Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 What to do when the urologist runs out of antibiotics 

Post What to do when the urologist runs out of antibiotics
I've had chronic prostatits for over 30 years (at least 6 mos/year on antibiotics). Had a TURP 9 years ago that did the trick. But, now I've got another one. I've already gone through all the available antibiotics except one that hasn't done anything for me in the past. I'm concerned that when I persuade the doc to remove my prostate, there won't be anything to help me fend off infection (also have auto-immune deficiency). Anybody had a similar experience?

Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:10 am

Post Re: What to do when the urologist runs out of antibiotics
Hi,

Do you have allergies or other auto-immune disorders? I feel sick like I did when my prostate would flare up so I have stopped having sex. I felt so bad after sex it is not worth it. I ran through a lot of different drugs and now I don't take any antibiotics for my prostate. Check my other posts once they are OK and search the web for POIS and illness after sex.

BTW, did the TURP help your flow?

Regards,
Rob

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:28 pm

I have both allergies (to about 20 different medications and families of drugs) and a compromised immune system (no spleen). The TURP gave me a new lease on life. This is the first infection I've had in 9 years. Two problems with it 1) went back to hospital several times for a few days at a time following the TURP because of blood clots. Ended up at home with a catheter for 10 days. 2) no more external ejaculations. Doesn't mean the sex isn't great.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:53 am

Glad you are still functioning and have found relief. I'm trying to find a cause for my CPPS/POIS. Thanks for the reply.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]