Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 My Story of Chronic Prostatitis (Non Bacterial) Please help 

Post My Story of Chronic Prostatitis (Non Bacterial) Please help
Dear Friends of Prostatitis Foundation,
I am 28 year old male suffering from severe pain in urethra while urinating and ejaculating. This problem is persisting with me for last 2 months. I went to the urologist, he initially gave me 500mg Cipro. I took 20 tablets for two weeks.
He checked my Urine sample and he could not find anything unusual. Then he took a cotton sample from my urethra. He said everything is all right. Then he prescribed my Amoxiclav 1000mg 20 tabs for two weeks. He checked my prostate and told no infection and everything is fine. He added a pain killer (Nova something) along with Amoxiclav.
After taking this dose the pain has become mild but is always there.

Finally he did endoscopy of Urehtra and said everything is fine. He suggested Irritation of my Prostate and gave me SawPalmetto tablets SabalVit for two months.
I have been taking it now along with 50mg Zinc daily. I feel some kind of improvement pain has reduced but still keeps coming back and forth. Do you think it will improve my situation.

My medical history,
Two years ago I contracted genital herpes and treated with Antiviral drugs for two weeks, everything was fine from then. I tested my blood also, everything is fine with HIV being negative. Occasionally I used to have neck and back problems with my muscles. Also I had herniated disc.

This pertinent pain is really freaking me out. Can anyone give me your suggestions what this problem might be. Can this ever be cured?? Any

Waiting for your answers.
Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:23 pm

Post Re: My Story of Chronic Prostatitis (Non Bacterial) Please h
Most people will need to be on Cipro 500 mg 2x per day for at least 30 days...

Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:02 am

Post Re: My Story of Chronic Prostatitis (Non Bacterial) Please h
There are some things every prostatitis patient can try without even a prescription for pain,
certainly during a flare up.
1. get a doughnut hole pillow.
2. Avoid riding in or on any vehicle for long periods. If you must take your pillow.
3. Warm soaks in your bathtub. They used to be called Sitz Baths and many urologists had devices in the office for that.
4. Some doctors used to recommend muscle relaxants
5. For extreme, unbearable pain one doctor in Californis used to elevate his feet above his head on his wife's slant board.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]