Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:54 pm



Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work? 
Author Message

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:35 pm
Posts: 39
Post Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work?
OK, I know there have already been a few threads focusing on Dr. Duke Bahn (Ventura, CA) and his injections, but I just saw him today (May 20,) scheduled my 1st injection (for mid-June) and would appreciate "rounding-up" all the scattered "testimonials " in one place to help determine if his injection cocktail really works, and is a good option for me or anyone else here.

First off, he was very kind & understanding, great bedside manner, and seemed to be very honest in his answers to my questions. After my Color Doppler TRUS, which revealed only minor spots in a normal-sized prostate, but a larger amount of inflammation and "grey area" (indicating possible infection) in my right seminal vesicle, he told me the "junk" in that seminal vesicle was likely the cause for all my severe, constant burning pain at the scrotum & anus, and recommended his usual course of 3 injections into both prostate and seminal vesicles.

So my first question to him, and to you all, was "What's your success rate?" He answered "75% x 75%," meaning about 75% of all his patients experienced about a 75% reduction in pain/symptoms, which he classified as "enough to stop thinking about your prostatitis and live a normal life." He had no answer for why it didn't work on the other 25%, but if 75% is true, that's pretty good and I'm pretty interested.

I asked about side effects, and he said he has had no reports from any patients about bad side effects, through 10 years of administering these injections, beyond some temporary blood in urine or semen. And that's even as he periodically upped the dosage of the strong drugs in his "cocktail." That answer I found a little harder to believe. The cocktail includes 2 strong antibiotics, an anti-fungal, an anti-amebic (parasites) and a corticosteroid. He said even though he administers high doses of all, side effects are absent because they're not being taken orally through your GI tract. So in addition to hearing your success/failure stories, I'd appreciate hearing any honest side-effect reports.

I've heard of at least one case (a personal friend) who claimed the injections actually aggravated his condition, rather than helping it.

Additionally, I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has any suggestions for drainage of these seminal vesicle pathogens by any other method (natural cures, massage, etc.) beyond bombarding them with direct high-drug injections. Bahn says there's virtually no blood vessels in the seminal vesicles, which is why taking oral antibiotics into your bloodstream, can never touch or eliminate these infections. He also pointed out that "God made a poor design" :D when he made only one thin tube for both the inward and outward flow of the seminal vesicle, such that once infection gets trapped in there, it's damn tough to drain it out. But I trust the body's wisdom & self-elimination, and can't believe that, even with this one-door-in-&-out design, there isn't some other method of stimulating the "grey areas" to drain out.

Thanks everyone, your honest reports on your Bahn/Injection experiences will help me and others be more clear about proceeding.


Mon May 20, 2013 8:57 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:45 pm
Posts: 122
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
Dr. Duke Bahn saved my life!! check out some of my posts!! All the best!
Peace And Light!


Tue May 21, 2013 12:42 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:46 pm
Posts: 345
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
First of all Bahn is the best doctor by far!!!

My symptom are constant discomfort in prostate. Everything else is all good. When Bahn did is TRUS he said my prostate was in good shape and he said that my vesicle were ok.

I still got " set of injection. My discomfort is still therefore I am wondering if my infection is really gone because Bahn said my prostate look ok.

I had no issue with the injection it did not hurt and no problem after.

I think I still have infection im not sure why it did not work for me...

Im still happy that I tried the injection and maybe I would need more then 2 set to see a difference... im not to sure what to think

Anyway great dr!!!


Tue May 21, 2013 12:00 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:32 pm
Posts: 132
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
Shaky wrote:
First of all Bahn is the best doctor by far!!!

My symptom are constant discomfort in prostate. Everything else is all good. When Bahn did is TRUS he said my prostate was in good shape and he said that my vesicle were ok.

I still got " set of injection. My discomfort is still therefore I am wondering if my infection is really gone because Bahn said my prostate look ok.

I had no issue with the injection it did not hurt and no problem after.

I think I still have infection im not sure why it did not work for me...

Im still happy that I tried the injection and maybe I would need more then 2 set to see a difference... im not to sure what to think

Anyway great dr!!!



are you thinking of going back for 2 more?


Tue May 21, 2013 3:36 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 9:08 am
Posts: 13
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
shaky,

do you feel pressure on your bladder?

do you feel like you have to pee all the time?


Tue May 21, 2013 4:30 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:46 pm
Posts: 345
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
No i have no urination issue i just have prostate pain... I dont know if its muscular or infection. I know for sure it started with infection. I just want to be able to do sport and have a regular life!!!


Tue May 21, 2013 8:44 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:35 pm
Posts: 39
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
Thanks, prayerandfaith for your thumbs-up for Bahn.
Thanks Shaky, for confirming no side-effects. I'm a bit confused why you would call him the best doctor when the injections didn't cure you - maybe you're just talking about his bedside manner. Like Russo, I'm left wondering if you're going back for more injections, and if that's what Bahn recommended, when you told him the first 2 didn't work?

Still looking for more feedback about his injections. I know there are more of you on this forum who have had them, please give us your honest assessment.


Tue May 21, 2013 11:20 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:46 pm
Posts: 345
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
The reason i say he the best dr because he actually does a color doppler Trus to see what happening down there. He actually told me after my first set that my prostate look ok. I still went for a second set. I told him i dint not do nothing. Like he told me the first time he did not think i had a infection.

He look at all the vesicle to make sure they are ok. Now im wondering what to do next. I still think its infection. I'll maybe try physio.


Wed May 22, 2013 9:25 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:32 pm
Posts: 132
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
rythym,

you mentioned that a friend of your tried bahn and had a problem. whats his story?


Wed May 22, 2013 11:27 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:35 pm
Posts: 39
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
robert, I've been hesitant to post any negative reports of Bahn's work yet, because I wanted to see how many positive ones came in first. prayerandfaith (above) gave him a thumbs up here and in many other threads on this forum. myballshurt hasn't responded on this thread, but he claimed great results elsewhere on this forum. I was hoping there would be many more reports of full cure/no side effects, coming in here, but that hasn't happened.

My perspective is: Bahn himself claims 75% cured or near-cured and no bad effects ever reported over 10 years, and if he is a totally honest & caring man, that would be enough to say "OK, inject me."
If, one the other hand, he is being less than honest about his track record, and is in fact just interested in taking our money for injections in an uncaring, assembly-line fashion, I'd want far more scientific studies and follow-up data before I went for the injections.

Unfortunately, I do have a handful of first-hand accounts which tend to suggest the latter. I have a doctor friend who has accompanied several patients to Bahn's office for injections, and he came away with a bad feeling. He watched Bahn inject people through the rectum without requiring a deep anti-bacterial wash of the rectum first, so that the needle was possibly carrying fecal bacteria into the prostate with it. He also witnessed people who did not get better, their symptoms actually worsened. And in at least one case (that friend I mentioned) he watched as my friend not only experienced aggravated symptoms, but blood in his urine & stools that lasted not for a few days, as Bahn mentions, but for months afterwards...and how Bahn would not return my friend's desperate phone calls, ever.

So my doctor friend came away with a feeling that Bahn just does his injections, takes your money, and doesn't really care about the person afterwards. And another forum member, Madcap, links us to a site questioning how much, and how long, these injections actually help. Here's that link : http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... tions.html. Obviously, the fact that this site belongs to a surgeon, Dr. Krongrad, who advocates prostate-removal to cure prostatitis, raises it's own questions.

That said, I'm still not opposed to the injections. The fact that a least several desperate people, who tried everything else and were close to suicide, have been cured or near-cured by his injections, without long-term side effects, is a good testament. It would sure help if there was some impartial long-term studies on both the success/failure record and side-effects from an objective third party...not just from Bahn himself. Obviously he's going to give himself a glowing record.

But if I get desperate enough, and I feel there's at least "no harm in trying," I'll probably give it a go, too.


Wed May 22, 2013 5:00 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:30 am
Posts: 819
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
rhythm wrote:
robert, I've been hesitant to post any negative reports of Bahn's work yet, because I wanted to see how many positive ones came in first. prayerandfaith (above) gave him a thumbs up here and in many other threads on this forum. myballshurt hasn't responded on this thread, but he claimed great results elsewhere on this forum. I was hoping there would be many more reports of full cure/no side effects, coming in here, but that hasn't happened.

My perspective is: Bahn himself claims 75% cured or near-cured and no bad effects ever reported over 10 years, and if he is a totally honest & caring man, that would be enough to say "OK, inject me."
If, one the other hand, he is being less than honest about his track record, and is in fact just interested in taking our money for injections in an uncaring, assembly-line fashion, I'd want far more scientific studies and follow-up data before I went for the injections.

Unfortunately, I do have a handful of first-hand accounts which tend to suggest the latter. I have a doctor friend who has accompanied several patients to Bahn's office for injections, and he came away with a bad feeling. He watched Bahn inject people through the rectum without requiring a deep anti-bacterial wash of the rectum first, so that the needle was possibly carrying fecal bacteria into the prostate with it. He also witnessed people who did not get better, their symptoms actually worsened. And in at least one case (that friend I mentioned) he watched as my friend not only experienced aggravated symptoms, but blood in his urine & stools that lasted not for a few days, as Bahn mentions, but for months afterwards...and how Bahn would not return my friend's desperate phone calls, ever.

So my doctor friend came away with a feeling that Bahn just does his injections, takes your money, and doesn't really care about the person afterwards. And another forum member, Madcap, links us to a site questioning how much, and how long, these injections actually help. Here's that link : http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... tions.html. Obviously, the fact that this site belongs to a surgeon, Dr. Krongrad, who advocates prostate-removal to cure prostatitis, raises it's own questions.

That said, I'm still not opposed to the injections. The fact that a least several desperate people, who tried everything else and were close to suicide, have been cured or near-cured by his injections, without long-term side effects, is a good testament. It would sure help if there was some impartial long-term studies on both the success/failure record and side-effects from an objective third party...not just from Bahn himself. Obviously he's going to give himself a glowing record.

But if I get desperate enough, and I feel there's at least "no harm in trying," I'll probably give it a go, too.


Rhythm, I have no first hand knowledge of how effective injections can be as I've never had them, but all drugs, all medical procedures, have a downside as well as an upside. When I read about a Dr claiming no patient has ever experienced a bad reaction to his treatment I can only assume he is being dishonest, because that isn't possible.

My next problem is he doesn't accept any type of insurance. None. Now if I have it wrong, I'm sorry, but that's what I believe to be true. So now you have to ask yourself why? If he accepted insurance wouldn't he be able to help many more people? If his reason is money, then that is another problem I have with him. He wouldn't lose a dime, because the increase in people who could afford to go would more than makeup for any loss from accepting insurance.
So again I have to wonder why not accept insurance, and that leads me to believe that it isn't that he doesn't take it, but rather no insurance company will cover the procedure through him. Now you have to ask yourself why, and I don't know the answer to that question, but it would be a very big factor for me if I was considering it.

Having said all that its obvious that he has helped a few people on this board, but very few. Now if I was desperate for a cure, and had exhausted all other possibilities, I probably would try the injections, but it would be a last resort decision.
I still believe there are ways to manage this condition, if not totally cure it, that are a safer bet than injections, but if a person has reached the end of the road with everything else then injections or complete removal might be the only options they have left.


Wed May 22, 2013 8:02 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:15 pm
Posts: 14
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
I have what is a probably single pathogen infection with E. Coli. Doxycycline or ciprofloxacin would erase all my symptoms within a day or two, but as I had too short courses with these valuable antibiotics (worst mistake in my life), the pathogen developed resistence, forcing me to deal with weaker antibiotics. Also, my infection spread to the seminal vesicle. The quinolones worked for another while actually, and they would clear up the prostate but not that seminal vesicle, and I would relapse from it every time.

I underwent injections with both Dr Toth and Guercini. They both suspected chlamydia and I got injections against chlamydia. Those didnt do much actually, and in some cases, they would even just irritate my prostate further.

However, once the cocktail was switched to cover gram-negatives only, I had tremendous results. Most or all symptoms would clear very fast, but I kept relapsing, and the recovery was quite uneven during the treatment.

After plenty of injecting, my infected seminal vesicle was probably cleared. However, something in the prostate survived and I had to go back on oral antibiotics. The issue with injections is this - an infected prostate is severly blocked, by both calcifications and jelly-like debree formed by the bacteria, clogging the ducts. Injected antibiotics do flush out many of these, but not all - and it simply doesn't distribute everywhere.

Despite relapsing, I get quite good results from prostate drainage and oral antibiotics, but I'm still not cured. The ideal treatment would probably focus on unblocking the prostate and combine oral antibiotics with injections, as injections alone may indeed improve one, but a complete bacterial eradication appears to be a rare outcome.


Wed May 22, 2013 9:57 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:32 pm
Posts: 132
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
rhythm wrote:
robert, I've been hesitant to post any negative reports of Bahn's work yet, because I wanted to see how many positive ones came in first. prayerandfaith (above) gave him a thumbs up here and in many other threads on this forum. myballshurt hasn't responded on this thread, but he claimed great results elsewhere on this forum. I was hoping there would be many more reports of full cure/no side effects, coming in here, but that hasn't happened.

My perspective is: Bahn himself claims 75% cured or near-cured and no bad effects ever reported over 10 years, and if he is a totally honest & caring man, that would be enough to say "OK, inject me."
If, one the other hand, he is being less than honest about his track record, and is in fact just interested in taking our money for injections in an uncaring, assembly-line fashion, I'd want far more scientific studies and follow-up data before I went for the injections.

Unfortunately, I do have a handful of first-hand accounts which tend to suggest the latter. I have a doctor friend who has accompanied several patients to Bahn's office for injections, and he came away with a bad feeling. He watched Bahn inject people through the rectum without requiring a deep anti-bacterial wash of the rectum first, so that the needle was possibly carrying fecal bacteria into the prostate with it. He also witnessed people who did not get better, their symptoms actually worsened. And in at least one case (that friend I mentioned) he watched as my friend not only experienced aggravated symptoms, but blood in his urine & stools that lasted not for a few days, as Bahn mentions, but for months afterwards...and how Bahn would not return my friend's desperate phone calls, ever.

So my doctor friend came away with a feeling that Bahn just does his injections, takes your money, and doesn't really care about the person afterwards. And another forum member, Madcap, links us to a site questioning how much, and how long, these injections actually help. Here's that link : http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... tions.html. Obviously, the fact that this site belongs to a surgeon, Dr. Krongrad, who advocates prostate-removal to cure prostatitis, raises it's own questions.

That said, I'm still not opposed to the injections. The fact that a least several desperate people, who tried everything else and were close to suicide, have been cured or near-cured by his injections, without long-term side effects, is a good testament. It would sure help if there was some impartial long-term studies on both the success/failure record and side-effects from an objective third party...not just from Bahn himself. Obviously he's going to give himself a glowing record.

But if I get desperate enough, and I feel there's at least "no harm in trying," I'll probably give it a go, too.


Rhythm ,

You make some interesting points but I'm a little confused.

The first is your friend who is a dr brought several patients to bahn. What is this persons specialty? Why did he go with multiple patients and not stop patients from going there if he saw this problem? Was he the referring dr?

Also if you were told this by the dr friend, why would you go on the consultation? It seems unless u were very disparate u would never be interested in this.


Wed May 22, 2013 10:48 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:35 pm
Posts: 39
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
Hi Madcap, good to hear from you again...thanks for contributing to this thread.

- The lack-of-insurance thing doesn't bother me too much, because I have several doctor friends who don't take insurance anymore, and it's not because they're trying to hide a questionable procedure. It's simply because it's become such a huge hassle to work with the insurance companies, for doctors as well as consumers. The whole insurance system is very messed up, as we all know.

- Bahn did ask me where I heard about him, and seemed like he wanted to keep this injection procedure a bit under the radar. Whether that's because he's concerned about backlash from medical authorities/FDA, or he's being outright dishonest about it's efficacy, I don't know. He freely admits it's an unrecognized & questionable procedure, and says he only came up with his injection cocktail because he had so many desperate prostatits patients appealing to him, and as a prostate research specialist, he thought he could come up with a possible fix.

Before that, and still to this day, he prefers to work on prostate cancer patients, not prostatitis patients. He doesn't take insurance for his prostate cancer patients either, and his procedures for that illness are standard enough, nothing an insurance company would have a problem with. (Although I heard he favors cryotherapy and may have an investment in a cryo company?)

My take on it is that he doesn't want the hassle of collecting ongoing scientific data and long-term studies of his injection recipients. He just wants to give this injection cocktail (that he claims to have invented) to desperate prosta sufferers and be glad for the per-cent that get healed and get their life back from the edge.

But he's obviously scared of problems (like malpractice suits, maybe) with any sufferers who call him back claiming failure or long-lasting side-effects, because he doesn't return their calls. It's obvious he would prefer to just give it a shot (or 3,) take your money, and not hear from you again. And tell you his record is 75% success with no side-effects, rather than keep detailed long-term records and actually let you see the truth. That's the part I have a problem with. Not collecting & publicly displaying detailed long term studies of the effects of these injections over 10 years is just irresponsible as a doctor & researcher. But he just doesn't want the hassle.

As far as I know, no one, not even my friend whose urinal bleeding kept up for months, has sued him. I think that's because any side-effects do eventually clear up - my friend's bleeding did eventually stop - so there's nothing to sue him over. So while I agree with you that his claim of "zero side-effects" is way too bold, the fact that he's been doing it for 10 years and never once been sued by a disgruntled patient tells me whatever side effects do manifest, must not be too much of a problem. If people were having really bad, deeply-concerning side-effects from this, they'd have sued his ass off years ago, and he would have stopped offering the injections.

Quote:
I still believe there are ways to manage this condition, if not totally cure it, that are a safer bet than injections, but if a person has reached the end of the road with everything else then injections or complete removal might be the only options they have left.


- I'm in full agreement with you here. Injections definitely should not be a first, or even 5th, resort, before exhausting every other option. But for all the methods listed under the "it works for me" section of this site, all the drugs & natural supplements, massages, hot baths, etc., it's still all too common for none of those, or any combination of them, to work at all, while the pain threshold, and desperation, builds very quickly.

It only took me 6 months from initial onset, to get to a pain point where I can barely sit or work, lose sleep, and feel like my whole physical/emotional body is in a constant state of pain-recoil, every moment. And I have tried everything on that list...yup, everything. None of the drugs or supps lessen my pain (I'm not willing to take the narco drugs,) hot baths, exercise, internal and external massage, myofascial release, extended anitbiotics...none of it has kept my pain from growing ever-stronger with each passing week. So it doesn't take too long to get to the edge of desperation. Reading about decade+-long-sufferers on this forum, I simply can't imagine how they've kept living.

When you say there are better ways to manage or cure, I wonder if I'm missing anything you've offered up on this forum. Would love to chat with you directly, but haven't yet found a way members can send messages or do off-to-the-side chats with each other. Please let me know if there's a way we can talk directly for a few minutes. I promise to be respectful of your privacy and time. Thanks


Thu May 23, 2013 12:06 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:45 pm
Posts: 122
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
Im not buying it at all. To say that doctor Bahn don't care and not honest is a total lie Dr. Bahn is by far the best doctor I have ever seen and saved my life.
Here is a idea . DONT GO!!! If you can find a better doctor God Bless !
Peace and Light!


Thu May 23, 2013 12:09 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:35 pm
Posts: 39
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
Quote:
Here is a idea . DONT GO!!!


Hi, prayerandfaith. I think you over-reacted a little here. If you read my posts carefully, you'll see that I'm only recounting my experience (only the initial visit so far) and the reports of some others, both patients and doctors. None of them had any bias to dislike or distrust him from the start, they're just reporting what they experienced first-hand, both in his manner, his procedures, their results from those procedures, and his claims. They're not even saying it in an accusatory or upset way, just calmly reporting what happened for them.

So there's nothing to buy or not buy. You had your experience, which was that he was great, totally honest, and saved your life. That's fabulous!! I'm so happy for you. Your past posts were one of my main impetuses for going forward with my first appointment with him. And overall, I liked him. My purpose in starting this thread was to try to collect as many different patients experiences as possible, to help decide about proceeding with injections. Obviously, there are other patients who had different experiences than you or ballshurt. Some great, some just OK, and some poor experiences...which is what you'd expect from any cross-section of patients reporting about any specific doctor. You have to be open to the possibility that, for some, Bahn seems to be less than totally honest or caring, and they have real evidence to feel that way.

So no need to lash out. I'm still thrilled you got saved by him, and still keeping his injections very much in my consideration for the not to distant future. But I'm staying open, and objective, to hear from ALL sides, not just the winners.


Thu May 23, 2013 1:14 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:32 pm
Posts: 132
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
rhythm wrote:
Quote:
Here is a idea . DONT GO!!!


Hi, prayerandfaith. I think you over-reacted a little here. If you read my posts carefully, you'll see that I'm only recounting my experience (only the initial visit so far) and the reports of some others, both patients and doctors. None of them had any bias to dislike or distrust him from the start, they're just reporting what they experienced first-hand, both in his manner, his procedures, their results from those procedures, and his claims. They're not even saying it in an accusatory or upset way, just calmly reporting what happened for them.

So there's nothing to buy or not buy. You had your experience, which was that he was great, totally honest, and saved your life. That's fabulous!! I'm so happy for you. Your past posts were one of my main impetuses for going forward with my first appointment with him. And overall, I liked him. My purpose in starting this thread was to try to collect as many different patients experiences as possible, to help decide about proceeding with injections. Obviously, there are other patients who had different experiences than you or ballshurt. Some great, some just OK, and some poor experiences...which is what you'd expect from any cross-section of patients reporting about any specific doctor. You have to be open to the possibility that, for some, Bahn seems to be less than totally honest or caring, and they have real evidence to feel that way.

So no need to lash out. I'm still thrilled you got saved by him, and still keeping his injections very much in my consideration for the not to distant future. But I'm staying open, and objective, to hear from ALL sides, not just the winners.


So does this mean your keeping your appointment in June ?
Also u never answered my earlier questions.
What specialty is your dr friend? Did he refer the patients to bahn? How many cases is he actually familiar with? Why did he let patients go to him if he felt strongly against? Does he have any positive reviews?


Thu May 23, 2013 5:29 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:32 pm
Posts: 132
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
Rhythm,

Is there a way for us to talk? Mod, please feel free to forward my email address to rhythm.


Thu May 23, 2013 5:35 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:30 am
Posts: 819
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
rhythm wrote:
Hi Madcap, good to hear from you again...thanks for contributing to this thread.

- The lack-of-insurance thing doesn't bother me too much, because I have several doctor friends who don't take insurance anymore, and it's not because they're trying to hide a questionable procedure. It's simply because it's become such a huge hassle to work with the insurance companies, for doctors as well as consumers. The whole insurance system is very messed up, as we all know.

- Bahn did ask me where I heard about him, and seemed like he wanted to keep this injection procedure a bit under the radar. Whether that's because he's concerned about backlash from medical authorities/FDA, or he's being outright dishonest about it's efficacy, I don't know. He freely admits it's an unrecognized & questionable procedure, and says he only came up with his injection cocktail because he had so many desperate prostatits patients appealing to him, and as a prostate research specialist, he thought he could come up with a possible fix.

Before that, and still to this day, he prefers to work on prostate cancer patients, not prostatitis patients. He doesn't take insurance for his prostate cancer patients either, and his procedures for that illness are standard enough, nothing an insurance company would have a problem with. (Although I heard he favors cryotherapy and may have an investment in a cryo company?)

My take on it is that he doesn't want the hassle of collecting ongoing scientific data and long-term studies of his injection recipients. He just wants to give this injection cocktail (that he claims to have invented) to desperate prosta sufferers and be glad for the per-cent that get healed and get their life back from the edge.

But he's obviously scared of problems (like malpractice suits, maybe) with any sufferers who call him back claiming failure or long-lasting side-effects, because he doesn't return their calls. It's obvious he would prefer to just give it a shot (or 3,) take your money, and not hear from you again. And tell you his record is 75% success with no side-effects, rather than keep detailed long-term records and actually let you see the truth. That's the part I have a problem with. Not collecting & publicly displaying detailed long term studies of the effects of these injections over 10 years is just irresponsible as a doctor & researcher. But he just doesn't want the hassle.

As far as I know, no one, not even my friend whose urinal bleeding kept up for months, has sued him. I think that's because any side-effects do eventually clear up - my friend's bleeding did eventually stop - so there's nothing to sue him over. So while I agree with you that his claim of "zero side-effects" is way too bold, the fact that he's been doing it for 10 years and never once been sued by a disgruntled patient tells me whatever side effects do manifest, must not be too much of a problem. If people were having really bad, deeply-concerning side-effects from this, they'd have sued his ass off years ago, and he would have stopped offering the injections.

Quote:
I still believe there are ways to manage this condition, if not totally cure it, that are a safer bet than injections, but if a person has reached the end of the road with everything else then injections or complete removal might be the only options they have left.


When you say there are better ways to manage or cure, I wonder if I'm missing anything you've offered up on this forum. Would love to chat with you directly, but haven't yet found a way members can send messages or do off-to-the-side chats with each other. Please let me know if there's a way we can talk directly for a few minutes. I promise to be respectful of your privacy and time. Thanks


Rhythm,
No idea if this works, but downloaded an app to my phone which allows you to create disposable phone numbers. It's good for 20 minutes of voice or 60 texts. Only good in USA or Canada. So give this number a call if you want to speak, or text it. If it doesn't work I'll give you an email address to use. 1-513-988-3163


Thu May 23, 2013 8:33 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
Guys, please trust your instincts on this one. You may be desperate but keep logical and demand answers to questions you have a right to ask.

It's someone who allegedly, without insurance, injects a cocktail of drugs into your prostate, through your bum, who doesn't properly warn you of side effects and won't return calls to those in pain. He's also allegedly not interested in publishing or keeping a record of his results

Is that really someone you can trust?

Personally I think the anti-inflammatory is giving people some temporary respite. It will shrink inflamed nerves helping to restore urine flow. In the long term, you underlying problem is still there and the prostatitis surely returns.

Just my 2 cents


Thu May 23, 2013 9:00 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:35 pm
Posts: 39
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
For robert russo:
robert russo wrote:

So does this mean your keeping your appointment in June ?
Also u never answered my earlier questions.
What specialty is your dr friend? Did he refer the patients to bahn? How many cases is he actually familiar with? Why did he let patients go to him if he felt strongly against? Does he have any positive reviews?

Sorry, I didn't see your response at first. To answer your questions:

I haven't decided, for sure, to have the injections in June. Bahn was filled up for the next 3 weeks, then he had 2 weeks vacation, so the soonest I could get my 1st injection would be in about 5 weeks. Although my pain is severe, I decided this was actually a good thing, as it would give me at least 5 weeks to research & experiment with any other method that might work to relieve my problem. Right now I'm working with internal prostate massage, with a practitioner who can actually feel the granulated junk and infected blockage in my right seminal vesicle, and feels confident they may be able to help drain it with good, strong digital massage.

Thus, I started this thread, knowing I had 5 weeks to round up as many Bahn-injection testimonials, both positive & negative, as well as experimenting with other therapies, so that come 5 weeks from now, I can make the best informed decision.

The dr. friend who accompanied others to Bahn is not a uro or prostate dr. He's a neurologist & a naturopath. The reason he accompanied so many patients and let them go was because they were all friends/patients of his, who were desperate for relief, had tried everything else, and were insisting on trying Bahn's injections as a last resort. So even though he had strong feelings against Bahn and the injections, he acquiesced to their desperation and said, "OK let's go try it," and then also kindly accompanied them to the injection appointments, on his own time without charge, just for moral support.
And unfortunately, he has no positive reports...too bad.


Fri May 24, 2013 2:00 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:35 pm
Posts: 39
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
Madcap wrote:
Rhythm,
No idea if this works, but downloaded an app to my phone which allows you to create disposable phone numbers. It's good for 20 minutes of voice or 60 texts. Only good in USA or Canada. So give this number a call if you want to speak, or text it. If it doesn't work I'll give you an email address to use. 1-513-988-3163


Thanks Madcap, just saw this late on Thursday night, and since I'm very tired and also not sure what time zone or country you're in, I'll try that # tomorrow (Friday) between 8:30-10:30AM PST


Fri May 24, 2013 2:03 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:35 pm
Posts: 39
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
To myballshurt:

myballshurt wrote:
to rythym........
...prayer and faith said it best he saved his life ,and i can say we both have been long time members of this board and older board's also now that have gone and we have seen it all ,from guy's going to china and getting hep c from dirty needle's to money hungry md's .DR DUKE BAHN IS THE BEST IN THE USA AT WHAT HE DOE'S PERIOD AND I HAVE BEEN TO THEM ALL. as i have said before I'm no md just a long time suffer, god bless rdfslg@aol.com

rythym you email me i would like to talk to you about your statement and give you some real names of doc's on your above un truth statement on dr bahn


Thanks for your response, myballshurt. I really appreciate it! Just to be clear:

Quote:
i can tell you also that i had a distorted testicle like you.

- I never said I had a distorted testicle. Current diagnosis, from Bahn's TRUS, is that my prostate itself looks fine and shows little/no sign of infection, but my right seminal vesicle seems to have some real junk/infection clogged up in one corner, which Bahn feels is causing all my pain radiating to penis, scrotum and anus. I mentioned above that I had a practitioner give me an internal digital massage, and when they had their finger on my right seminal vesicle, they could actually feel the clogged-up residue that Bahn saw on the TRUS, so I guess Bahn's diagnosis sounds pretty accurate.

Quote:
why you did not let bahn do the injections ?

- I didn't have Bahn do any injections on my first visit, because all I wanted was a good solid diagnosis with his Color Doppler TRUS. I knew in advance that no matter what he found, I wanted to wait and consider all options before getting injected, so I didn't have his pharmacists prepare the cocktail in advance. He does not keep any supply on hand, as he believes it must be freshly prepared just hours before the injections, so had to wait for next appointment.

Quote:
my experience is bahn is not in it for the money if he was he would charge 5 grand or more with lab work

- Sounds reasonable. He certainly could charge way more than $400 per injection, these days doctors charge thousands for desperate pain-relief procedures. So it sounds sensible that he's not just trying to make a lot of money from it.

Quote:
my advice would be let him cool your hot spot's down before your prostate turn's into a ripe tomato.

- Well, my whole purpose in rounding up as many testimonials as I can about his injections, is to get clear if his injections really do cool down everyone's hot spots, or most people's anyway. If he's tried to cool down, say, 100 people's hot spots with these injections, and it's only worked on, say 35 or 50, then we can't assume he will, indeed, cool down my hot spots. But I'm glad your hot spots responded to his care.

Quote:
i can say enough about the catholic Christian doc, Jesus has healed a few through his hand's i know

- Can't respond about this 'cause I don't have any clue about Bahn's religion or whether it would matter anyway. I've seen plenty of religious doctors & patients, down on their knees, praying to Jesus to save them, and the patient died anyway, so I think we'd better leave religious attributions out of this.

But I truly appreciate your vote of confidence for the man and his procedures. And yes, I would love to to email with you for more proof of his honesty & caring. Please let me know how I can reach you by email...this forum doesn't seem to list emails or provide side-chat rooms, which would be very helpful.


Fri May 24, 2013 2:31 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
My testicle retracted and twisted slightly when I had Prostatitis.

I found out the muscle which retracts the testicle (when cold for example) was being stimulated somehow.

Once the nerve problems went the testicle went back to it's original position.


Fri May 24, 2013 8:26 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:32 pm
Posts: 14
Post Re: Calling all BAHN/INJECTION stories - does it really work
Don't do the injection. It will do you no good. Trust me!


Fri May 24, 2013 8:38 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.