Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 No sex equals no pain -> Feeling ill after sex 

Post No sex equals no pain -> Feeling ill after sex
I am a 61 yo male with chronic orgasmic illness or chronic pelvic pain. Problem started early for me, in my late thirties.  Treated with antibiotics, mainly Cipro and Doxycycline and found I would be on a cycle of two weeks on the meds(and I felt better) and four to six weeks off the meds where I would begin to feel worse and finally go back on the meds.

I would have all the usual symptoms which would clear up as long as I was on the antibiotics.  

About the time I turned 50 I began to feel like I had the flu when i had prostate problems. The meds and painkillers got me through it.  I started just using the painkillers because I heard bad things about Cipro.

As we have all turned into medical detectives, I researched the problem, went to numerous doctors, planed a trip to Seattle to go to U of Washington Med Center, went to a pelvic floor PTad nausium!

I finally gave up on sex entirely!  And it work for me.  Twice in the recent past, I became arroused while kissing my wife.  I had the same symptoms even through I did not ejaculate.  The arrousal was enough to trigger the illness.

Each time it reinforces the belief that sex means illness.

My other confirmed DXsi are sleep apnea, Sjogrens, nasal allergies, asthma, chronic constipation, CPPS , major depression and neuropathy.

Got any ideas on what might help.  Every time I get a dip stick test it's clear.
Been cultured but nothing but Strep... Showed up and the MD disregarded it.

I believe there is some immune or histamine like reaction causing my problems!

I'm on drugs for depression, sjogens, acid reflux and fibromyalgia

I finally found a small discussion on POIS and it rang true for me.  Please google it and let me know what you think.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:10 pm

Post Re: No sex equals no pain -> Feeling ill after sex
Robm49 wrote:
I am a 61 yo male with chronic orgasmic illness or chronic pelvic pain. Problem started early for me, in my late thirties.  Treated with antibiotics, mainly Cipro and Doxycycline and found I would be on a cycle of two weeks on the meds(and I felt better) and four to six weeks off the meds where I would begin to feel worse and finally go back on the meds.

I would have all the usual symptoms which would clear up as long as I was on the antibiotics.  

About the time I turned 50 I began to feel like I had the flu when i had prostate problems. The meds and painkillers got me through it.  I started just using the painkillers because I heard bad things about Cipro.

As we have all turned into medical detectives, I researched the problem, went to numerous doctors, planed a trip to Seattle to go to U of Washington Med Center, went to a pelvic floor PTad nausium!

I finally gave up on sex entirely!  And it work for me.  Twice in the recent past, I became arroused while kissing my wife.  I had the same symptoms even through I did not ejaculate.  The arrousal was enough to trigger the illness.

Each time it reinforces the belief that sex means illness.

My other confirmed DXsi are sleep apnea, Sjogrens, nasal allergies, asthma, chronic constipation, CPPS , major depression and neuropathy.

Got any ideas on what might help.  Every time I get a dip stick test it's clear.
Been cultured but nothing but Strep... Showed up and the MD disregarded it.

I believe there is some immune or histamine like reaction causing my problems!

I'm on drugs for depression, sjogens, acid reflux and fibromyalgia

I finally found a small discussion on POIS and it rang true for me.  Please google it and let me know what you think.

After I read this post I lost majority of my hope ,I am in 36 and I just have the same your but not that pain ,I found relief if no sex for 4 days instead of the daily activity , i used to be very active before this disease ,Can you give more advice ? I am in same trouble ,but doctor told me once i reach 50 i can go for removing some of the gland by laser ,Do u have calcification in prostate before you got that disea?

Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:59 pm

Post Re: No sex equals no pain -> Feeling ill after sex
My friend you are responding to posts that are many many years old. The users are long long gone and won't be responding.

This board has become very very quiet

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]