Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Joint pain, ibs, and prostatitis 

Post Joint pain, ibs, and prostatitis
Hi

I was just wondering if anyone else had symptoms like mine. First it started when I was 25 when I eat too many chillis and that seems to cause gut inflammation and frequent urination. I was left with that for a few years which was not too bad. However lately the prostate problem has got worse (more painful etc) and I have developed joint pain. I have not managed to find a Dr who can piece this together yet. Has anyone else had problems similar to mine and found effective methods of dealing with them? It seems most people with prostatitis or many people seem to have got it after having unprotected sex etc, not food allergies.

All the best,

Chris

Sun May 24, 2015 4:51 pm

Post Re: Joint pain, ibs, and prostatitis
Alot of prostatitis sufferers relate joint pain with their prostatitis, but joint pain is a cipro(quinolones) side effect. So if you've taken theses medecine in order to fix your prostatitis then they should be the culprit.
The same with ibs, since I took thoses antibiotics my whole digestive system is all messed up!

Sun May 24, 2015 7:51 pm

I also suffered from joint pain. Specially my knees. Recently I discovered that candida can cause knee joint pain.

Mon May 25, 2015 5:42 am

I think the above post makes a good point if you have been on medication could it be that?

Also joint pain can be caused by restriction of the joint and it not being fully able to mobilise correctly. It can happen over a period of time and suddenly start to hurt, scans are also not fully reliable they certainly can show signs of problems but the correlation between the scan and the pain is not always linked that's why here in the UK for general back pain they don't usually do MRI or drays unless its severe.

So I would say your prostatitis is not causing the joint pain and with out know what tests you have had it maybe a case of your joint pain is caused by the modern lifestyle and your prostatitis is linked to that.

Mon May 25, 2015 2:26 pm

I am waiting to see a urologist at the moment, this is the UK so I expect to be waiting for a long time. I did try antibiotics cipro and bactrim from my GP both gave me side effects within 1-2 days that I couldnt tolerate so I quit taking them. I have seen a rhumatologist who seemed pretty unsure of what was going on and gave me some steroids, my blood tests are negative for RA. Yes this may be a consequence of my lifestyle being a bit reckless when I was younger, that wouldnt surprise me, and autoimmune problems are generally on the rise these days because of diet, cleanliness, etc.

Tue May 26, 2015 1:34 pm

chris85 Most GPs in europe will tell you that joint pain has nothing to see with the side-effects of cipro.
In the USA cipro got a black-box informing people of nasty side-effects of this product whereas us european just have a few lines concerning the side effects.

I'm practicing kickboxing since 7 years and when I've asked about my joint pain they told me that I've injured myself by doing sport.

You really should take a look on the board of theses people who has been poisoned with cipro! Also taking steroid or NSAID may worsen your condition
http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... hat-helps/
http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... -else-too/

But don't worry, I went to a point where if I had to chose I'd prefer having prostatitis at full force instead of that, I could barely walk, had Tinnitus, and muscle spasms and all of that went away in 2-3 months, I just put in my head that I will never take cipro again !

Wed May 27, 2015 11:52 am

chris85 wrote:
Hi

I was just wondering if anyone else had symptoms like mine. First it started when I was 25 when I eat too many chillis and that seems to cause gut inflammation and frequent urination. I was left with that for a few years which was not too bad. However lately the prostate problem has got worse (more painful etc) and I have developed joint pain. I have not managed to find a Dr who can piece this together yet. Has anyone else had problems similar to mine and found effective methods of dealing with them? It seems most people with prostatitis or many people seem to have got it after having unprotected sex etc, not food allergies.

All the best,

Chris

I had all these symptoms. Specifically the IBS and prostatitis flareups seemed to happen at the same time. I was tested for SIBO(Small intestine bacterial overgrowth) Took an antibiotic for 1 month called xifaxin. That was back in Jan/feb 2015 timeframe. This seems to have cured me. do a search on SIBO and see my other posts on this.

Sat May 30, 2015 1:10 pm

I suffer diarrhea, pelvic pain and joint pain and I never took cipro. I think bill_johnstl is right and there is a connection. Right now I am trying my own protocol:
- celibacy/chastity
- Aglaee Jacob elimination diet
- standing desk
- boulardii
- glutamine
- sitting cross-legged on the floor for stretching (sukhasana)
- deep breathing / meditation

Last edited by jaumeb on Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 30, 2015 1:59 pm

Thanks bill johnstil, I will have a look at your other posts. Thing is the IBS has mostly cleared up now, but maybe it is still there and underlying the other issues.

Sun May 31, 2015 5:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]