Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Does this sound like prostatitis to you? I'm only 20 though. 

Post Does this sound like prostatitis to you? I'm only 20 though.
I went to the doctor and they initially diagnosed me with chronic prostatitis because they said it felt tender. Thy did blood tests which found no infection though and they couldn't find anything on the ultrasound or flexible cytoscopy ( which was bloody painful btw). They gave me six weeks of ciprofloxacin which didn't make any noticeable improvement so they changed the diagnosis to urge incontinence but the symptoms didn't fit at all and they called me back in later and changed it to something else, which I can't remember what it was called but it was something similar to overactive bladder syndrome. They told me that they weren't going to give me anymore antibiotics and that the only thing they could think of left to do is to stick a tube inside the penis and the anus at the same time to do a bladder pressure test, which would be my absolute last resort.

I think it's prostatitis but maybe I'm wrong. It has improved over the last year but I have had it on and off since I was about 9. The symptoms are:
* A sore/aching feeling around my whole genital area - epsecially between my anus and testicles
* When I drink too much or sometimes just randomly it becomes more of a burning/stinging feeling
* My balls occasionally ache and feel sore
* My penis sometimes aches and gets random shooting pains
* I never feel like my bladder is comepletely empty but I am so used to this now when I barely notice
* I will often go to urinate and still need to go afterwards this is inconsistent though. Sometimes I just feel a little uncomfortable around my genital area, someitmes it is a really urgent feeling but there is a large flow of urine, sometimes the urge seems to go away and sometimes I think I need to go but I don't.
* Sex and masturbation seem to irritate my genital area a bit especially between my anus and testicles.
* Ejaculation is often slightly uncomfortable and sometimes clear coloured
*If I wait more then about 4 days before I masturbate again or have sex, it feels really irritating like kind of a burning feeling and ejaculation is actually painful - especially during sex. Even with a days wait ejaculation still is kinda painful during sex
*Going for a bath, drinking lots of water and ejaculating frequently seems to help.
* I occasionally get lower back pains, although this may be unrelated
* I sometimes feel constipated for weeks at a time but this comes and goes, even if I eat the same foods
* Before once when I had sex, afterwards my penis felt like it was on fire, it was pretty painful but that has happened about twice and not for a while.

Do you think this could be prostatitis? If not, then what else? Thank you for your time and I wish you all the best with your condition.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:01 pm

Post Re: Does this sound like prostatitis to you? I'm only 20 tho
Hello,i would say from my experience with chronic prostatits and have some of the same symptoms you have presently and had some some of the other's at one point you have chronic prostatitis.I am sorry you are in much pain and having to ordeal so much suffering and going through much testing but glad that there is nothing major wrong.
I would say that whatever you do to get some relief continue doing so as i know what you are going through and it's not pleasant in the least.

Hope you feel better soon.

Gary

Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:32 am

Post Re: Does this sound like prostatitis to you? I'm only 20 tho
It does sound a lot like prostatitis and your age does not exempt you from that possibility. At one of the first prostatitis meetings in Chicago several students showed up. One patient at an Appropriations Subcommittee hearing related that his two sons came down with prostatitis in their teens.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]