, OH, Curtis Nickel, Kingston, Canada

Researchers who developed a “phenotyping” or classification system for CP/CPPS have now applied it to treatment. Overall, the results were good when men were treated with therapies thought to be appropriate to their phenotype. It wasn’t feasible, however, for these researchers to do a placebo-controlled study. Nevertheless, this study was a start at proving the concept. One hundred patients who had had symptoms for an average of two years were offered multimodal therapy based on their positive “domains.” For example, men with urinary symptoms received alpha blockers or antimuscarinics; those with organ-specific (prostate) symptoms got quercetin; those with neurologic symptoms got pregabalin (Lyrica); and those with muscle tenderness got physical therapy. The most common domains were organ specific (70%), tenderness (64%), and urinary (59%). Eighty-four percent of the men had at least a 6-point improvement in their NIH-CPSI scores. That didn’t depend on how many domains were positive for the patient or how high the initial NIH-CPSI score was.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:22 pm

Dr. Hennenfent,

I just noticed that you have begun a forum. Thank you very much. I have suffered with prostatitis for about 12 years. Last fall (2009) I spent 3 weeks in Tucson with Dr. Polacheck. He supplied your book for me to use. I have to say that my disease follows the exact description of bacterial prostatitis. I have been following the antibiotic and drainage protocols as prescribed by Dr. Polacheck and my improvement has been dramatic. I am under the care of my family physician here at home where I go in once a week for "professional" prostate drainage and a white cell count. My white cell count went from too numerous to count with clumps a year ago to around 10-40 white blood cells. We are hoping to bring the count down to nearly zero.

As it seems common with many men suffering with prostatitis, I got little help from the 3 urologists that I went to. Thanks to your site I found Dr. Polacheck and a "cure" or nearly so. My symptoms were very severe and prostatitis had a huge negative impact on my life. Now my symptoms are practically gone.

I recently purchased another copy of your book for a friend who also suffers from prostatitis.

Thank you for beginning the forum. I look forward to participating.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:18 pm

You are welcome. We hope to have some excellent new monographs published in the upcoming year by a couple of researchers. We will eep trying to bring everyone more information. Stay tuned...

Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]