Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Things you can do without a prescription 

Post Things you can do without a prescription
There are some things every prostatitis patient can try without even a prescription for pain,
certainly during a flare up.
1. Get and use a doughnut hole pillow.
2. Avoid riding in or on any vehicle for long periods. If you must take your pillow. That is true for sitting at your computer also.
3. Warm soaks in your bathtub. They used to be called Sitz Baths and many urologists had devices in the office for that.
4. Some doctors used to recommend muscle relaxants
5. For extreme, unbearable pain one doctor in California used to elevate his feet above his head on his wife's slant board.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:11 pm

Post Re: Things you can do without a prescription
Hi,thank you for your suggestions as i have tried all that you listed and none ever helped me.Most of the things you suggested my urologist has told me what i can do to help alieve the pain and discomfort except for the legs over the head.I would say that most urologist has mentioned the same to their patients and some of the things are just common sense.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Post Re: Things you can do without a prescription
Also omit caffeine and alcohol from your diet while suffering a flare up at least. Most doctors will tel you that may help.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]