Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Does high dose anti-inflammatory help you? 

Post Does high dose anti-inflammatory help you?
Hey

In the early, horrible beginnings of this problem, I remember taking 2 alieve to see if it would help, and getting no relief from it.

Damn I hate this not knowing what is helping or hurting.

For the past 3 days, I got ahold of my grandmas 600mg prescription naproxen pills. I read online some places recommended no more than 1200mg a day, but it says on the bottle take 3x a day. So I went from 1 to now 3 a day, (I'm on the last pill) and on the 3rd day my symptoms haven't been as severe, my intestines don't feel as full and inflamed, and I'm not having diarrhea for the first time in weeks.

I only have 1 pill left. I don't know if I should continue and see if I can try and keep it at bay long enough for it to heal, or if it's even helping and another weak of not beating off is helping more.

My mom also made me make an appointment for some place that looks at people with no insurance. Took bout 2 weeks but when or if they take blood or urine sample, I don't want my inflammation to be down for the day or two they check stuff.

Of course that's my luck. I told her not to even bother since they wore out every test on me 6 years ago, but she won't listen, and me just laying around in pain is worrying her and me both, but sadly I know I know more about these problems than the doc will, as many of us have researched and been tested out the ass (literally)

Soon any anti inflammatories work for you guys.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:36 pm

Post Re: Does high dose anti-inflammatory help you?
Never had one that really worked well. 800mgs or four pills of Advil would help for an hour or so. Can't take them now because I'm on cymbalta.

Had steroids for about two weeks for an unrelated problem. I noticed a difference when I was on them. I'd like a show of steroids in my groin area...if that would be possible.
They gave me a new med today...forget what it's called.

East

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:17 pm

Sorry but pain killers seem to do mostly nothing for CPPS/prostatitis. I know from personal experience and also was told this by a surgeon of 40 years experience.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:33 am

It is true that pain killers do nothing but anti-inflammatories can do the trick. NAC works for me.

Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:58 pm

I have found that Tramadol helps with the pain. It is not an anti inflammatory. I quit taking Advil, Tylenol, ibuprofen because they did nothing for the pain.

Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:41 pm

13thwizzurd wrote:
Hey

In the early, horrible beginnings of this problem, I remember taking 2 alieve to see if it would help, and getting no relief from it.

Damn I hate this not knowing what is helping or hurting.

For the past 3 days, I got ahold of my grandmas 600mg prescription naproxen pills. I read online some places recommended no more than 1200mg a day, but it says on the bottle take 3x a day. So I went from 1 to now 3 a day, (I'm on the last pill) and on the 3rd day my symptoms haven't been as severe, my intestines don't feel as full and inflamed, and I'm not having diarrhea for the first time in weeks.

I only have 1 pill left. I don't know if I should continue and see if I can try and keep it at bay long enough for it to heal, or if it's even helping and another weak of not beating off is helping more.

My mom also made me make an appointment for some place that looks at people with no insurance. Took bout 2 weeks but when or if they take blood or urine sample, I don't want my inflammation to be down for the day or two they check stuff.

Of course that's my luck. I told her not to even bother since they wore out every test on me 6 years ago, but she won't listen, and me just laying around in pain is worrying her and me both, but sadly I know I know more about these problems than the doc will, as many of us have researched and been tested out the ass (literally)

Soon any anti inflammatories work for you guys.

If you are looking for anti inflammatory with analgesic effect I recommend you to go with natural supplements to avoid long term side effects. Turmeric has a strong anti-inflammatory effect. Bromelain is another good anti-inflammatory with analgesic effects. Prostate 5LX is an effective anti-inflammatory specifically for prostate. You can add Omega 3 with high EPA and DHA. All of these supplements contributed a certain amount of relief with my symptoms especially Prostate 5LX and turmeric. Make sure to avoid foods that will worsen your condition like sugar, high amount of carbs, gluten, milk and dairy products, alcohol, caffeine and spicy foods.
Goodluck

Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:13 am

I don't think long term prescription anti inflammatories are the way forward for this disease. As yakuh11 says, natural anti-inflammatories combined with diet can be very effective. Removing foods that may be irritating inflammation like bread, dairy, refined sugar, and shifting onto a more natural hunter gather style diet should help (paleo or ketogenic are good options). Then there is curcumin (probably a bit stronger than turmeric), boswellia, ashwagandha, and ginger (combinations are stronger) that may be useful. I've been taking jarrow ashwagandha for a few months now and it has the bonus of being relaxing. There is the physiotherapy route which may be worth a go. I was stuck on naproxen for a year and it started giving me side effects, I guess if your having a flair then short term may be worth a go.

Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:31 pm

I am very new to prostatitis, having "come down with it" just 5 days ago and been diagnosed 3 days ago. Taking 600mg Ibuprofen 3 times per day has brought notable relief--I can now empty 1/2 or more of my bladder when I urinate, which was not at all possible before. I am much more comfortable than I was before I started taking it.

Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:21 pm

The time to use antibiotics is immediately upon fresh diagnosis before the bacteria have a chance to form biofilms. There are countless stories here about symptoms returning upon quitting abx. This occurs when the bacteria have had a chance to form biofilms. Once that happens, sleeping "persister cells" will repopulate the biofilm once the abx are withdrawn.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:13 pm

I agree Joe, if I could do it again, I'd hit whatever bacteria was initially found as hard as possible with the strongest antibiotic I could find. Research regarding the efficacy of drugs in relation to their success at eradicating the identified species in the prostate is of paramount importance. It's hard to find a doctor who actually does the homework.

Using a nuclear approach (Vanc, Teicoplanin) up front would more than likely prevent having to take multiple courses of various antibiotics and significantly lessen the duration of suffering. Our gut flora would probably be in much better shape as well.

For example, they found enterococcus faecalis in me. I was on various antibiotics for two years before it was finally eradicated the first time. Had I done a round of vancomycin via IV for a week or two when this first started, I probably wouldn't even be here on the forums now.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]