Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 My Prostatitis Diary - Now cured 

Post Re: My Prostatitis Diary - Ongoing
Hello, hope everyone is doing better. Just thought I would pop by and provide a few more bits of information which I believe can help. If you are suffering from frequent urination, it may be worth testing the strength of your posterior tibialis. It is a really important stabilizing muscle in your calf. Google it and you will see posts about electric therapy. My advice would just to strengthen it, rather than paying out.
Also, there is only so much stretching you can do, I think my recovery would of been a lot quicker if I strengthened my adductors in addition to stretching them. Basically, a tight muscle is not always a strong muscle. It can be weak due to being unable to take the load or not being used in its full range of motion. Hamstrings are also a perfect example of this.

My main advice is don't waste your cash on quick fixes. This isn't gonna clear itself overnight, people prey on you. Also expect flare ups, if an exercise makes it worse, think why has it. If you get a flare up from doing a certain exercise think of it as a piece of the puzzle. Don't just quit because it flared up.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:32 pm

Post Re: My Prostatitis Diary - Now cured
So you're actually cured? i didn't know it was possible, i always hear people say they're 99% 98% better.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:51 pm

Hello, yes. Took time and dedication. However, I would say I am 99% cured in a way, since the mental aspect of the disease has caused a lot of anxiety. Still hate going on long journey's and tend to stay away from spicy food etc.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:48 am

Thank you! this hope is what keeps me fighting on. Been flaring for over a year now and just want it to end. emotionally i'm wrecked.
I've become such a bitter person and i hate it. thanks for everything you have done for us. when i get better ill be repaying the favor. i dream of the day i can write a success story

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:12 pm

If you could cure this, you would be rich. However, I would hope we would all help for free. This is a horrible condition.

The anxiety of your family jewels being jacked up is the worst.

Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:08 pm

UK sufferer,

I too strongly believe pelvic pain is the result of poor alignment and not having muscles work in their full range of motion. My pelvic pain came on 4 years ago during heavy lifting and working out. I don't think weight lifting is bad, I think that I was just doing a lot of things incorrectly.

Would you please look at my routine and give your insight? I've been doing for this about two weeks about 2 - 3x a week.

Glute Bridges
Glute Hip thrusts on a bench
Lunges (Really work my glutes)
Kettlebell Squats
Nordic Hamstring Curl
Swiss Hamstring Curl
Romanian Deadlifts

Front and side planks (Abs & Obliques)
Clams & Monster walks with a band (Adductors and Abductors)

Thanks a million.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:04 pm

NOW CURED!!

Hi, I am in my 40s and had issues w prostatitis that lasted ~ 3 years.

Prostatitis treatment goes case by case. I am lucky mine was resolved sorting out what food my body does not feel well with. For years I had been battling prostatitis. I had visited several doctors and spent a lot of money & time; I took so many antibiotics with no effects whatsoever. One of the doctors I visited was so arrogant - he told me this was all coming from my mind...he is an ignorant person that should not be practicing medicine. We have excellent doctors out there, but sometimes we are not lucky...

In my mind, the prostatitis was there because of something I was doing to my body - or something I was eating my body was not happy with. The symptoms were inflamation, irritation, frequent urination, etc: it was my body telling me I needed to do something right. No "band aids".
And after so many attempts using different foods, I became convinced I would not (ever) cure my prostatitis with a miracle food. The miracle food could perhaps mascaraed the symptoms only. The problem would continue and get worse in the future.

Well, once I removed oats from my diet - which I was eating almost every day - I noticed the symptoms were clearly reduced to a minimum. So I put it back and the symptoms came back. Every time I removed oat from my diet, it was like a light switch turning on/off the symptoms of prostatitis. After removing [b]OATS...AND LATER ON CORN from my diet, the symptoms were all cleared up. NO more prostatitis...it is all gone!!![/b] Also giving time away from nuts and seeds and will reintroduce later on.

IT HAS BEEN 2 MONTHS SINCE I QUIT OATS, CORN, NUTS AND SEEDS AND I AM FREE OF PROSTATITIS!!!!! This is awesome!!!!

How many people out there must be suffering the same way I did for years and don't know what the real cause is?

If your body responds the same way, I hope this can help you finding the solution to your prostatitis. Good luck!

Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:30 am

Thank you Bird! i will be trying this. i happen to eat lots of oats

Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:51 pm

hey uksufferer, my name is Jack and I'm 25, I have prostatitis or Chronic Pelvic Pain since end of June last year, it started after sex, I've had urine tests, urethral swabs, semen culture, no bad bacteria is coming up, however I have been x rayed by chiropractors and I've been told I have a misaligned pelvis, one leg is shorter than the other, I've been told I have a problem with my sacrum too. my left leg is the short one and sometimes I'll wake up with left buttock pain.

my symptoms started with stinging on tip of penis, discomfort/irritation feeling around my pubic area, testicle aches, over time other symptoms popped up like frequent urination, pain when urinating, tingling on perineum and testicles. At the moment my main symptom that hasn't gone away since day 1 is the discomfort feeling in my pubic region, the frequent urination has mostly gone. still get the tingling, sometimes pain when urinating, sometimes perineum ache, but its rare. other symptoms that have gone are stinging penis tip. burning or stinging after urination and white bits in urine happened recently but no infection has come up, and it hasn't happened again, was given cipro for 4 weeks but could only handle 5 days then stopped it.

maybe the chiropractic adjustments I've had on my sacrum helped and thats why no more frequent urination but I don't know, my pelvis is still misaligned, the chiropractor I saw didn't feel it was necessary to align my pelvis for some reason.

I've tried doing some pelvic stretches but I get bad low back pain afterwards so not sure if I should continue.

I've looked at your pictures you posted, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at, how do you know you have a tilted pelvis ?is it the deep curve in your low back ? I will be seeing a more local chiropractor again this month, not sure if there's any good Osteopaths in my area, haven't tried acupuncture yet. any tips you can give me, do you think its my pelvis and sacrum causing me this problem ? thanks

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:51 am

wow, just read Amy Stein's book Heal Pelvic Pain by your recommendation, everything makes sense now, my story is a little different to yours's, doctors never found any infection from me, even though it all started after sex, but I did have a bad bicycle fall in late December 2015, and a chiropractor confirmed I have a sacrum issue, misaligned pelvis, one leg shorter than the other but he never fixed it, I've just joined a gym, and I an appointment with a Osteopath on Friday, I really hope he will help me.

a question in regards to the Heal pelvic Pain book, is it ok to do muscle building exercises while doing the first stage of stretches ? also did you follow the Amy Steins guide or did you do your own thing ? I'm not really having much pelvic pain, my main symptom is irritation/discomfort feeling in bladder/pubic area, I get the painful urination every now and then, my abductors are tight, but not sure if any other muscle is tight. low back pain also.

should I bother with acupuncture ? herbal medicine ?

there's a TCM lady that does Acupuncture and Sports massage but its £60 quid a go.

thanks again UKsufferer for your posts, I am sure I know whats wrong with me now, the bike accident messed up my upper back, sacrum and it may of caused my misaligned pelvis, months go by and when I start having sex since the accident, that was the nail in the coffin so to speak.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Just checking in, it's been a while and I believe this thread can help.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4