Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Phage Therapy for Prostatitis 

Post Re: Phage Therapy for Prostatitis
eadk wrote:
dom_hend wrote:
Met this guy in real life, he is a real cool truthful guy.

However, his case will not apply to 98% of you.

Phages work usually in acute phase of infection only (this is what another patient was told at Polish phage center). Do you have a daily fever? I sure don't. We are in chronic state, not acute like him.

I've spoken to many other people that have undergone phage therapy. Not a single success story on this level. Some got a little better. One got worse. Most no changes. No one that I know is cured.

No Chris, you are wrong.

Care to elaborate on why/how he is wrong?

Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:27 pm

Gents, just as a data point: I sent a prostate fluid sample to the Eliava clinic in Georgia. They sent me back a report that was all clear. I had a control test run by my Uro as well and that came back all clear. Eliava was very professional with me.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:17 pm

Did they check for Urea/Myco...they do not by default. They send it to external facility if you ask.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Post Re: Phage Therapy Procedure Infos
taico wrote:
I'm currently doing a phage therapy at the Hirtzfeld Institute in Wroclaw/Poland, Polish Academy of Sciences.

My prostate fluid is infected with enterococcus faecalis, enterobacter cloacae and klebsiella pneunominae... I'm suffering for about two years now and all antibiotic treatments, including those with so-called last-line-of-defense-antibiotics like imipenim and teicoplanin brought zero result. So did not transurethral resection of the prostate.

In Germany, I couldn't find a doctor doing intraprostatic injections of antibiotics but after a long journey I finally found one offering me radical prostatectomy if the phages wouldn't succeed... besides the fact that he'd be doing prostatectomy for prostatitis the first time...
So I hope phage therapy will do...

I would love to hear from anybody, especially those who did bacteriophage therapy for prostatitis, what to pay attention to during therapy.
I'm meaning those facts doctors and medical team members often ignore... you know what I mean.
First of all, this is important during phage typing in laboratory (currently running) and, after that, during home application, in whatever form it may be...

I will report what happened during therapy.
Keep strong, you're not alone but only you can keep your focus...

How was your experience? Could you cure it?

Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:41 pm

What was the result of the therapy? Any update? I'm thinking about it but it is too much money to me (it costs like 1300 euros, and add the ticket and the lodging).

Mon May 13, 2019 10:56 am

I tried it with Phages from Georgia. They did NOTHING. Just nothing. A total waste of A LOT of money. They were intended for oral use but they taste extremely disgusting and did not help at all!
Given this experience, to me phages from georgia are a scam. Maybe phages work, but not those from there.
I don't believe any study they created about this.

Thu May 16, 2019 5:30 pm
Profile WWW

In the ncbi site I came across a Polish study about phages and chronic prostatitis, searching by enterococcus faecalis and chronic prostatitis. I can't post the link but if you do the same search you will find it also. I found it trustworthy. I don't trust the authorities blindly and I think that they sometimes lie or pass lies without knowing, but it's hard to me that the ncbi would allow an study from scammers in their page.

The title of the study is: Phage Therapy in Prostatitis: Recent Prospects. (There are another by Chinese authors and several more by people from other countries about phages and that bacteria).

They say this in the study I have mentioned:
Quote:
Our preliminary data suggest that phage therapy could be efficient in patients with prostatitis. Our study comprised 27 patients most of whom received phages intrarectally for an average of 47 days. Eradication of pathogen as confirmed by two consecutive EPS cultures was observed in 13 patients. A significant decrease in the EPS leukocyte count, significant reduction of the prostate volume and an increase in the maximum urinary flow were also noted. No significant side effects were observed.

I think that the Polish authors of the study were from the same institute of research of phages that Taico mentioned in this thread (the Phage Therapy Unit of the Medical Centre of the Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy PAS). I would like to know if those guys from Polland are reliable because they charge around 1300 euros for the whole treatment!

It would be helpful to read reviews from people who already did the treatment there.

What I understood from reading several studies related to enterococcus faecalis and chronic prostatitis is that that bacteria can be very stubborn and difficult to eliminate from the prostate. Most antibiotics seem to fail (as it was in my case) and phage therapy seems a reasonable alternative, but when you have been mistreated or lied by doctors so many times it's difficult to trust even studies that seem at first serious.

Going to Poland from Spain, spent weeks there and a lot of money just for an scam is something that gives me shivers only thinking about it.

Thu May 16, 2019 7:22 pm

@ Chavalote

It's not a scam - just look up "How Sewage Saved My Husband's Life from a Superbug" on Youtube.
Many people simply don't get that just because something doesn't have a 100% success rate, it's not a scam.
Keep looking - there are many credible success stories (I don't want to "spam" this forum with tons of links). Although only one about chronic prostatitis (Pranav from myprostatitiscure) so far.
Also, are you aware that treatment in Georgia is about 4000 EUR?
If your pain is manageable and you don't need medication, I suppose it's not worth it.

@ Whatever

What are you even talking about? It sounds like you ordered them via mail or something, without consulting a physician.

ADMIN NOTE: I can't allow that YT link to be posted BUT... if anyone wants the link, send this poster a message.
Thank you

Sun May 26, 2019 6:13 pm

EdwardH wrote:
What are you even talking about? It sounds like you ordered them via mail or something, without consulting a physician.

To grasp what I wrote, you need to have experience with phages first hand. You don't have that experience. Therefore your statements have no value.

Sun May 26, 2019 8:13 pm
Profile WWW

Whatever...can you share some more details regarding your experience with Phages. Did you spend time at one of the treatment centers in Eastern Europe?

Tue May 28, 2019 7:31 pm

WS1234 wrote:
Whatever...can you share some more details regarding your experience with Phages. Did you spend time at one of the treatment centers in Eastern Europe?

They ship phages with a leaflet. In this leaflet, they write

Quote:
Usage and dosage:
Intesti bacteriophage for treatment purposes is used per os with first signs of disease within 5-6 days. Intesti bacteriophage should be used in following doses:

Age Amount of admisions and period of admisions
Children from age of 3 and adaults 10 ml per admission 4 times a day 30 minutes before meal

During Per os application of Intestibacteriophage in adults and children from age of 3, drinking of 2-3% baking soda solution (one glass, 150-250 ml) is recommended.
In parallel to per os admission of Intest ibacteriophage it is recommended to use Intesti bacteriophage per rectum, once a day in the amount of 10 ml for children and 20 ml for adults. (Per rectum usage is recommended in the evening with enema after empting stomach)

For prophylaxis use Intesti bacteriophage is recommended:
- In organized groups to prevent spread of infections. During seasonal infections, Intestibacteriophage can be applied once a day in amount of 10-20 ml. Application can be made with the interval of 5 days during 1 month.
- During the rise period of intestinal infections, all patients in the clinics are recommended to go through phage treatment despite diagnoses. Phage application is recommended 2 times with the interval of 5 days. Amount per admission should be 10-20 ml.

This is what I did.

Beforehand, I had my fluids tested by them and they found this very phage to work.

EdwardH fell for the true scotsman fallacy. Having a guide on how to take phages leads to doing it the right way. If that doesn't work, there are some options I picture:

1. Their tests are faulty. That means that they claim everyone had the same bacteria for them to sell their phages. They don't actually do real tests, yet charge for them, and claim you needed this phage.
  2. Their phages are not working in general. I could be, because they suffered destruction on the way here. It could be, because they have never produced working phages. In "How Sewage Saved My Husband's Life from a Superbug" they used phages from the military and they injected them. I won't inject those per os phages. In other words, the army tested those phages before they gave them to the patient. The army cannot afford sending dyed water. Thinking back, the institute offered me someone else's phages who wanted to resell them. Now I know the likely reason for him wanting to resell.
  3. In their defense, it could be that the phages killed the bacteria. They could test it again to verify this(Yet if the first point applies, I am better off with another tester. Yet this other tester is likely to find nothing, as always.) It could be that they were not causative for my problems.

Wed May 29, 2019 4:09 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2