Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work? 

Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
suiyuez,

why do u say that, have you had injections and if you did which doctor did them?

Fri May 24, 2013 9:38 am

rhythm wrote:
Madcap wrote:
Rhythm,
No idea if this works, but downloaded an app to my phone which allows you to create disposable phone numbers. It's good for 20 minutes of voice or 60 texts. Only good in USA or Canada. So give this number a call if you want to speak, or text it. If it doesn't work I'll give you an email address to use. 1-513-988-3163

Thanks Madcap, just saw this late on Thursday night, and since I'm very tired and also not sure what time zone or country you're in, I'll try that # tomorrow (Friday) between 8:30-10:30AM PST

rhythm and madcap,

is it possible to speak with each of you.

rhythm - your very analytical and would like to discuss your meeting with bahn more.
madcap, i have taken your suggestions and have worked well.

please lmk if there is a way to contact either of you.

Fri May 24, 2013 11:14 am

I once had an epidural for L5S1 pain.

It temporarily helped the prostatitis but everything came back once it wore off.

Injecting any anti-inflammatory into the pelvis will give you some relief but doesn't fix the problem.

I think it is great that some members are on here to greet and add support to all new members.

It's also important however to provide those new members with detailed, informed knowledge of both bacterial and non-bacterial prostatitis.

Like me, they came here looking for a solution as well as some understanding/compassion.

I consider this forum to be the prime source for information for those suffering from this condition.

It needs to be the most up to date and open minded place on the internet.

Fri May 24, 2013 11:36 am

suiyuezhainan wrote:
Don't do the injection. It will do you no good. Trust me!

Well 4 yrs ago I could hardly walk after injections I feel great . Just ran a few miles today , lifted weights and im pain free . So if they don't work thats interesting because my body says different .
suiyuezhainan Do you have anything that does work ? since you know injections don't ? please let us all know what does . The only reason I come on here is to let people know what has helped me and also to help guys with the run around . My intentions are only coming from a good place.

Rhythm who is this doctor that transports people to Dr. Bahn ? Please let us all know . What is his name I will ask Duke and get the information .
Thanks !
Peace and Light hope everyone has a pain free weekend!!!

Fri May 24, 2013 1:36 pm

robert russo wrote:
rhythm wrote:
Madcap wrote:
Rhythm,
No idea if this works, but downloaded an app to my phone which allows you to create disposable phone numbers. It's good for 20 minutes of voice or 60 texts. Only good in USA or Canada. So give this number a call if you want to speak, or text it. If it doesn't work I'll give you an email address to use. 1-513-988-3163

Thanks Madcap, just saw this late on Thursday night, and since I'm very tired and also not sure what time zone or country you're in, I'll try that # tomorrow (Friday) between 8:30-10:30AM PST

rhythm and madcap,

is it possible to speak with each of you.

rhythm - your very analytical and would like to discuss your meeting with bahn more.
madcap, i have taken your suggestions and have worked well.

please lmk if there is a way to contact either of you.

Robert, text me at the number I provided and I will get back to you with an email address later today.

Fri May 24, 2013 4:15 pm

Hi prayerandfaith,
Quote:
Rhythm who is this doctor that transports people to Dr. Bahn ? Please let us all know . What is his name I will ask Duke and get the information

I can't post the name of the accompanying dr., 'cause he's not part of this forum and I can't just go putting his name up here without agreement. I have to respect his privacy, I'm sure you understand.
More importantly, it doesn't matter who he is. I don't know what you mean by "I will ask Duke and get the information," but having this dr.s name isn't going to help, because Bahn cannot legally give out any names of other patients, their case histories, or their success/failure rate OR if they were accompanied by this dr. or that. It's against the law and against doctor/patient privelege, and I believe you know that...so not sure what you're offering.

If you have a special agreement with Bahn to look through, and publicize, all of his injection patient's outcomes, and you can print all those outcomes here, that would be perfect, but just reminding Bahn of some California dr. who accompanied 3 or 4 patients for the injections and didn't like his procedures, isn't going to help us "get the information" that's being requested on this thread.

So let's be very clear, again, about exactly why I started this thread and what's needed here.
It's all down to simple arithmetic. Bahn has injected X patients for prostatitis symptoms (how many?) Of those, how many got permanent relief or many-years relief, how many got relief but only for a short time after the injections, how many got no relief at all, how many experienced the symptoms actually get worse after injections, and how many, whether they got worse or better, experienced any bad and/or long-lasting side-effects.

We already know Bahn claims 75% x 75% and absolutely "zero side-effects," but any self-aware, self-active patient whose going to get needles full of heavy drugs pumped right into a few organs of his body is going to want to ask other patients and verify the results & the numbers...even if Bahn seems very caring & Christian & honest. That's just natural. Injections of this strength going right into your organs is nothing to be casual about.

So when you say "I will ask Duke and get the information," if you can get verified answers to those questions above, I'm interested, as I'm sure anyone else considering his injections would be. All the rest, one person saying "he saved my life," while another says "trust me...don't get injected," one person saying "he's the best" while some unnamed dr. says "I don't trust him," is all anecdotal. Personally, given the possible gravity of this procedure, I think Dr. Bahn himself should show any new injection patient ALL his follow-up records of ALL his injection patients (with the names removed, of course) so we can see exactly what the percentages are, not just some nice rounded-off figure he claims.

All that said, I'm still not saying "don't trust Bahn, don't get these injections," or even that I won't get them myself in just a few weeks. I just want ALL the facts before I proceed :o . I really do appreciate prayerandfaith, myballshurt, Madcap and everybody else who's contributed here and tried to shed more light on these injections. If will be helpful if we all just stick to reporting actual facts & figures about the injections, and as much as possible, leave out our personal judgements or insisting "I'm right and you're wrong!" Like Sgt. Joe Friday always said on Dragnet (I'm showing my age here :D ) "Just the facts, Ma'am."

Fri May 24, 2013 5:59 pm

Your right rhythm i was looking for facts . You posted about a no name doctor transporting patients and only have negative things to say . So in a court of law that's called hearsay.
No names, no doctor info . So your right! Just the facts, Ma'am." Not hearsay! :P
Peace And Light

Sat May 25, 2013 12:33 pm

rythm

did any of your dr's patients improve after the injections. did they all have 3 injections, less or more? what did bahn tell each of these people when they first came in an saw their prostrate on his machine?

Sat May 25, 2013 12:38 pm

I have prostatis since 2004. I used all kinds of Antibiotics and tried injection to the prostate 3 time. None of them worked. Mine is non-bacterial!! In china, thousand of patients suffered from injection because of the tissue damage to prostate. A lot of them sued the doctors and hospitals. So don't do injection! Some doctor use steroid for injection which can make a temporary relief but you are not OK, the symptoms will come back soon!

Sat May 25, 2013 4:17 pm

Your right, prayerandfaith, that dr's. opinion is just hearsay. I apologize for posting what he said if it offended anyone.

As I said back on Wednesday, I was hesitant to post any negative reports of Bahn's work yet, because I wanted to see how many positive ones came in first. But they've been slow in coming - so far only you & myballshurt have given Bahn's injections an unconditional thumbs up - while Shaky, Goran, suiyuezhainan, and several others on this forum have posted either no results or mixed results with troubling relapses.

So I posted the negative reports, including this dr.'s opinions and the bad experience of my friend, hoping to stimulate more reports of true injection results.

From now on, I will not post anybody else's opinion or experience with Bahn except my own. Hopefully, more of his injection recipients will step forward and report their own experience so I don't have to post "hearsay" for them. You offered to "get the information," meaning I assume, you could get more data from Bahn about other patients follow-up (regardless of whether that accompanying dr. was present,) and let us all know. But since that would be reporting other people's experience, not just your own, I guess that would fall into the category of hearsay, too.

If more injection patients don't report, then unfortunately, the current score recommending Bahn's injections as a top treatment choice will be 2 in favor (you and ballshurt, unless I missed somebody) and a considerably higher number against or at least, pretty unsure of its workability. That's not good enough to inspire confidence about these injections. Believe me, I'd love to see it weighted the other way - many yeses and only a few naysayers - because I'd really love to have confidence that his injections can be the answer.

But with the scanty and unsure reporting here, looks like I'm pretty much back to deciding on my own whether to take the risk or not. Like Madcap has said many times, try everything else first and if nothing else works and you're suffering desperately, then try the injections, since that's all you have left before just giving up your life. I'm still trying a few other things, but I'm not far from that point of desperation, so in the end, I may likely do the injections anyway and hope that even if they don't cure me, they don't make it worse.

Sat May 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Just go for the Trus you will see what Bahn tell you.

Sat May 25, 2013 6:59 pm

I don't think you should go anyway. You come on here making some pretty bold statements and you have only been a member of this board for 7 weeks. The no name doctor that brings the no name patients to Dr. Bahn stating he is unsanitary and only in it for the money and no good results .
And if you really went to Dr. Bahn you would know why he doesn't accept insurance .They tell you that from the start and the reasoning why. So pretty much everything you have posted has more holes than swiss cheese. :?:
I hope everyone gets cured from this hell ! For God's sake be honest and be good to one another!!
Peace And Light!!

Sat May 25, 2013 7:11 pm

Shaky wrote:
Just go for the Trus you will see what Bahn tell you.

Shaky, I already went for the TRUS, and already posted what Bahn recommended, at the start of this thread, thanks. He recommended the injections, as the only way to flush out infection from my seminal vesicle.

Sat May 25, 2013 7:18 pm

prayerandfaith wrote:
I don't think you should go anyway. You come on here making some pretty bold statements and you have only been a member of this board for 7 weeks. The no name doctor that brings the no name patients to Dr. Bahn stating he is unsanitary and only in it for the money and no good results .
And if you really went to Dr. Bahn you would know why he doesn't accept insurance .They tell you that from the start and the reasoning why. So pretty much everything you have posted has more holes than swiss cheese. :?:
I hope everyone gets cured from this hell ! For God's sake be honest and be good to one another!!
Peace And Light!!

He's attempting to look at the problem logically and with understandable caution.

I also think he's frustrated with members who won't provide considered reasoning along with their advice. You are advising people strongly to visit ONE doctor, who you appear to have a relationship with, to allegedly have uninsured injections into their prostate with a cocktail of drugs. Someone who also apparently doesn't return calls to patients in distress but claims there's no side effects to his treatment.

I don't believe it helps anyone who comes onto this forum when some of the highest posting members describe Prostatitis as a 'black beast' and that bacterial infection is the only cause of the problem.

What I really don't understand is your total conviction that you had an infection when you allegedly got better after having an anti-inflammatory injected into your pelvis. The same type of anti-inflammatory which is used to treat patients suffering from nerve pain.

Finally, I don't judge someone on the date they joined the forum but on the content of their posts.

His posts suggest a sound mind and the strength of character to learn about the illness.

Good luck to him!

Sat May 25, 2013 7:43 pm

Rhythm,
A few things about your analysis.

First many sufferers come and go from medical boards. If they get better most don't want to come back and think about the pain they once had. I'd like to thank those that do stay on such as prayer , David and others who give back to the community. The fact that we have 3 people that went to bahn in this forum and reported their results is as high as one can expect.

You stated 2 that went to bahn did well and 3 did not. That is misleading. Of the 3 that you said did not, only 1 went to bahn and bahn himself only told him to do one injection and wait. The other 2 negatives did not go to bahn. This thread was specifically about bahn and not all drs that do injections.

So based on the members who went to bahn in this forum you have a 67% better rate and no bad reactions. While its too small a population to extrapolate, it's the facts u wanted.

Sat May 25, 2013 8:05 pm
Site Admin

Just a brief word here. Everyone here is suffering. Everyone here has their own opinion and rightfully so. Try to ease up on each other and let's talk about things that helped us as individuals. For far too long, this disease has been ignored but I truly believe that is about to change. The folks that run this forum are working constantly to draw more attention to this problem and toward a solution for everyone.
Thanks.
Admin

Sat May 25, 2013 8:15 pm

prayerandfaith wrote:

Gee, prayerandfaith, you seem to have really gone sour on me, even though all I did was post some real feedback, both positive & negative, about Bahn's results. It doesn't matter whether I've been on this board for 7 weeks or 7 years, the purpose of this thread is to gather everybody's experiences with Bahn's injections. I already apologized for posting other people's experiences (hearsay) but I can assure you, those people are real and their experiences are real too. I don't care if you believe me or not, just because I won't divulge their names.

These "no name" people, as you call them, actually had direct experience with Bahn's injections, so I have no reason to trust their feedback any less than anyone on this forum. I want to hear as many reports as I can, so if I chat with several injection patients not part of this forum, who have valid stories to tell, why wouldn't I trust them as much as anyone here?

As mentioned, there already are members of this very forum, who've been here a lot longer than me, who said his injections didn't work for them...and still you & myballshurt are the only 2 I've found here that say his injections did cure you. How do you explain that? Completely aside from any hearsay experiences I added, the numbers on this very forum are already weighted against injections. But yet you seem to want to avoid that point and attack me for posting other people's not-so-great experiences with him. It's almost like you think he's great, and you have no tolerance for hearing his motives or procedures questioned by anyone else.

prayerandfaith wrote:

Of course I really went to Bahn! Are you even questioning that now? I'll be happy to email you my $600 receipt from my TRUS visit last Monday. And no, they did not tell me their reasoning why, only that they do not accept any insurance. Where do you get off being so sure what was & wasn't said to me at my appt? Were you in the closet at his office?

I know everything I've posted has no holes in it, is quite real, and is just a simple reaching out for as much information as I can gather, plus some actual feedback that I've heard from other patients of his. I also know that I've been kind, polite and open with my gratitude in every post I've made. You, on the other hand, have turned nasty. It's obvious we hit a nerve with you - for you Bahn is the second coming and you just won't hear a negative word about him. Peace And Light, indeed. Dude, you need to lighten up a lot, if you're gonna keep signing off with that phrase.

You've made your position clear, and you've added whatever value you can here with your opinions, thanks. Now you're not adding anymore value, just meanness. I've already heard how you feel about the injections, now I will hopefully hear from others - positive or negative - and receive their honest council.

Sat May 25, 2013 8:22 pm

How we decide to approach it, who we go to see, let's just respect people's opinions and stop trying to bully each other into believing there is only one way to go. None of us know the cure, there is no secret, and honestly no one can say with 100 percent certainty what the problem is. When we get better we just get better. In my few months here I've read posts from people who have tried or are trying so many different combinations of things that when they do recover it would be impossible to ever pin down what did it.
I for one am just happy I'm better, and I hope and pray we all get there in the end.

Sat May 25, 2013 8:25 pm

robert russo wrote:
Rhythm,

First many sufferers come and go from medical boards. If they get better most don't want to come back and think about the pain they once had. I'd like to thank those that do stay on such as prayer , David and others who give back to the community. The fact that we have 3 people that went to bahn in this forum and reported their results is as high as one can expect.

You stated 2 that went to bahn did well and 3 did not. That is misleading. Of the 3 that you said did not, only 1 went to bahn and bahn himself only told him to do one injection and wait. The other 2 negatives did not go to bahn. This thread was specifically about bahn and not all drs that do injections.

So based on the members who went to bahn in this forum you have a 67% better rate and no bad reactions. While its too small a population to extrapolate, it's the facts u wanted.

Thanks Robert. I agree what you're saying, especially about the many possible injection patients who are no longer coming back here, to add their experiences. I think I had my expectations too high, hoping that I'd read, say, 50 reports here, and get a large number of yays vs. nays with which to judge my chances. As I said a couple posts back, given the scanty # of reports that are available here, it looks like I'm pretty much back to deciding for myself whether to take the risk or not.

At the end of the day, I'm just scared. Scared that the injections won't help and I'll be stuck, potentially for many years, feeling this pain every day. And scared that the injections could cause some serious side-effects, though few have been reported and Dr. Bahn was both kind & reassuring to me.

I'll still keep looking for anyone who can shed as much light as possible on this procedure. More importantly, I promise to let you all know anything that does work for me, and to continue to help here if/after I get cured

Sat May 25, 2013 8:40 pm
Site Admin

........ and with that, I once again repeat... No more personal attacks. We aren't turning this into a boxing gym. We can discuss, we can disagree, and we can try to figure out what helps and what doesn't.... but that is the last post I approve that has personal slams. I get notes all the time from people just lurk here who tell me that this forum has made a night and day difference in their lives. They tell me they enjoy the comments and how everyone tries to help each other. Please keep that in mind. You aren't reaching just each other but hundreds if not thousands of others. Thanks!

Sat May 25, 2013 8:44 pm

rhythm wrote:
robert russo wrote:
Rhythm,

Thanks Robert. I agree what you're saying, especially about the many possible injection patients who are no longer coming back here, to add their experiences. I think I had my expectations too high, hoping that I'd read, say, 50 reports here, and get a large number of yays vs. nays with which to judge my chances. As I said a couple posts back, given the scanty # of reports that are available here, it looks like I'm pretty much back to deciding for myself whether to take the risk or not.

At the end of the day, I'm just scared. Scared that the injections won't help and I'll be stuck, potentially for many years, feeling this pain every day. And scared that the injections could cause some serious side-effects, though few have been reported and Dr. Bahn was both kind & reassuring to me.

I'll still keep looking for anyone who can shed as much light as possible on this procedure. More importantly, I promise to let you all know anything that does work for me, and to continue to help here if/after I get cured

Rhythm
I'm not sure if you saw earlier post but is it possible to speak with u this week?

Sun May 26, 2013 1:01 pm

robert russo wrote:
I'm not sure if you saw earlier post but is it possible to speak with u this week?

Yes, I emailed you my phone number

Sun May 26, 2013 4:20 pm

rhythm wrote:
robert russo wrote:

Yes, I emailed you my phone number

never received it. please try again.

thanks

Sun May 26, 2013 11:09 pm

Message Deleted

Last edited by rhythm on Tue May 28, 2013 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 27, 2013 11:56 am

Message deleted

Mon May 27, 2013 7:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next